Kate Middleton hates the redesign of Kensington Palace
- One of our all-time favorites, this Jenny Packham gown she wore in 2012 is just perfection.
- Her custom-made Jenny Packham frock for showing off newborn Prince George was simple, pretty and just right.
- Duh, a list of her best looks couldn't possibly exclude her Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen wedding gown!
- We know Kate loves lace (and so do we) so we were big fans of this Erdem dress with lace-accented shoulders.
- We loved her canary yellow Jenny Packham dress, even if the wind at the Calgary International Airport sought to fight with it!
- During her pregnancy this year Kate was radiant in polka dots -- plus the dress is from Topshop, so it's even better!
- Kate looked lovely at the BAFTA awards in Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.
- One of everyone's favorite dresses, Kate wore Issa for the couple's engagement photos.
- This military-style ensemble by Alexander McQueen is one of our favorites.
- Kate attended a film premiere in this gorgeous dress by Matthew Williamson, and the designer added the embellishment along the neckline just for her.
- Kate looked pretty as can be in this coatdress by Jesire.
- Shortly before welcoming baby George, Kate wore a custom dress and jacket by Jenny Packham to the Queen's Coronation celebration.
- Kate's emerald Emilia Wickstead coatdress is gorgeous - and perfect for St. Patricks day.
- Kate looked lovely in floral Erdem.
- We were so bummed to know this primrose lace dress is by an independent designer, because we want it!
- Kate looked perfect in Alexander McQueen for George's christening.
- This vibrant yellow Emilia Wickstead coat was a great maternity look.
- One of Kate's favorite dresses (and one of ours!) she has worn this Temperley London gown a few times.
- The Duchess is stunning in this emerald dress by the brand Mulberry.
- And duh, wedding dress part 2!
- Kate's powder blue Emilia Wickstead dress was this editor's favorite maternity look.
- We're obsessed with this Alexander McQueen piece -- Kate looks fierce!
- The best part about this Orla Kiely dress is that the pattern is small birds! Too cute.
- Kate had a very colorful pregnancy, here in a bespoke coat by Mulberry.
- Kate stunned at SportsBall in Temperley London.
- Kate may have worn her belt upside-down on this MaxMara coat, but we still loved it.
- It's easy to look fashionable in thousand dollar dresses, but the Duchess can dress down, too!
- A wrap dress is one of the most flattering silhouettes, and Kate chose this one by MaxMara earlier this year.
- Kate wore a stunning blue patterned Jane Troughton coat to a friend's wedding, paired with a Jane Corbett fascinator and black court shoes.
- Alexander McQueen, of course. And isn't this coat amazing?
- The Duchess looked pretty in a grey shift dress by Roksanda Ilincic.
- Hey, stripes are totally fashionable.
After a $1 million overhaul of Kensington Palace (which, to be fair, mostly consisted of structural changes needed for safety), Kate Middleton has decided that she... well, hates it. According to the Daily Mail, Kate is "dissatisfied" with some of the design aesthetics after trying to save money on paint color. "She wasn't happy with the result," reports the Mail, "one room came out with a horrible, unexpected purple tinge." Ah, unexpected purples can be SO ghastly!
Seeing as she planned the design and color scheme while pregnant with Prince George, she's reportedly "blaming it on her hormones before the birth." But never fear, the Duchess will get rid of that purple hue once and for all! She's enlisted the help of Ben Pentreath, an architectural and urban designer.
Pentreath has previously worked with Prince Charles on some of his properties and has been tapped to help William and Kate with their country estate, Amner Hall. Quite the gig for the 41 year-old designer, don't you think? A statement from the Palace said that any design and aesthetic-related costs will be covered privately by the family.
If she cares this much about a purple tinge in the paint color of one room, we can only imagine how stylish George's nursery is, all decked out for the little Prince! Click through the gallery above for Kate's best looks.