J. Lo sends 'Idol' audience wild with performance critique

'American Idol': Emily Piriz Takes On JLo

On "American Idol," Emily Piriz paid tribute to her Latin roots -- and to judge Jennifer Lopez -- with a performance of JLo's
"Let's Get Loud."

JLo said she loved the performance (she actually was lip-syncing throughout) but wished Piriz would have gotten a little more into it -- then demonstrated what she meant with a hard hair flip that sent the audience wild.

Harry Connick, Jr. said it was incredibly brave to take on the song, but thought Emily got lost in the big production.

Marcia March 06 2014 at 9:09 AM

Agreed. Poor song choice; poor execution.

maplepurple March 06 2014 at 9:53 AM

the talent this year is awful.
not one of them is great.

i_shoff maplepurple March 06 2014 at 9:58 AM

fool, you have a hearing problem.

Terri maplepurple March 06 2014 at 10:18 AM

I so agree with you. All thru the audition weeks I heard quite a few that were more talented than this group. No more for me, I'm bored.

ajboxer1337 March 06 2014 at 10:47 AM

omg i havent missed an idol show in 13 yrs and honestly these performers are the worst i have ever seen,most of them could not pull off being part of a wedding band they just suck

Terri March 06 2014 at 10:19 AM

And they all sang out of tune!!! Disappointing group........

alecsmom March 06 2014 at 10:55 AM

I agree with grndbab....this is the worse group EVER. The judges really messed up this time, eliminating many, many really good performers for this bunch. At first I thought it was just nerves, but now its getting comical. And, what's worse, the judges are not giving valid critiques.....they are being passavists. I hate to think what Simon would be saying about these performances...now that X Factor is cancelled, maybe he'll come back as a guest jusdge and whip this group into shape....

m.juel alecsmom March 06 2014 at 11:05 AM

I agree, this is the absolute worst bunch of finalists ever, and they had found some good talent, but they sent them home. I couldn't believe it. There are 3 guys are ok or good. It is never any good with JLo on there. I think Harry and Keith are trying to give them help and critique, but JLo doesn't know anything about music, she is just a performer. They have got to get better or they are done for. Horrible show anymore.

jclewsmass m.juel March 06 2014 at 12:08 PM

I couldn't believe they sent Spenser Lloyd home. He was, as they say "the full package." They will have to invite him back to get me to watch any more episodes.

Flag 0 rate up
Lisa A. Santos March 06 2014 at 10:55 AM

Have Your Say…Lets hear JLo sing the National Anthem at a baseball game without enhancements!

rogerandcathy March 06 2014 at 10:18 AM

American Idol is awful this year. Only 1 or 2 good performances so far. None are fantastic, I think they hand picked and picked the wrong ones.

jhnsmll rogerandcathy March 06 2014 at 10:55 AM

wonder if any of these screamers could sing any old favorites guess not this is terrible this year give them some real oldies and see if any of them could perform them don't think so no Carrie Underwoods here

katydid579 jhnsmll March 06 2014 at 11:16 AM

Carrie who?

Flag +1 rate up
Welcome, Ann! March 06 2014 at 10:26 AM

losing interest in this show-I mean where are the artists with the good voices? This selection of talent is just awful!!

katydid579 Welcome, Ann! March 06 2014 at 10:30 AM

They have already let two of the best get away. The girls FAR outshine the guys at any rate.

ajboxer1337 March 06 2014 at 10:49 AM

i have stopped watching THERE ALL THAT BAD

grndbab March 06 2014 at 10:50 AM

this is the worse talent in 13 years and i am an avid watcher , its seems that each week they r getting worse