Brazilian soccer player rescues cutest invader

Brazilian Soccer Player Rescues Cutest Invader

Sometimes being cute can take you a long way -- at least that was the case for one little boy who ran out on the field during the soccer game between Brazil and South Africa. HLN says he's now an Internet sensation.

'After Brazil's win over South Africa, the world's cutest fan ran onto the field and made a run for the Brazilian national team but was apprehended by security.'

That's when Neymar, one of the world's most popular soccer players, stepped in.

Neymar took him from security and brought him to meet the team.

'Suddenly it turned into this kids best moment of his young sweet life. Look at the other side of this, it might be the greatest photo,' 'GMA' reported.

It seems Neymar enjoyed the encounter, too. He posted photos of himself with the boy on Instagram and wrote about the joys of making a child smile.

A writer for NBC says, 'It really was one of those moments which shows that despite their superstar status, soccer players are still humans too.'

No word on the name or age of this invader-turned-superstar, but we're guessing this was one night he'll never forget.

Check out the full video here:

breid2 March 07 2014 at 7:57 AM

that was just amazing.....made that child's day. awesome way to turn a situation around for the best.

rod0939 March 06 2014 at 7:38 PM

I despize Neymar the football player for things he has done on the field and his cockiness. However, this video has shown that he has another side to him. Well done....you have made a child smile and that will buy you some "goodwill" from me....I wont shout at the tv when you are playing as much. May this good deed be an omen of things to come from you....just not against Real Madrid.

brantghang March 06 2014 at 7:31 PM

this is such a big memory for the boy, wish that was me D: haha
thats what you call loving your fans

biffcove March 06 2014 at 7:28 PM

It's a shame that ALOT more of this doesn't happen in all walks of life!

david.konen March 06 2014 at 7:16 PM

Had heard this earlier, and had thought this was a GREAT thing which happened in cases like this.

Brian March 06 2014 at 7:09 PM

Absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you, I am now your fan! I know nothing about soccer, but I'm still a fan.

Thomas Savage March 06 2014 at 6:52 PM

great

Kevin March 06 2014 at 6:39 PM

Amazing!!! way to go to the soccor team, Great act of kindness,

lmylvn March 06 2014 at 6:26 PM

Can the monitor of comments stop the ads about ppl making money on the puter? Has nothing to do with the stories and I find them irritating. Thanks for letting me vent. :)

david.konen lmylvn March 06 2014 at 7:18 PM

I can UNDERSTAND and IDENTIFY with you here - I think some of THESE comments are completely IRRELEVANT, and just want people to think about SOMETHING ELSE.

tonder22 March 06 2014 at 6:20 PM

FYI AOL .... YOU MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO VIEW YOUR MORNING RUSH VIDEOS BECAUSE THEY KEEP GETTING OVERPLAYED BY YOUR VIDEO ADS. TOO BAD. THEY WERE INFORMATIVE. NOW THE SITE IS GARBAGE,