Anchor makes priceless face when he realizes he is live

Anchor Makes Priceless Face When He Realizes He Is Live
A reporter didn't realize he was live on the air ... and he was mortified when he realized his mistake.

KCPQ actually posted the flub to its website. Anchor Tom Yazwinski was supposed to be discussing mudslides, but instead ... 'I'd be happy, man! Rangers to me are a sinking ship,' he joked to someone out in the field with him.

Just take a look at his face when he realized his Rangers comments made it on the airwaves.

The anchors thought reporter Yazwinski was talking about the Texas Rangers and the fact that Russell Wilson has been seen hanging around the team.

Wilson just won a Super Bowl for the Seahawks but also loves playing baseball. According to USA Today, he's always dreamed of playing two sports, and he was selected by the Rangers in Major League Baseball's Rule 5 draft last December.

As for Yazwinski's comment about the Rangers being a sinking ship ... he poked some fun at himself, tweeting out a photo of his daughter Stella mocking him. That's classic.

leavesbound March 07 2014 at 2:38 AM

A number of years ago I was in a crowd in a public place outdoors watching and listening to a speech given by a politician. One thing I don't like is when a reporter thrusts a mike into the face of some private person and demands the answer to a question. And of course this is exactly what happened to me. I had turned around after the speech and walked away having heard what I came to hear and this reporter out of nowhere shoves a mike in my face and starts asking questions like a cop interrogating a suspect. I really had no desire to be on TV so I figured if I use a few obscene words she couldn't use the footage. So I just said "F***, F***, F***, F*** and repeated a few more times and she had a look of utter astonishment on her face and yelled "CUT!" but then her producer yells "go to commercial somebody!" and then I found out we were live!

Carla leavesbound March 07 2014 at 6:16 AM

ahahahhaha...that is priceless... great story!!!

dal March 07 2014 at 5:36 AM

Not as bad as the guy who invites his boss over for dinner and when he arrives and the man proceeds to introduce the boss to him family his little boy come up and says "Nice to meet you Mr. Butthead, daddy talks about you all the time."

qweeno1bee dal March 07 2014 at 12:01 PM

That's too funny!!!

mbrheljr March 06 2014 at 1:57 PM

One of our local TV field reporters in the Coachella Valley actually topped that about 15 years ago.

She was reporting a breaking news incident.

And, accidentally...ON THE AIR...said Cathedral Sh*tty, when she meant to say Cathedral City.

She survived that, but sure caught some flak from the brass first...

Robyn March 06 2014 at 1:59 PM

The solicitors on the huff post sure make it hard to keep a chat up about the real deal that is important. Seems like they should be banned from such soliciting. unfortunately we can't shut the door on them right. But, if we quit posting maybe someone will take down their soliciting! I try to ignore them but when important situations are being talked about it is hard to forget how disrespectful the solicitors .

mortwiw Robyn March 06 2014 at 4:02 PM

This is not a Huff Post story. Since your comment is on this page I'm assuming you are confused about which online source this story is from (aol.com/article). Not defending the spam scammers, I hate them too no matter who's comment section they clog up.

jdonoh4 March 06 2014 at 5:47 PM

Meg McLeod is quite the babe!

kklinvt March 06 2014 at 2:43 PM

Eh, it was kind of funny and at least he could see the humor in it.

d1anaw March 06 2014 at 3:01 PM

Oh please. I thought this flub was something significant.

Joy March 06 2014 at 10:09 PM

This is pretty cute, I love that he pokes fun at himself later. Not enough people have a sense of humor in this world.

Rock Ranger March 06 2014 at 1:36 PM

I am wondering how these "my neighbor's aunt makes $64 an hour. . ." Spam Scams keep appearing on Huff posts.

genesis.mattey Rock Ranger March 06 2014 at 1:56 PM

haha, saw this message, signed in and saw about 10 more posted. Cheese and bacon!

Nancy Rock Ranger March 06 2014 at 3:50 PM

I "flag as abusive" each time I see one. I hope their email ID gets blocked or something.

robby.villa March 06 2014 at 2:17 PM

Slow news day. This was not interesting or funny!