Conan O'Brien to host MTV Movie Awards

People-Conan OBrien
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Conan O'Brien will be serving up buckets of golden popcorn.

O'Brien announced Tuesday on his TBS talk show "Conan" that he's hosting this year's MTV Movie Awards. The annual movie celebration that honors winners with popcorn-shaped trophies is scheduled for April 13 at the Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles.

"After eight years of intense negotiations, I am honored to announce I am hosting MTV's second most prestigious awards show," the comedian joked in a statement.

It marks the first time O'Brien has hosted the MTV Movie Awards. He previously hosted the Primetime Emmy Awards in 2002 and 2006.

Past hosts of the MTV Movie Awards have included Jimmy Fallon, Aziz Ansari, Russell Brand, Rebel Wilson and Sarah Silverman.

victorypest March 05 2014 at 4:54 PM

YYYYAAAAAWWWWWNNNNN!!!

prnyl March 05 2014 at 12:30 PM

Conan is sinking into oblivion and has to use prop events like this to keep him afloat

billr5 March 05 2014 at 12:39 PM

good place for his talents, that or PeeWee's playhouse…hahahaha

rude March 05 2014 at 1:34 PM

Hosting the MTV Movie Awards is almost as prestigious as being the featured speaker at Trailer Trash of the Year banquet.

directedby March 05 2014 at 3:17 PM

To think I actually used to know you, Conan O'Brien ...

Conan -- if you're reading this ... recall the night yourself, G.D. & I went to see the Sean Connery / Christian Slater starrer 'THE NAME OF THE ROSE' at the Fairfax Theater ..?

The best part of the film we laughed ourselves silly and couldn't get enough of -- was the massive sub-woofer 'Abbey' / 'Library' door effects.

And then after the film -- something like 11pm, when we three, drunk with laughing so much -- went to Canter's Deli -- and the trio of us making the door sounds when any of the restaurant doors opened or closed

Yep -- tis that 'Dana' who lived next door to your N.N.T.N. cohort (G.D.) on Formosa.

I hope this finds you and G.D. well --

I heard you got a TV gig these days ... cool beans.

Dana

Kern News March 05 2014 at 3:58 PM

I haven't watched Conan in over a year. Is that a big deal? MTV AWARDS? Look at Ronan Farrow. Now that is a big deal . And he is only 25. Conan jumping up and down got on my nerves.

Taxi Talk March 05 2014 at 4:26 PM

Hey, Conan - after THAT gig, maybe I can get you a part-time cabbie gig on the weekends !! ;D

.....maaaybe.

candacedean March 05 2014 at 4:39 PM

I wanted to like this guy but he just isn't very funny

barbara March 05 2014 at 4:46 PM

UGG ..........

wparschau March 05 2014 at 8:38 AM

for some reason I never really liked him, but that who I am to say ! For some reason he has not the right charm and charisma !