Biker paralyzed in New York road rage incident speaks out

Biker Paralyzed In N.Y. Road Rage Incident Speaks Out

The man run over in last year's biker road rage incident sat down with NBC Wednesday to talk about how he's been doing since getting injured in the video that has gone viral.

The video first got attention online last fall. In it, the driver speeds away from a gang of bikers who end up chasing him and beating him up on the streets of New York. Before speeding off, the driver appears to run over a man named Edwin Mieses.

In an exclusive interview, Mieses told NBC he doesn't blame the driver for the accident that left him paralyzed.

"No, I don't blame him. I don't blame him because at the end of the day, I'm not him to know what was going through his mind."

The Star-Ledger says the 32-year-old was one of more than 20 bikers who surrounded Alexian Lien's Range Rover after he allegedly bumped into one of the bikers. Mieses told NBC he only knew two or three of the bikers in the group.

So far no charges have been filed against Lien, who was also injured when several bikers began beating him up after a high-speed chase.

The New York Daily News reports the injuries won't leave Lien "permanently disfigured."

Mieses' attorney, Gloria Allred, told NBC she wants the local prosecutor to take a close look at what happened before deciding whether to charge Lien. Allred also said filing a lawsuit against Lien isn't off the table.

Lindsay March 06 2014 at 12:02 PM

why dont they go after the guy who stoped in front of the car so he would run into him and started the whole thing!!!

backdraft17cfd Lindsay March 06 2014 at 12:18 PM

Well, now why do you think he doesn't blame Lien? Because he knows he is facing charges for that reason. It's called (at least here in CA) unlawful detention since Mr. Lien didn't commit any crime. The DA was looking to charge Edwin Mieses with a crime.

Jeri-Anne March 06 2014 at 12:39 PM

Was the punk paralzyed or not? That was a big deal when it first came out. Gloria Allred? Really? Pro bono extraordiare-

Tom March 06 2014 at 12:41 PM

If you threaten someone you should pay the price.

Matt Hopkins March 06 2014 at 12:43 PM

As an avid motorcyclist, when we go on organized rides we keep to one lane. The key word here was ORGANIZED RIDE. These morons were everywhere like they owned the road. The only problem I see here is somehow Gloria Allred interjected her mug in this situation.

Lynn Matt Hopkins March 06 2014 at 1:07 PM

Matt - that's the way it's supposed to be done - and wasn't that a 5 or 6 lane road they were taking up? I can't ride anymore and miss it and after hubby was hit by a Mom in her mini-van talking on her cell phone and yelling at her 2 little ones in the back turned right in frnt of my hubby on his Harley - although he's been on bikes almost all his life - he's not riding either and our bikes are hopefully going to be sold soon. But we can't ride together due to my brittle bones and spine fractures (not bike related) - so we are o.k. with it - our G'son is saying we can sell the Shovelhead though

nikeiausa Lynn March 06 2014 at 1:19 PM

What ever!

Flag +2 rate up
sue Lynn March 06 2014 at 1:22 PM

Lynn: REAL bikers don't block up all the lanes. But then again I said "real" bikers. This pack was just a collection of punks and rejects on two wheels. Maybe Eric Von Zipper and his "ratz" will learn(haha) from this reality check.

Flag +5 rate up
ka3ty March 06 2014 at 12:45 PM

It has always been a public nuisance with so many bikes in a pack, We wouldn't put up with street gangs of over 100 people on the sidewalk terrorizing the community. I bet that at least every other bikers was carrying a gun as well. Your first instinct is protect your family, but before anything happens, I would have pulled over and let them all go by upon the first site of them. Who wants to be intertwined with hundreds of motorcycles? not me.

Jack March 06 2014 at 12:45 PM

Having Greedy Gloria Allred by his side make's me want to Puke!

yayabeanes Jack March 06 2014 at 1:05 PM

She seems to pick a lot of losing causes...Maybe because its a paycheck for sure...And don't know abut her past record but has she ever even won a trial lately...Or been on the winning side?

lefthandtape March 06 2014 at 12:47 PM

So you are going to sue a man that was feared for his life. Grow up and be a man instead of a PUNK! Good thing I wasn't there because there would have been PUNKS scattered all over the place.You threaten my family and see if I don't exercise the use of my concealed weapons permit.....

John March 06 2014 at 12:49 PM

Awwww my heart just ******* bleeds for this piece of ****.

jjbwnyc March 06 2014 at 12:52 PM

do you know how intimidating that is! get lost. whey werent you back in lawrence ma? taking care of your wife and kids! stay away from nyc. you wanted attention you got it. wow see how easy that was...ha ha ha...but you cant walk away now...ooops did i say that..YES I DID!

lefthandtape March 06 2014 at 12:53 PM

As far as the lawsuit I don't think you have a LEG to STAND on..........

World Series