10-Year-Old Suspended For Pointing Hand In Shape Of Gun

10-Year-Old Suspended For Pointing Hand In Shape Of Gun

A 10-year-old Ohio boy is back in school after serving a three-day out-of-school suspension for pointing his fingers at a classmate in the shape of a gun.

WSYX reports fifth grader Nathan Entingh was in his science class last week when he made his hand into the shape of a gun and pointed it at his friend's head. Nathan said he was just joking around.

The school's principal then gave Nathan a three-day suspension and sent a letter home to his parents explaining what happened. WBNS adds Nathan was able to go back to school Tuesday.

Nathan told WCMH he had no idea he was breaking any rules when he pointed his hand at friend's head.

"But I've never heard that you couldn't pretend your hand was a gun. Like, it's not loaded, it's not actually going to hurt someone. I never heard a warning about this." (Via WCMH)

But a spokesman for Columbus City Schools says otherwise. "The kids were told, 'If you don't stop doing this type of stuff, there would be consequences,' ... It's just been escalating." The spokesman also toldThe Columbus Dispatch students had been sent home with three letters because of problems with "pretend gun play" this year.

But Nathan's father still says the punishment went too far.

"But a three-day suspension for that was a little excessive. I mean, I could understand them maybe giving him detention or even in-school suspension."

Nathan's father also says that the principal told him if something like this happened again, the suspension would be even longer.

rubrduk2 March 05 2014 at 11:22 AM

Mental evaluations for all members of the educational system. I ve never heard of such nonsense until the last coupl;e of years Jist what are they teaching in those colleges? Must be a degree is Mental Incapacity.

bdkalm March 05 2014 at 11:42 AM

that is the most stuoid thing to do, i guess they never heard of cowboys and Indians

D. Louis Nicholson March 05 2014 at 11:42 AM

This is absolutely nuts. We daily expose to our kids to all sorts of well depicted, gory, and senseless violence on tv and in the movies and then some idiot principal does this to a 10 year old kid. If I was his dad, I would have pointed my finger at the principal and then asked" are you now going to call the police on me?"

firemech33 March 05 2014 at 11:44 AM

The Barney age has taken hold and the children are being dumded down so that the progressives will be able to take completely over.

Hank firemech33 March 05 2014 at 12:17 PM

Agreed.... this is pathetic....

dukecreek March 05 2014 at 4:50 PM

When I was in high school, we used to bring our shotguns to school and take them to the principals office and left them there until school was out. When school was out, we went to the principals office, picked up our shotguns and when we were off school property, we loaded our guns and hunted out way home through the corn fields and wooded areas. GUN SAFETY WAS WHAT IT WAS ALL ABOUT. The only requirement??? Don't load your guns until you were off school property.

harryd1942 March 05 2014 at 11:51 AM

I played Cowboys and Indians with toy guns and sometimes just with sticks and pretend they were guns or speers. WELL.. that didn't make me a bad person. I believe most of the Video killing games seem to show kids that there is no harm, and that it's all fake and no one gets hurt. And a lot of it is Parenting. With mostly both parents have to work, a child has no proper upbringing, and todays kids generally want, want and want. Society is the problem, NOT the kids.

BENDOVERKING March 05 2014 at 11:53 AM

What kind of finger was it? A Glock or a Ruger.....And was it loaded? Since his finger was a deadly weapon then they should have been able to answer those questions......Amazing how Libtarded idiots have taken over the world.....it's getting time to fight back.

The Riley's March 05 2014 at 11:55 AM

Our schools are a complete failure. Kids are pushed through that can't read, write, or do simple math, but we are teaching them that pointing a finger is evil. What a bunch of crap! You want to know what is wrong with our schools, just take a look at Nathan's principal and his peers. We have let the political correct and social engineering morons turn our schools into little brain washing institutions. They certainty are not putting anything into the students head related to surviving in a competitive world, but they will learn not to point a finger, how to use a contraceptive, and how evil and greedy the corporations that made this country the envy of the world are. This insanity has got to stop. We need to let our kids be kids and playing cop's and robbers, or cowboys and Indians is a part of being a kid. It will not make them crazed killers. Every kid of my generation did these things and I know none that turned out to be serial killers. Who was it that said stupid is as stupid does. We as parents are stupid for sitting back and allowing this insanity.

Spooky J March 05 2014 at 11:56 AM

Zero tolerance, a finger can be a dangerous thing on the wrong hand. Our educational system sucks. No common sense! Poor kid.

moody2night March 05 2014 at 11:57 AM

Good bye dumb ass principal no one called on u when your finger was in your nose! jackass In 12 th grade I had been kicked out off school. two years later my buddys now wife got him busted for 5 bottles of alcohol in office but I went back and graduated with wrong class