A 'surprise' baby for Indiana woman

A 'Surprise' Baby for Indiana Woman

An Indiana woman who was suffering from severe stomach pain headed to the hospital. Instead of needing gallbladder surgery, she came home with a healthy baby boy.
Josh Cox, the father of the 'surprise' baby said that they thought Mandy Batchelor 'had gallstones ... and then a few minutes later, her water bust everywhere.'

Mandy Batchelor is no stranger to pregnancies: she already has two children. She said her body showed no signs of pregnancy, other than lower back pain which she attributed to being on her feet all day as a factory worked. 'I was shocked. Very shocked.' She said she had weight gain, but it was her normal 'wintertime weight gain.'

After giving birth to a healthy full-term baby boy, they quickly had to come up with a name 'General Lee is my mom's grandpa and then Jacob was my dad's grandpa,' Josh explained. 'So both my great-grandpas, I just put them together, plus I have a General Lee car, so it just all worked out.'

Since the couple wasn't expecting another child, they gave away all their baby furniture in December. Friends pitched in to get everything the couple would need.

vallontina March 04 2014 at 8:24 PM

Geezz, I can't believe all the negative comments here. The woman gave birth to a beautiful healthy little boy! God bless and congratulations to the family. I had a surprise pregnancy myself, didn't know I was pregnant because I was bleeding and spotting non-stop after what I thought was a period. Finally my doctor took a pregnancy test, turns out I was pregnant. A sonogram revealed I had been pregnant with twins and one had miscarried. Unfortunately the other one died in utero a few months later. This woman could have had what she thought was her period or possibly she never had regular periods so pregnancy was not on her mind.

MANUELITO vallontina March 04 2014 at 9:17 PM

so you lost both your babies? so sorry to hear that.

MANUELITO March 04 2014 at 9:13 PM

A surprise baby!!! they must be so happy, and I am sure they regret givin the furniture away!!! lol, lol, but good thing friends and family pitched in. And someone hopefully will throw them a "welcome baby shower"; I have seen it done so many times!!! And it would help them a lot. I really hope some one does that for them.

MANUELITO MANUELITO March 04 2014 at 9:14 PM

ooops, meant to type giving, not "givin"

bpwws MANUELITO March 04 2014 at 9:36 PM

I LOVE your positive outlook on life.

Pamella March 05 2014 at 3:27 AM

there is a difference in how your stoumach feels with a baby in it ,

Denise March 05 2014 at 8:33 AM

So what is the baby's name? lol

dragondancer1814 Denise March 05 2014 at 9:06 AM

I'm guessing Jacob Lee.

Bob March 05 2014 at 4:51 AM

I'll bet she's thrilled.

jmoore1248 March 05 2014 at 2:43 AM

crazy

Barbiebnymph March 05 2014 at 8:22 AM

How wonderful.

Jo March 05 2014 at 12:17 AM

It is amazing how many women never know they are pregnant, and size doesn't always have anything to do with it. I was a nurse in the delivery room of a very small hospital for many years, and we averaged one unknown pregnancy every year. I imagine the larger hospitals have more than that.
There are quite a few reasons women do not know they are pregnant. Some small women don't know it, because even small women do not always look pregnant, even when they know they are.
Some women have been told they can never get pregnant. Others have no symptoms of pregnancy other than a small weight gain. Some are in denial. But it happens a lot more often than you can imagine.

Lynn March 04 2014 at 6:00 PM

what a wonderful and blessed surprise baby for them.

Jewelry Queen March 05 2014 at 9:35 AM

WHAT A WONDERFUL THANKFUL STORY... ITS NICE TO HAVE SOMTHING NICE FOR A CHANGE INSTEAD OF ALL THAT CRAP OUT THERE