Woman desperately searching for dog gets threats

Woman Desperately Searching for Dog Gets Threats

Residents in one Washington, D.C., neighborhood say a woman has gone too far in her nearly four-month search for her lost dog, Havoc. HLN has more.

'A woman who spent $15,000 trying to find her lost dog is getting threatening calls from people saying enough is enough. The dogs owner says she is not giving up. She started a Facebook page and hired a dog-tracking company as well.'

That owner's name is Janet Mihalyfi, WJLA reports many of her posters showing Havoc have been popping up everywhere. Though neighbors want her to find her dog, they are getting sick of seeing the signs everywhere.

On top of all those signs, several posts about Havoc have been published online. This story from Patch was posted back in December - about a month after he first disappeared.

Mihalyfi even started a website dedicated to finding Havoc. On BringHavocHome.com, an infographic pinpoints the latest sightings of Mihalyfi's missing dog. According to the website, the most recent sighting was almost two months ago.

Mihalyfi told WJLA the signs have been the most helpful in getting her information about Havoc's whereabouts. She even grills outside in hopes the scent will bring Havoc back, HLN reports.

Mihalyfi says she doesn't have any plans to stop looking for her dog.

Ben Yaakovson March 04 2014 at 12:45 PM

If the neighborshate her they really would not like me! I'd keep searching till the day I died. Glad to see that she is using the internet. She should be using Facebook too!

desfossesj Ben Yaakovson March 04 2014 at 12:54 PM

Agree with you Ben ..

sachfoxo March 04 2014 at 12:36 PM

Hope they find Havoc fast . Perfect example of " Man's or Woman's Best Friend." this dog can be 50 miles or further if some one took the dog. 1. If you ever want to find your dog , Have a CHIP put in it , The police will be able to track the Dog. 2. Always have a collar to keep their rabies tags and a tag you bought at pet supermarket with the dogs name and your Phone Number so the finder will call you .

dkodmdms sachfoxo March 04 2014 at 12:46 PM

"The police will be able to track the Dog. "

Well not realy, its not GPS......IF they have a portable scanner.....BIG IF for every cop, then they can identify the dog and owner.

keycshells March 04 2014 at 12:33 PM

I hope you find your special love................I can't imagine your desperation.............I am praying you two reunite very soon!

catsrmylv March 04 2014 at 12:31 PM

Keep looking for your special friend ! Obviously your neighbors have never experienced the love of a dog...they don't know what they are missing!

anothergent007 March 04 2014 at 12:30 PM

sound like california people are tired of seeing sighns lmao how stupid can they be

Tammy March 04 2014 at 12:29 PM

I think other people need to get over it. our pets our like family. you would not stop looking for your family, and if this was there pet they would do the same thing. and if not maybe they don't need a pet, pets don't give up on us.

Missy D Wesley March 04 2014 at 12:26 PM

Seriously...how lame are these neighbors! Your sick of seeing the signs?!?! This woman is trying to find her dog!! If she's anything like me...and from the sound of it she is.....I would never ever stop looking until I found or knew what happened to my best friend. Have a little respect. Janet I wish you all the best and I hope you find Havoc soon.

mdell31662 March 04 2014 at 12:24 PM

dont give up /do they know where he is?why the threats why be upset about posters what if it was a missing child poster.keep going youll find him

jejt0316 March 04 2014 at 12:21 PM

HOW DARE HER NEIGHBBORS!!!! OBVIOUSLY, THEY DON'T KNOW THE LOVE OF A CANINE!!! I PRAY THAT YOU FIND YOUR DOG. KEEP LOOKING AND DON'T GIVE UP.

Mar71600 March 04 2014 at 12:36 PM

hi Janet, my prayers are with you and your pooch, ignore ,comments from all these ignorant people they obviously dont understand the love you feel for your pooch. keep looking for him . im sure he is also looking for you but doesnt remember how to get back home. CHECK all the animal Shelters ........post signs n pictures in schools and stores some one is bound to recognize him and hopefully bring him home ,.....GOOD LUCK>>>keep all of us animal lovers posted when he comes home ...im thinking positive....you should too........