Woman desperately searching for dog gets threats

Woman Desperately Searching for Dog Gets Threats

Residents in one Washington, D.C., neighborhood say a woman has gone too far in her nearly four-month search for her lost dog, Havoc. HLN has more.

'A woman who spent $15,000 trying to find her lost dog is getting threatening calls from people saying enough is enough. The dogs owner says she is not giving up. She started a Facebook page and hired a dog-tracking company as well.'

That owner's name is Janet Mihalyfi, WJLA reports many of her posters showing Havoc have been popping up everywhere. Though neighbors want her to find her dog, they are getting sick of seeing the signs everywhere.

On top of all those signs, several posts about Havoc have been published online. This story from Patch was posted back in December - about a month after he first disappeared.

Mihalyfi even started a website dedicated to finding Havoc. On BringHavocHome.com, an infographic pinpoints the latest sightings of Mihalyfi's missing dog. According to the website, the most recent sighting was almost two months ago.

Mihalyfi told WJLA the signs have been the most helpful in getting her information about Havoc's whereabouts. She even grills outside in hopes the scent will bring Havoc back, HLN reports.

Mihalyfi says she doesn't have any plans to stop looking for her dog.

jwandassoc March 04 2014 at 5:10 AM

Go Janet....a dog is a family member..never give up..heck with those other cold hearted people.

Margo March 04 2014 at 6:09 AM

If this was a child would the neighbors feel the same way regarding the posters? I don't think so. My dogs are my "children" and I would do whatever it took to get one of them back. Help her, don't threaten her.

Lynn Margo March 04 2014 at 6:12 AM

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!

gainescar March 04 2014 at 6:00 AM

My pets are my kids , good luck finding havoc. Pet locators are fine,hire a gang member.

mamyoung March 04 2014 at 6:09 AM

Where I live there were signs up for a lost dog for years. They were everywhere and I felt so sorry for the owner. Without me realizing it, they must have been taken down or the dog was found. A good amount of time went by. Then the other day I saw one of the same exact signs up once again on a route I travel daily. So sad. How can you not feel badly for that owner?

barngirrl March 04 2014 at 5:51 AM

Good for her, I'd never give up.

colff March 04 2014 at 6:09 AM

I don't think those neighbors would stop looking for their loved ones,and her dog is like her family.

Bluedane March 04 2014 at 6:12 AM

Don't give up honey, pay no attention to them!

Tommy March 04 2014 at 5:43 AM

Some people spend their whole life and all their
resources looking for a lost child. This is no different.

To Janet, her dog is her child. People should mind
their own business and let her live her life the way
she wants to. If it were my dog, I'd be doing the
same thing, perhaps even more aggressively.

To Janet: I hope your recover your dog and find comfort.

k9friend22 Tommy March 04 2014 at 5:48 AM

Your thinking is right on. Good comment !

xraybrain March 04 2014 at 5:33 AM

If it was my dog I would spend my life looking for him. I would never give up.
Folks....please get your dog and cat micro chipped

wd4mvx xraybrain March 04 2014 at 10:36 AM

We got two puppies last spring and one of the first things we did was get them micro chipped. Gives a little piece of mind. And folks, it costs nothing to have a found pet checked by a vet for a chip. I asked specificially because of the stories I had heard.

k9friend22 March 04 2014 at 6:12 AM

Dear Janet,
Why your efforts to find your dog are bothersome to others is just mind boggling. Obviously, these people have never experienced the degrees of love and bonding we can have with our dogs. I have 5 dogs myself and treat them all as if they were my children...which in my eyes they really are. I hope that I would have your energy should the same thing happen to one of mine. Please do not be discouraged by the shallow minded. Good luck, and I will keep my eye out for "Havoc" since I live not too far away.