Woman desperately searching for dog gets threats

Woman Desperately Searching for Dog Gets Threats

Residents in one Washington, D.C., neighborhood say a woman has gone too far in her nearly four-month search for her lost dog, Havoc. HLN has more.

'A woman who spent $15,000 trying to find her lost dog is getting threatening calls from people saying enough is enough. The dogs owner says she is not giving up. She started a Facebook page and hired a dog-tracking company as well.'

That owner's name is Janet Mihalyfi, WJLA reports many of her posters showing Havoc have been popping up everywhere. Though neighbors want her to find her dog, they are getting sick of seeing the signs everywhere.

On top of all those signs, several posts about Havoc have been published online. This story from Patch was posted back in December - about a month after he first disappeared.

Mihalyfi even started a website dedicated to finding Havoc. On BringHavocHome.com, an infographic pinpoints the latest sightings of Mihalyfi's missing dog. According to the website, the most recent sighting was almost two months ago.

Mihalyfi told WJLA the signs have been the most helpful in getting her information about Havoc's whereabouts. She even grills outside in hopes the scent will bring Havoc back, HLN reports.

Mihalyfi says she doesn't have any plans to stop looking for her dog.

nvnvnj March 06 2014 at 5:47 PM

What in the world is wrong with people. Janet is to be applauded for doing all she can to find her four legged family member and the community should be trying to help not complain . She has signs up for heavens sake, not nuclear waste. If it were a missing two legged family member I would bet not only would there be no complaints but that the community would be offering all the help they could. Shame on anyone who is complaining about signs and worse sending threats.

wram281 March 05 2014 at 9:46 PM

I would do the same thing. Someone is hiding the dog. I will not give up.. Until I find the dog!!!
People that don't have dogs dont understand..!!! How sad

bevwom March 05 2014 at 7:30 PM

I would do the exact same thing. Who cares what those people think?

clksl500 March 05 2014 at 6:36 PM

Never give up ... my prayers are with you ...

ndb2536 March 05 2014 at 4:55 PM

I pray she finds her dog. I'm heartbroken that her neighbors wont support her in her search. Please don't give up.

toadean March 05 2014 at 7:02 PM

Keep looking; ignore the haters. Havoc is a family member. If they dont get that, more the pity.

Prissy March 05 2014 at 6:09 PM

I know what she is going through because my little Chihuahua disappeared in October. I've had no luck finding her. I'll pray for the safe return of her dog.

nvnvnj Prissy March 06 2014 at 5:52 PM

My heart goes out to you Prissy. My little senior rescued Chihuahua disappeared on Dec 1 and I too have had no luck, not even one sighting, and done all I could think of - including trackers. It is so heartbreaking - people should be sending her threats.

treeeeeesa March 05 2014 at 4:38 PM

Seriously, would you EVER stop looking for a lost family member??? I wouldn't.

mmbwildwmn March 05 2014 at 4:17 PM

Good for her if she loves that dog/family member that much. Never give up. You never know, it could be one of the same neighbors complaining that has the dog. This reminds all of us to microchip our pets.

lalusmd March 05 2014 at 2:06 PM

She should never give up. Her neighbors are heartless.......can't they find something else to complain about? I hope she finds her dear dog.

World Series