Surprise makeover for mom of two

Stylish Surprise Makeover for a Busy Mom of Two

Style pro Kyan Douglas surprised a 'Rachael Ray' audience member and offered to give her a makeover right in the TV studio.

She agreed to cut her long locks and was excited to update her "mom" look to something more stylish. "I would love it, it would be so fun," Joanna Candy said. With two children under the age of two, she doesn't have a lot of time to primp, and admits she's generally always stuck with pretty basic haircuts. Now, she's giving Kyan free reign to transform her entire look.

Before ...

After!

When showing Rachael the new 'do, Joanna was thrilled. The bob haircut Kyan suggested is a great option for anyone looking for something that is easy to maintain.

"She can literally get out of the shower, air dry and go," Kyan explains. Plus, this shorter cut is a clever way for a busy mom like Joanna to look more rested. "

"You're not getting a lot of sleep? Don't wear your hair very long, because it really does pull your face down," Kyan advised.

Alan March 04 2014 at 1:07 PM

She's a cute,pretty good looking lady.The short hair looks okay,but I like the long hair better.She kinda turns me on too.

Karen E. Miller March 04 2014 at 7:40 PM

Maybe a different short style for ease would have been more complimenting to her.

Karen E. Miller March 04 2014 at 7:41 PM

unless she has naturally wavy hair, this will take time to do. Her face with the straight hair, into a sorta bob, would be better and easier to maintain.

olehippi March 04 2014 at 7:43 PM

She looked better with the long hair because she has a short (body) trunk and long legs and the long hair balanced it out. It also help hide her slouch.

phpoling March 04 2014 at 7:47 PM

Looks great with her long hair than new short hair. Sorry.

Rob phpoling March 04 2014 at 8:20 PM

Regardless what hype these biased hair stylists talk about, they ruined a very attractive look when they cut off that beautiful long hair, but what would we expect from them while justifying a tragic mistake to the public audience?

gmagee4 March 04 2014 at 8:11 PM

Good grief--I am glad she likes it---I think it aged her- a lot---and the clothes, awful!!!! As far as
shorter hair being easier to care for, no way-- I had five kids under 6 and always had long hair --a pony tail takes seconds, a braid a bit longer and I figured out to do two different chignons that took very little time and only used three long bobby pins----Of course the make-over person always wants to cut long hair,--- long hair is bad for business! Rachael, Rachael ---stick to cooking!

time and used three long bobby pins . Rachael, Rachael

diempostdiem March 04 2014 at 8:15 PM

I prefer the before.

rlmcanoe March 04 2014 at 8:26 PM

I like the before much better, you have more ways to style longer hair. don't care for the outfit they put her in either. but if she likes it, that is all that matters.

rednckgrl53 March 04 2014 at 8:26 PM

I like the long hair. It made her look innocent compared to the older look. Not saying second look is a bad style. In my opinion it wasn't for her. Her long hair was beautiful and I am sure she misses it. It will grow back. Bet she won't get that style again.

Lois Ann March 04 2014 at 8:46 PM

air dry and go?....I dont think so!

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal