4 women with new wombs are trying to get pregnant

Sweden Womb Transplant
LONDON (AP) - A Swedish doctor says four Swedish women who received transplanted wombs have had embryos transferred into them in an attempt to get pregnant.

Since 2012, nine women have received wombs donated by relatives in an experimental procedure designed to test whether it's possible to transfer a uterus into a woman so she can give birth to her own child. The women had in-vitro fertilization before the transplant, using their own eggs to make embryos.

"We have already begun transferring embryos into four of the women and plan to make attempts with the others when they are ready," said Dr. Mats Brannstrom, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Goteburg, who is leading the research.

He would not say Monday whether any of the women are pregnant. Of the nine who got transplanted wombs, two had to have them removed because of complications.

Brannstrom predicted that three or four of the seven women might successfully give birth.

"One or two more will perhaps get pregnant and miscarry and one or two won't be able to get pregnant," he said.

Brannstrom said any woman who does get pregnant will be on a low dose of drugs to keep from rejecting the transplanted womb and will be monitored as a high-risk pregnancy. He said some women had received their new wombs from their mothers and there was a higher rate of complications with older uteruses.

The transplants are intended to benefit women unable to have children because they lost a uterus to cancer or were born without one. About one girl in 4,500 is born with MRKH, where she doesn't have a womb.

Brannstrom said the transplanted wombs would be removed after a maximum of two pregnancies.

"Based on our previous work and animal studies, we are optimistic," he said. "But we cannot guarantee anything."

Kay March 03 2014 at 3:55 PM

My question is why do they have to do the in-vitro fertilization? Are they still unable to get pregnant the old fashion way?

mjtaylor101 March 03 2014 at 2:04 PM

Your new portfolio for stocks is terrible. I can not add to or edit anything. I have requested help many times and have gotten NONE. I'm about to leave aol. Can you help?

iolanda claudia March 03 2014 at 4:54 PM

if its not natural, anything implanted wont grow properly.nice try doctors though.Adopt its easier!!!!

Martins Ivy July 04 2014 at 8:57 PM

It’s unbelievable how fortunate I feel after finding your Email address Dr. Akpan of okundospelltemple. For the past 6 months, I have been so depressed after losing my Husband to another woman. My money situation worsened so much that I thought I’d have to file for bankruptcy. I contacted many of those so-called individuals who promised powerful magic, witchcraft or black magic. None of them worked and He is definitely different from the others and I requested Dr Akpan of okundospelltemple most powerful spells and I was relieved right away that I had someone to solve my problems for me. His spells worked wonders and I am now back with my Husband and my money troubles resolved itself after winning the lottery. Dr Akpan of okundospelltemple, I have no idea what I would have done without you being there to help me out. If you need help in your marriage you can reach him on his email: okundospelltemple@gmail.com or call +2348105715511
Ivy

Stephanie Bale March 04 2014 at 4:04 AM

I am out here to testify of your great work, my husband is back to me with the kids and leave the other woman at his working place, with your spell and he is in love with me now as you said, and he said there is no need for divorce and he apologized for all the pains he cost me and my kids thanks to Dr.Magbu, if you need his help his email address is [Reunitingexspell@gmail.com], your spell work fast and I am so happy to share your testimony..... Stepanine Bale

tweet March 03 2014 at 4:10 PM

At a certain point people have to realize that their bodies shouldn't be doing something. If women and men want children ADOPT !!! HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO do you KNOW how many children need a parent or two?? THOUSANDS OF CHILDREN SPEND THEIR ENTIRE CHILDHOOD IN FOSTER HOMES PRAYING FOR SOMEONE TO ADOPT THEM !!! IF YOUR BODY AIN'T WORKING--- TAKE A HINT !!!!!! Getting a uterus ??? Seriously ???? And they make it sound so wonderful "they have recieved a womb" like calling it that instead of a uterus makes it sound more child friendly. UGH !!!

lins0420 tweet March 08 2014 at 12:08 PM

Imagine going your whole life knowing that you were born without a uterus and will never be able to have your own kids. Imagine the kinds of thoughts going through your head every single day. Imagine feeling incomplete. A person with no legs longs to walk even through it's not necessary. It's like that except it's on the inside where no one can see it. Every person has a desire to have kids of their own. It is human nature. What makes it even harder is knowing there are children out there that people are neglecting, abusing, or putting up for adoption. All people who can't physically have children WANT MORE THAN ANYTING to adopt every child on this planet that can not be cared for, but that does not take away their longing to walk. These patients in this article are putting their lives on the line for medical breakthroughs. We should respect that.

Angela Love Tuesday at 10:18 PM

My name is Angela and am from USA, I want to use this opportunity to thank my great Doctor who really made my life a pleasurable one today. This great man Dr Osorba brought my husband back to me, i had two lovely kids for my husband, about four years ago i and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me for one lady. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. I tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, until one day i met a good friend of mine that was also in a situation like me but her problem was her ex-boyfriend who she had an unwanted pregnancy for and he refused to take responsibility and dumped her. she told me that mine was a small case and that i should not worry about it at all, so i asked her what was the solution to my problems and she gave me this great man’s email address. I was doubting if this man was the solution, so i contacted this great man and he told me what to do and i deed them all, he told me to wait for just 48 hours and that my husband will come crawling on his kneels just for forgiveness so i faithfully did what this great man asked me to do and for sure after 48 hours i heard a knock on the door, in a great surprise i saw him on his kneels and i was speechless, when he saw me, all he did was crying and asking me for forgiveness, from that day, all the pains and sorrows in my heart flew away, since then i and my husband and our lovely kids are happy, that’s why i want to say a big thank you to Dr Osorba Spiritual Temple. This great man made me to understand that there is no problem on earth that has no solution so please if you know that you have this same problem or any problem that is similar, i will advise you to come straight to this great man. You can email him at: osorbaspiritualspelltemple@gmail.com you can also visit his blog on http://osorba.blog.co.uk and websites http://osorbaspiritualspelltemple.webs.com/

YES fan For Life March 03 2014 at 2:34 PM

While I am developing here in the dark, as my cells duplicate and triplicate, would it be too much to ask for a womb with a view ...?!?

ppllaanntt March 03 2014 at 10:51 AM

Some people should reproduce,,,and some people shouldnt.If you were born with bad reproductive organs its a good sign you shouldnt reproduce.Its called nature folks.Sad to report this.

claired2482 March 03 2014 at 1:15 PM

if a person is made not to have babies naturally is for a reason . these idiots need to stop messing around with the universe .

kaustin claired2482 March 03 2014 at 4:14 PM

oh go ahead and say what you really mean - you meant God...not "universe," right?