Hair looks inspired by the Oscars' Best Actress nominees + a giveaway!
"This girl-next-door is all grown up and dressed to kill. Sandra Bullock rocks her effortless style with a smoking hot edge. This look begins a light spray of NEVO Invisible Control for heat-protection, hold, and fullness and NEVO Model Behavior through the mid-shaft and ends for natural movement and shine. Blow dry and smooth out the hair with a large paddle brush. With 1 inch flat iron, take vertical sections of varying sizes and ribbon the iron through the hair, slowing down through the mid shaft. Allow the pieces of hair to cool. Brush through the hair with fingertips lightly coated with drops of NEVO Hydra Pearls," shares Pravana stylist Jamie Muniz.
"Amy Adams is a bombshell in this voluminous, classic roller set. This look begins with NEVO Full Volume and a light spray of Invisible Control for heat-protection, hold, and fullness. Blow dry with a large round brush. Using a set of medium hot rollers, set the hair in a horizontal pattern on top and through the back of the head, and set the sides of the hair in a slightly diagonal pattern. Allow to cool completely. Take the rollers out and spray lightly. Brush through the set and reform the ends of the curled strands with your hands lightly coated with drops of NEVO Hydra Pearls," says Pravana stylist Jamie Muniz.
"Cate Blanchett is a class act. With a flair for sophisticated glamour, Cate reveals her willowy frame with a modern twist on a classic chignon. Prep wet hair with NEVO Full Volume for lift and NEVO Invisible Control for heat protection and workable hold. Blow dry, smoothing the hair with a large paddle brush. With a large 1 ½ inch barrel iron, curl the hair in large vertical sections away from the face, adding texture to the hair. Set with a very fine and even mist of hairpsray and allow to cool completely. Comb in NEVO Hydra Pearls with fingertips, separating pieces as you go and pushing the hair loosely back towards the nape. Create a low loose French braid starting at the curve of the head. Fasten the end with an elastic band, then pull the braid apart, lightly. Roll and twist the end of the braid and pin beneath," shares Pravana stylist Jamie Muniz.
- Pravana stylist Jamie Muniz has these words of advice to get Dame Judi Dench's short look: "Dame Judy Dench is a radiant beauty. Her short cut is exemplarily chic and wears well on the red carpet. Prep damp hair with NEVO Full Volume and NEVO Model Behavior. Rough dry the hair 90%, blowing the hair in the top section away from the sides and back towards the crown. Blow drying against the hair’s natural growth pattern adds volume. Using a small round brush, smooth and wrap the ends of the hair around the brush to create bend. Finish the look by piecing the ends out with pomade and a light mist of hairspray."
"Meryl Streep is always pulled together; modern and sophisticated with a soft subtlety. On damp hair, work NEVO Full Volume into the roots on the top of the head for lift. Mist all over with NEVO Invisible Control for hold and texture and work a small amount of NEVO Model Behavior through the ends. Blow dry smooth using a large paddle brush and brushing hair away from the face, adding lift to the front hairline. Back comb lightly through the crown. A great trick to achieving the right balance with your face shape and volume is to line up the height of your back combing with your chin and cheek bone. Pull hair from above the ears into the nape and fasten with a fabulous barrette," shares Pravana stylist Jamie Muniz.
We turned to Pravana hair stylist Jamie Muniz to give us the scoop on how to style our hair just like our favorite leading ladies nominated in the Academy Awards' Best Actress category. From Sandra Bullock to Dame Judi Dench, click through the gallery above to find out how you can get your very own A-list 'do with tips and tricks from Jamie Muniz!
And as a special way to celebrate Hollywood's biggest night, we're giving away Pravana's set of Nevo hair products--a $169.00 value--to one lucky reader! From Pravana Nevo Hydra Pearls to the brand's luscious Moisture Rich Conditioner, the super-natural line of haircare will help take your hair to the next level.
It's easy to enter! All you have to do is follow @StyleList on Twitter and retweet 1 of 7 promotion tweets for a chance to win!
• Open to legal residents of 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
• To enter, retweet (true retweet, quoted retweets will not be counted) 1 of our 7 tweets stating "Retweet for a chance to win a 9-piece #Pravana haircare product set! Rules: [LINK] #StyleListSelects".
• Contest begins on March 2nd, 2014 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time and ends on March 3rd, 2014 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time.
• You may enter up to 7 times.
• 1 winner will be selected in a random drawing at the end of the contest.
• 1 winner will win one Pravana Nevo Hydra Pearls (45 soft gels), Prvana Nevo Moisture Rich Conditioner (10.1 oz), one Pravana Nevo Reparative Shampoo (10.1 oz), one Pravana Nevo Color Lock Leave-In Protectant (10.1 oz), one Pravana Nevo :60 Deep Treatment (9.87 oz), one Pravana Nevo Intense Therapy Leave-In, one Pravana Nevo Model Behavior, one Pravana Nevo Invisible Control, one Pravana Nevo Full Volume, with a total approximate retail value of $169.00.
• Click here for complete Official Rules