Liam Neeson is 'a little bit pissed off' at NYC Mayor

NEW YORK (AP) -- Actor Liam Neeson says he's "a little bit pissed off" at Mayor Bill de Blasio for wanting to shut down the horse-drawn carriage industry in New York City.

Neeson made the comment during a Wednesday appearance on "The Daily Show." The actor complained to host John Stewart that critics have put out false information about how the horses are treated. He says the carriage drivers treat the horses like their own children.

De Blasio has declared his intention to shut down the industry, saying it's inhumane to keep horses in modern-day Manhattan. The democrat wants to replace them with electric cars.

Carriage drivers say shutting down the stables would have the unintended effect of eliminating a rare outlet for surplus horses, which means they'll be sent to the slaughterhouse faster.

mrwarmth51 February 28 2014 at 10:03 PM

Great...now the horses will be on welfare

You've got IT! mrwarmth51 February 28 2014 at 10:22 PM

No, they will be killed.

imv February 28 2014 at 2:52 PM

I TOTALLY OBJECT TO REMOVING NYC HORSE DRAWN CARRIAGES!!! I can attest to what Nesson is saying. The carriage drivers DO NOT mistreat these horses. Its their way of life, so they take care of them!

ELECTRIC CARS??!!!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING. I'm so sick of these Democrat politicans thinking they are doing good, when they are not. Manhattan NEEDS to keep its charm, and the horse draw carriages is one of those which people travel to NYC and want to get their picture sketched by the artists in Central Park and ride in the horse drawn carriages. Why would anyone want to eliminate this piece of nostalgia?

Furthermore, NYC mayor doesn't care about what would become of these horses?? He only cares about his belief that the "modern' Manhattan would be better with electric cars?? Rubbish.

petpetdon imv February 28 2014 at 2:55 PM

If Mayor Bill de Blasio figures out a way to get more taxes from the horse drawn carriages he will let them stay, Typical DEMOCRAP.

ibelong February 28 2014 at 11:40 PM

The horses are a century old tradition and should remain. They are treated as well as the NYPD mounted police horses. The only change necessary is to confine the rides to inside Central Park and don't allow them in midtown traffic. It scares the horses and ties up traffic.

djparker ibelong March 01 2014 at 12:17 AM

Don't give the Gov across the river any new ideas on traffic jams!

mhoward703 February 28 2014 at 4:01 PM

I really enjoyed the carriage ride the last time I was in NYC and the horses seemed well treated. I think De Blasio is just another example of a mindless liberal wanting to control everything and everyone.

GARY February 28 2014 at 4:01 PM

He's been in office for a couple of months and has made so many lame, irrational, , misguided and foolish errors that I am afraid of what this "Mayor" will do next. I think he is arrogant, smug and needs a wake up call.......Is this the best the great city of NY can come up with?.....What did we expect from a guy who eats pizza with fork and knife. ......an Italian guy no less. .....And please don't write to me that that's how they do it in Italy.....I've been there and they don't do it there or in NYC. He's a one termer. Have fun, DiLamo.....you're toast.

bduckw9936 February 28 2014 at 11:44 PM

Keep the horse and carriage. Just don't feed them beef-a-roni.

joans170 February 28 2014 at 11:44 PM

That is what New York gets for voting in the lunatic.

dmp0315 joans170 March 01 2014 at 12:40 AM

I live in a liberal state and this is what you get - a bunch of nonsense. High taxes and regulations. I wouldn't vote democrat, ever!

Judy February 28 2014 at 2:45 PM

i don't live in nyc but my city has a population of a littlle over 250,000.00. we have horse drawn carriages as well. their stable is right downtown, and horses are treated well. one of my most wonderful memories is a Christmas carriage ride with my husband and children. we didn't know it at the time, but it would be my husband's last christmas. don't think the memory would be the same of an electric golf cart. i like what i hear about deblasio but he needs to re-think this.

PRAISE GOD! February 28 2014 at 2:44 PM

THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF THE OF TODAY!!!!! BE CAREFULL!!!

jakgarnett PRAISE GOD! February 28 2014 at 2:55 PM

What are you talking about...in caps yet???

imv February 28 2014 at 3:59 PM

I'm sure there is an ulterior motive to DeBlasio for wanting to rid the city of horses, carriages an stables. Liberals never tell it like it is. Their agendas are always hidden.