Meteorologist got a creepy spider surprise during forecast

WATCH: KBAK Meteorologist Freaks Out Over Spider

A meteorologist for KBAK freaked out on the air because he felt a spider on his head. Aaron Perlman, who has been with the station for almost 10 years, says he hates spiders and -- because he's bald -- he can feel them crawling right on his head. Yikes!

"I think that was a black widow--I saw that one," a co-anchor said. "That just, uh, scares me!," Perlman replied with a shudder.

Viewers visited the station's Facebook page to say they share his arachnophobia, and one woman said she'd been hoping Perlman would let out a "girly" scream on-air.

We're happy Perlman was brave enough to keep on reporting, but maybe KBAK should start sweeping the set for those pesky creatures ... just in case.

mysweetbabygirl2 February 27 2014 at 12:50 PM

I wouldn't care where I was. I would let out a yell and knock it off my head. The studio needs to do some dusting. Brave guy.

BARB February 27 2014 at 4:13 PM

He's got more moxie than I do...I'd have run like a sissy! Good going Mr Weatherman!

HI BEAUTIFUL BARB February 28 2014 at 7:50 AM

Others on the news have done that and more than once.

dal February 27 2014 at 6:45 PM

I encourage spiders in my vegetable gardens and don't generally go out of my way to harm them, but here in Georgia we get black widows that are as big as my thumb and we also have the Brown Recluce a very nasty spider. At least two of my co-workers have been bitten by them doing maintance work around our production plant. Their poison eats away your flesh what starts off feeling like a slight bee stink turns into a large bruise and everything that you see turning color rots away leaving a crater where you got bit, god save you if they bite you on your face.

Mary dal February 27 2014 at 11:14 PM

er.....thanks for the info...(I didn't need to know that.....)

HI BEAUTIFUL dal February 28 2014 at 7:46 AM

Over stated and not factual. Brown recluse have venom but rarely bite people. Some have been known to live in homes and no one was ever bit. If they hide in your clothes and you put them on you can get bit. Again, very very rare this spider bites people. If you are unlucky and got bit, it can be painful but not fatal unless you are very young or very old, and that is in rare instances. All spiders do way more good than harm. They eat the nasty bugs that can cause disease so next time you see a spider in your home and you are afraid of it, don.t kill it, put a common kitchen glass over it and a piece of paper or cardboard and set it free outside, where it can eat more bugs that are harmful to us.

Tony February 27 2014 at 3:58 PM

Spiders arent so bad, Now if it was a snake thats a different ball game

madisamgrace2014 Tony February 27 2014 at 6:31 PM

Snakes? We have lots of snakes where we live (Northern Ca) but I only kill the rattlesnakes, and skin them, but show me a mouse and I would run a mile. Can't even look at a picture of one. Not afraid of anything but mice...everybody is afraid of something I guess. I actually have to kill spiders for my husband!

campbell1221 February 27 2014 at 3:53 PM

It's not that long ago some British guy was freaked by a spider, and everyone made fun of him saying he was a wuss. Goes to prove Americans are also wusses.

skinnycat campbell1221 February 27 2014 at 6:02 PM

One person happens to make headlines and all of a sudden it becomes ALL Americans. ?
Let's take a vote. How many are not so freaked out by spiders. I'll start it off - I am not.
And I am a woman.

Paul FIQUET February 27 2014 at 5:12 PM

I saw Al Roker on the weather with Al yesterday when he sneezed heavily ( not his fault) but then wiped his sneezing mess on his sleeve and then wipe that sleeve with his other sleeve LOL gross..

skinnycat Paul FIQUET February 27 2014 at 5:59 PM

You're kidding, right?

HI BEAUTIFUL skinnycat February 28 2014 at 7:49 AM

Nope, he is not kidding. Did you see all that spray he spread???? Goobers everywhere !!!

Flag 0 rate up
rambotito1mero@gmail.com Paul FIQUET February 27 2014 at 7:33 PM

Ewwwwww!!!

Robert February 27 2014 at 1:16 PM

that spider is no longer a widow ..... now its kids are orphans

metalgddess February 28 2014 at 12:47 AM

The fear of spiders is founded in reality..Many of them are POISONOUS! I am a hardcore arachnaphobic.. I live in Paradise Valley,AZ and I don't walk my dogs after dark for fear that Black Widows are lurking at dog level in bushes and parked car tires. UGH!!! One time I looked up and a BIG BW was stringing down from a roof right over my head. I had a hose on and just blasted with a stream of water right into the lake.

HI BEAUTIFUL metalgddess February 28 2014 at 7:28 AM

Big Black Widow????? First of all they are not big spiders, they are smaller than the common spiders you see in the garden or in your house. How did you know it was a Black Widow, I am guessing you did not wait to see it.s markings since you washed it into the lake.

onlyway2goisup February 27 2014 at 6:05 PM

With the bad winter we've had here, I'm so glad to see these two teeny weeny things on my wall ! My cat was staring at one and it got my attention and all I could think of was that 'spring is so close' ....even though we're going to have a sizable snow storm predicted to come next week!

JepWolf March 02 2014 at 8:52 PM

yea BP mess up that i help fix up remember they ask for out side help well guess i'm that guy I did it to the sea life not them.