AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Meteorologist got a creepy spider surprise during forecast

WATCH: KBAK Meteorologist Freaks Out Over Spider

A meteorologist for KBAK freaked out on the air because he felt a spider on his head. Aaron Perlman, who has been with the station for almost 10 years, says he hates spiders and -- because he's bald -- he can feel them crawling right on his head. Yikes!

"I think that was a black widow--I saw that one," a co-anchor said. "That just, uh, scares me!," Perlman replied with a shudder.

Viewers visited the station's Facebook page to say they share his arachnophobia, and one woman said she'd been hoping Perlman would let out a "girly" scream on-air.

We're happy Perlman was brave enough to keep on reporting, but maybe KBAK should start sweeping the set for those pesky creatures ... just in case.

More From You

50 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
JepWolf March 02 2014 at 8:53 PM

oops did it for sea life not them.

JepWolf March 02 2014 at 8:52 PM

yea BP mess up that i help fix up remember they ask for out side help well guess i'm that guy I did it to the sea life not them.

HI BEAUTIFUL February 28 2014 at 7:03 AM

Spiders do way more good than harm, in your home they eat other bugs. If they scare you, put a glass over it and a piece of paper under and let it be free outside. The spider that was on the show was probably just a common house one and non poisoness. Next, PETA will be on his case.

HI BEAUTIFUL February 28 2014 at 6:51 AM

Hates spiders because he's bald........Really????? What a wuss, these guys could never survive in the day, sissy boy. Girls are braver than you. You are however funny, grow your hair while you can, before you really get bald.

Nancy February 28 2014 at 4:02 AM

Spiders frighten me so much, that I can't even kill the big ones by myself. I usually yell, "Monster on the wall", and my husband or son would come and kill it for me. In the event that I am alone, I have to have a broom to kill any spider bigger than a dime. I can't pick up a dead one either, I have to sweep it out of the house. Leaving a live spider on the wall, or behind some furniture, is not a possibility, because I know it's there, and I'm terrified it will run across my foot.

My husband laughs about my fear, but it's very real, and I can't help myself. I also have a phobia about roaches.

2 replies to Nancy's comment
HI BEAUTIFUL February 28 2014 at 7:09 AM

For sure your fear is very real to you. If you want to overcome it you can with some work. Things that may help you is to realize the good that they do and that your home will not contain the black widow or brown recluse. These two breeds are actually very small compared to normal household spiders. Spiders will bite only if they are in danger. You are far to big for food so they will not stalk you. Start getting over your fear by looking at spider webs outside and look at all the work that was done to build that web. If you break it, stick around and watch how fast they mend it too. Read about the good they do for the envirnoment and that may help you too.

Lonamari March 02 2014 at 12:07 PM

You forgot carpenter ants and centipedes, milipedes, etc..

metalgddess February 28 2014 at 12:47 AM

The fear of spiders is founded in reality..Many of them are POISONOUS! I am a hardcore arachnaphobic.. I live in Paradise Valley,AZ and I don't walk my dogs after dark for fear that Black Widows are lurking at dog level in bushes and parked car tires. UGH!!! One time I looked up and a BIG BW was stringing down from a roof right over my head. I had a hose on and just blasted with a stream of water right into the lake.

1 reply to metalgddess's comment
HI BEAUTIFUL February 28 2014 at 7:28 AM

Big Black Widow????? First of all they are not big spiders, they are smaller than the common spiders you see in the garden or in your house. How did you know it was a Black Widow, I am guessing you did not wait to see it.s markings since you washed it into the lake.

fred mosrie February 28 2014 at 12:34 AM

HE SOUNDS GAY TO ME.

Reply Flag as Abusive -5 rate up rate down
1 reply to fred mosrie's comment
KAY February 28 2014 at 4:33 AM

Seriously? So what if he was?

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
chuck February 28 2014 at 12:32 AM

if that spidewr was on my head i would have freaked out bad. ever sense viet nam spiders scare the hell out of me.

1 reply to chuck's comment
HI BEAUTIFUL February 28 2014 at 7:30 AM

Why??? What happened, now if you said snakes, that I could understand since the VC put them in the tunnels, but I don,t know why the spiders.

9RRs February 27 2014 at 11:06 PM

This is for All out there that doesn't want spiders in your home or any place where you sleep. Search for Hot Shot No pest strips. Also there Great for killing Mites if your a reptile person.

vanclaybor February 27 2014 at 10:59 PM

i once got bit by a garden spider. i screamed and swore so loudly, the nieghbors called the police

1 reply to vanclaybor's comment