nb_cid nb_clickOther -tt-nb this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage('http://www.aol.com/?mtmhp=acm50s247banner041514 network-banner-promo mtmhpBanner
AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

High schooler makes billboard prom proposal

High Schooler Makes Billboard Prom Proposal

An Indiana teen's prom proposal is turning heads at one of the busiest intersections in Evansville, Ind. Chase Brown rented a billboard to pose a question to his girlfriend if she would go to the prom with him.

'I knew from the beginning that she wanted something big,' Chae said. 'It was about the biggest thing I could think of besides renting a plane.'

Talk about a bold statement. Luckily the idea was big enough, since his girlfriend, Emily Arabia, said yes.

These Memorial High School sweethearts have been together for the past 6 months. From the sound of it, Brown's three months of planning for the prom proposal worked out in his favor. The two head to the dance in April.

More From You

208 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
jsnoobert March 02 2014 at 10:23 AM

VERY green...I hope they get a stretch limo too...may as well create as much carbon as he can.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
ericvonk February 28 2014 at 10:58 PM

BAD BAD BAD EDITNG; HOW ABOUT SHOWING THE ******* BILLBOARD? WHERE IS IT? AND WHY ALL THIS SOFT NEWS? HAVE YOU HEARD OF UKRAINE? MEXICO? HOW ABOUT....TEXAS AND WASHINGTON DC? ENOUGHT OF ALL THIS SOFT USELESS DRIVEL? HIRE SOME PROFESSIONAL NEWS PEOPLE AND FIRE THESE TEENAGERS YOU'RE USING.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
SRylPrsthd February 28 2014 at 10:37 PM

Cute

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
beachp69 February 28 2014 at 10:35 PM

hope she spends the nite with him ,,,at least!

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
jeffwiz14 February 28 2014 at 10:35 PM

at least its a kid this time, distracting drivers.
I hope someone points out just how dangerous, and therefore stupid his "display" was.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
aleighcat February 28 2014 at 10:19 PM

I don't mean to be a party-pooper, but what's with all of this over-the-top stuff nowadays? I either got asked directlly, through a friend, or via a note. Nobody rented limos -- at best, the parents were nice enough to lend the car for the evening. Now it's all about spray tans, party duds that cost hundreds of dollars, French manicures, etc........the more money spent, the better. Everyone is always vying for attention by trying to outdo everyone else.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
1 reply to aleighcat's comment
Joanne February 28 2014 at 10:52 PM

I recently saw a heart-warming story about high school students who decided to forego the prom duds, dinner, limo, and bling. The money they would have spent was donated to charity. What an amazingly generous thing to do!

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
david.konen February 28 2014 at 9:47 PM

Well, this is LOVELY! I can remember when I went to high school in Houston, TX - I had become acquainted with a girl just a year YOUNGER than I. When I was a senior, and was going to my prom, I had asked my girl friend if SHE wanted to be my date. She said YES, and we had a WONDERFUL time. Then, a year later, while I was in college, and SHE had her senior prom, I was told by my mother that she was opting to take me out. I said YES, only because she and I were good friends for some time, and we had REMAINED that way for some more years.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
1 reply to david.konen's comment
donahuepapad123 February 28 2014 at 10:07 PM

who said they where in love ???? i think he is just trying to improve his chances of getting something special prom night ? and she cant deside what to wear ? lol

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
feeling loved? February 28 2014 at 9:31 PM

no girl is billboard worthy

Reply Flag as Abusive -3 rate up rate down
2 replies to feeling loved?'s comment
david.konen February 28 2014 at 9:47 PM

Oh, no???

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
pm0501 February 28 2014 at 10:49 PM

Especially the ones who smoke three packs a day, sport ugly tattoos and facial piercings

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
mister February 28 2014 at 9:05 PM

where's the party tonight

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
1 reply to mister's comment
david.konen February 28 2014 at 9:48 PM

THAT's for THEM to KNOW, and for US to FIND OUT! (rofl)

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
bearsppa February 28 2014 at 8:54 PM

He is setting the bar too high for himself. She will be expecting more and more from him...

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down