Cindy Crawford opens up her home, talks marriage

Cindy Crawford Opens Up Her Home to ET

Cindy Crawford and her husband of 15 years, Rande Gerber, opened up their palatial Malibu estate to former ET host Mary Hart, filling her in on how they've stayed together all these years.

One of the couple's secrets is to simply put in the extra effort.

"The good [marriages] are work," Cindy, 48, said. "The people that give up too early -- it's like what they're not realizing is that if they just put in that extra work and they get to the other side of that then you have all this history together. We were just talking about how much we both cherish that."

Another tip: know when and where to argue.

"Never on camera," Rande, 51, quipped when asked if they ever have disagreements.

Cindy and Rande have two children together -- 14-year-old son Presley and 12-year-old daughter Kaya. Kaya has already started to follow in her mom's footsteps, booking a couple of modeling gigs, while Presley is more of a surfer dude.

"We sit here a lot and watch our son surf," Cindy told Mary while taking a walk along the beach, which is practically in their backyard.

Capt. D.H. Leigh March 01 2014 at 9:26 AM

PHTTTTT!

tilly2live4 March 01 2014 at 10:26 AM

The number ONE thing you need for a happy marriage is to LAUGH! Make each other laugh EVERY day....it's worked for us for 44 years( even without a Malibu mansion, lol)

peterStralia March 01 2014 at 10:50 PM

Alcohol-Ism is a neurosis the programme is a means of coping with the neurosis on a daily basis
eventually to cause the neurosis to subside.
and gain freedom...
neurotic people are unstable and sexually somewhat deviant.
that is a medically known fact.
neurotics have a difficult time how the neurosis was started is many fold the stories go to AA and listen they tellin how there neurosis was triggered.

usually a disfunctional family..

My odypeadus complex was started in childhood by a neurotic mother.
the father being also Psychotic..
What am I rock to and fro in cronic anxiety..
and smoke pot as a meanz of dealing with the situation..

I been trying to tell the medical world this for years

I got assaulted and abused at the Dubbo psych centre also
they tampered with my belongings and stiole my mobile phone.

The matter now becomes a civil matter.
i got no money to persue it..

like I got no money to persue Nix.
whom is caused of victimising me.
peterStralia

freeeeebee peterStralia March 02 2014 at 12:01 PM

sounds like you need a drink.

nookiebuns March 01 2014 at 11:12 AM

15yrs is an oddity in Hollywood, but, am glad they are still happy in their marriage. You can have all the perks in life but to have a person who is your friend and supporter in ideas and life is worth so much more. All marriages have their ups and downs, anyone who says different is lying. Your marriages are daily work, specially after your have children. I've been married 39 yrs and I can count on my guy 100% when I need him.

Iceman March 01 2014 at 12:57 PM

My love and I married 52 years following the same tenets.

dickn2000b Iceman March 01 2014 at 2:39 PM

Ahhh...BUT did the Iceman cometh?

page114 March 01 2014 at 1:54 PM

Ahh success in vocation and family. Can't get any better.

muscle3332007 March 01 2014 at 5:41 PM

So nice to see the beautiful Cindy Crawford and her good looking husband still looking great. It goes to show you if you don't get fat and lazy about your looks, you can maintain them even into your 50's. I miss Mary Hart and ET is so lame now.

hi beautiful muscle3332007 March 01 2014 at 8:47 PM

Yeah, and I don't watch the view anymore either. It's gotten lame. they shoulda left elizabeth and joy on.

cynpileggi March 01 2014 at 12:45 PM

Good for them!

kitcurry March 01 2014 at 9:12 PM

Sounds like they have the answer to a happy marriage. Mine is : Don't give up easily..Try to put yourself in their shoes...when i was young, I thought every time we had a quarrell it was the end,.. We were married 49 years.

*Antje D & OMax* March 01 2014 at 5:49 PM

We wrote the YEAR 1962 when we were married in Cincinnati, Ohio; Yes 50 years later still "Happily" TOGETHER in 2014!!---

serenity77777 *Antje D & OMax* March 01 2014 at 5:50 PM

Good for you and your husband!!