Behind the scenes of a red carpet look
When it comes to blogging, there can be a lot of picture-perfect moments that (might) look incredibly effortless and leave you wondering why your own life (or self) doesn't look like that all the time. Right? But really, when you think about it, you have to consider the fact that you're only seeing the end result: the posts full of pretty pictures. But as I'm sure you can imagine (but probably don't often consider), there is A LOT of work that goes on behind the scenes. - Brighton, Brighton the Day
- "We all typically try a little harder or care a little more about how we look when we know picture-taking is in the near future. And whether we're getting ready for a fun night out with friends or a much-anticipated special occasion/ball/party/etc, we all have our little go-to stash of products that give us that extra oomph and touch of glam." - Brighton, Brighton the Day
- "Whether it's date night with the hubby or prepping for a huge production like the Oscars, all of us like to put a bit of extra effort in looking dazzling for that glamorous event, so it's important to check off every detail." - Jen, From Head to Toe
- "With the Oscars coming up, I thought it would be fun to share my pampering rituals. Leading up to the big event I like to drink extra water, pack in as many fruits and vegetables as possible and try to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise per day." - Krystal, Krystal Schlegel
- "When I know a lot of photos will be taken, I love to brighten my smile. Nothing makes me feel better than a dazzling smile." - Krystal, Krystal Schlegel
- "The Oscars (aka my favorite award show of the year!) are this Sunday and I'm so excited!" - Grasie, Style Me Grasie
- "As an actor, I look forward to the actual ceremony and speeches, but as a style blogger, I'm obsessed with the red carpet coverage. So much goes into making our favorite starlets look their best." - Grasie, Style Me Grasie
- "Over the years, I have accumulated little beauty secrets here and there – basically tips and tricks from the amazing celebrity make-up artists, hairstylists, publicists, aestheticians, etc. that I have met." - Ashley, The Style Editrix
- "There are so many products to choose from on the market and a lot of them are great. Nothing looks better than a great smile, which is my number one secret!" - Ashley, The Style Editrix
- "Getting dressed up has always been something I get excited to do. I always loved proms, cotillions, balls, formals. You name it, if it included getting dolled up, I loved it. The entire process is so fun to me. It is one of my favorite parts of being a woman! Unfortunately, I don't roll out of bed looking 'red carpet
ready.'" - Mary, M.A.S. Fashion
- "Since this just isn't the case, I put extra care into my 'behind the scenes' routine. I really love making the process as fun as possible, so I will bring out all of my best beauty products and take the time to really focus on all of the details." - Mary, M.A.S. Fashion
- "We all have our secret beauty products that make the difference when getting really dolled up. Whether it be for an event, a date, or even just a dinner with friends, there are those times when you really want that 'wow' factor." - Jackie, Little J Style
As any blogger will tell you, it takes a lot to prep for a photo shoot -- not unlike getting ready for an awards show, or any major event in life. Of course, everyone has their essential tools and products, but something all our bloggers can agree on is the beautifying power of a dazzling smile achieved by Crest 3D White Luxe Whitestrips Professional Effects. Click through the gallery above to get a behind the scenes peak.
Share your #SmileStyle secrets on social media, and follow along with @StyleList and @3DWhite to see our contributors' red carpet evenings on Oscars night this Sunday, March 2nd!
This is a collaboration between Crest and the AOL Lifestyle Contributor Network. Compensation was provided by Crest via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Crest.