Casey Anthony speaks on baby sitter in deposition

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Casey Anthony maintains that a baby sitter her attorney acknowledged was fabricated at her 2011 murder trial is a real person.

Anthony, who has been in hiding since her trial, was questioned in a Jan. 23 deposition related to her ongoing bankruptcy proceedings. A transcript of the deposition was filed Tuesday in Orlando, Fla., federal court.

Anthony was acquitted in the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. After Caylee disappeared in 2008, Anthony told investigators a baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzalez had kidnapped the toddler. The Kissimmee, Fla., woman sued Anthony, claiming her reputation has been ruined.

According to the transcript, Anthony told Gonzalez's attorneys she met the baby sitter at Universal Studios in 2006 and the women were friends for a little over a year. She said she left Caylee in her care on one occasion in 2006.

The baby sitter did not actually kidnap Caylee, nor did the woman suing for defamation, Anthony said. She declined to answer the attorneys' questions about why she had lied to investigators.

Anthony waited a month before reporting Caylee missing. The trial ended in her acquittal on the murder charge, but she was convicted on charges of lying to law enforcement.

During the contentious deposition, Anthony declined to answer many questions and she refused to answer all questions about her daughter. Gonzalez's attorneys plan to ask a judge to compel her to respond. A hearing on that motion is scheduled next week.

"Now, is there any way in the world that you could suggest to me that I might find this person to see if she ever existed?" Gonzalez's attorney Keith Mitnik asked Anthony.

Anthony replied, "I don't know if you could or not, sir."

During her murder trial, Anthony's attorney Jose Baez told jurors the baby sitter story was fabricated. During the deposition, Anthony's attorney Cheney Mason said she was not responsible for Baez's statements in court.

onestrongitalian February 27 2014 at 9:04 AM

baby killer

Connie February 27 2014 at 7:10 AM

I believe there are really evil people in this world with no feelings, no soul. Casey Anthony is one of these people. Just pure evil !!!!!!!!!

Hey Robin February 27 2014 at 3:08 AM

She WILL get her judgement day !

pholb81038 February 27 2014 at 2:06 AM

I TRUELY BELIEVE SHE GOT AWAY WITH MURDER. SHE'LL PAY AND PAY DEARLY FOR WHAT SHE DID.

Liebchken pholb81038 February 27 2014 at 3:19 AM

I truly believe "she knows" she got away with murder and could care less..............................shame rolls off her back. I keep waiting for another video from her showing another new haircut. She's a sociopath, no empathy.

eb50tj February 27 2014 at 12:27 AM

This dingbat needs a bullet! Let's just put her away for a good long time. Permenantly...

lgvxl42 eb50tj February 27 2014 at 12:42 AM

In my humble opinion, a bullet would, most definitely , put her away for a good long time............Just saying..

cmatthews3528 eb50tj February 27 2014 at 7:17 AM

she is a hottie

wanda February 27 2014 at 1:25 AM

I didn't keep track of her trial even though I watched most of it but I was curious to know why if she said that her daughter drowned and that her father and her got rid of the body. Why did the trial continue as so and not a new one as to the confession that she and her dad did know her daughter died accidentally and she didnt report it and hid the body. Atleast she might of not been aquitted.

proteus12544 wanda February 27 2014 at 3:12 AM

Likely because no one believed the story. You dont make an accident look like a murder.

sondravvag February 27 2014 at 12:39 AM

This woman has gotten away with the murder of her child. If there is a hell, hope she spends eternity there. There is nothing redeeming about her and for the life of me I can't understand how a jury found her not guilty. If I were her parent I would stay as far away from her as possible.

cmatthews3528 sondravvag February 27 2014 at 7:17 AM

Id do her

Ellen February 27 2014 at 12:11 AM

The lies just keep coming! She will never tell the truth!

Robyn February 27 2014 at 12:43 AM

Zanny the nanny is the Zanex she fed her that killed her , that was the thing with some young mothers put some zanex in there bottle food etc so they will sleep through the night so they can leave them at home alone so they can go out to party hence zany the nanny . she will pay for it in the end

tomsnot2bz February 27 2014 at 12:08 AM

What about the dumb ass jurors, how could they find her not guilty.

kj4god tomsnot2bz February 27 2014 at 1:14 AM

I'm not saying I think she's innocent, because that's not necessarily true. But we have to remember that the news media has a way of trying people without a jury. It doesn't mean they're guilty--but they sure are miserable after the ordeal!