Top 9 at 9: Dolce & Gabbana fall 2014, an Oscars giveaway and more
1. Have you ever wondered what goes into an Oscar nominee's "swag bag"? Have you ever wanted to have one of them for yourself? AOL is giving away 4 select items from the bags -- as in, you can bring home the same goodies as Meryl Street and Leonardo DiCaprio. WIN. The contest is now closed.
2. Um, Katy Perry got booed at the Moschino show during Milan Fashion Week. By a bunch of photographers who were upset that she was late -- and while being an hour late is an unfortunate occurrence, there was really no need to boo her during the show (in this editor's humble opinion). But as you would expect, Katy took the boo-ing in stride! Watch the video here. (StyleCaster)
3. We're so excited to kick off our 10 days of LIVE shopping with Joyus, our exclusive series "The Best of Spring Style" where experts across everything fashion and beauty will get you on-trend in no time!
4. Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2014 was like taking a walk through an enchanted forest. According to Fashionista, it was "easy to forget you were looking at ready-to-wear," with the heavily embellished pieces sometimes being more avant garde than wearable, but still stunning. (Fashionista)
5. Gwen Stefani, just making us all feel lazy on a daily basis, has now collaborated with Hanky Panky on a lingerie line for L.A.M.B.! (SHEfinds)
6. Getting ready for the Oscars this sunday? We know we are!! And as you're prepping for the big show, why not ponder the incredible fashion we will see on the red carpet? Check out our Academy Awards Style Ballot -- download one for yourself and your friends to really make your viewing party pop!
7. Alexa Chung is one of our favorite style stars (duh) so we're obsessing over this Valentino dress she wore as a judge for the 2014 International Woolmark Prize.
8. Does the departure of Cathy Horyn, famed fashion critic from the New York Times, mean the end of honest critique in fashion? Many national papers have chosen to rely on AP fashion coverage instead of hiring their own writers, and many worry it might mean the end of an era. (Business of Fashion)
9. Oscars dress or figure skating costume? The Daily Mail hilariously compares the skating dresses of the women of the Sochi Olympics to many a red carpet gown through the years -- proving that they look for many of the same aspects in a show-stopping outfit. (Daily Mail)