AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Police help throw first birthday bash for boy with autism

Police Help Throw First Birthday Bash For Boy With Autism
Police in Massachusetts went above and beyond the call of duty to give a 12-year-old boy with autism his first real birthday celebration.

Logan Pearson is unable to speak and his family says throwing him a traditional birthday party was always very difficult.

"They've always been just a real, you know, sad and quiet day."

But this year, his mother posted a message to Facebook and asked people to send Logan birthday cards.

"I want to CELEBRATE him and ENJOY his day on 2/24/14!" she wrote.

"So will you go right now and grab a piece of paper and write Happy Birthday Logan- from your FRIEND- in Oregon, Alaska, Hawaii... Etc? I want to make a birthday card book for him."

"Help us celebrate Logan's birthday! Feel free to share this."

The post went viral and Logan get thousands of cards. The post also caught the attention of one officer who turned Logan's birthday into a big bash complete with cake, gifts and even a police escort.

"The mother said, you know, 'He has no friends,' and I looked at Steven and I said, 'We have to do something.'"

"It's just exploded into this, police escort to, you know, just shows us and shows Logan how important he is."

Police from 10 different agencies came to the celebration. Logan's mom told WPMT she feels humbled by the birthday party that's been twelve years in the making.

If you'd like to send Logan a birthday wish, mail it to:

Logan Pearson

311 Lowell Street

Apt. 3210

Andover, MA 01810

More From You

51 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
ehabibhabib February 25 2014 at 9:26 AM

I have read a book called The Keys to the Unconscious, on autism. Wonderful solutions. This is not an add. The author is Psychiatrist Dr. Renate Jost. Everyone in this world should read it. Again, this is not an add, the book has changed lives and views in families with this kind of problem. It is a once a life finding. I hope the mother reads this. And may God bless her for her love for the child.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
mpiastra February 25 2014 at 5:05 AM

Hang in there logan, it gets better!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
benne6j February 25 2014 at 3:52 AM

by now it is the day after your Birthday Logan. I am just now reading this. So Happy Day After Your Birthday, Logan! I pray God gives you happy days everyday! From MR BEE in Norcross, Georgia

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Sandy February 25 2014 at 3:09 AM

WOW...that city councilman sounds like an arrogant dictator. Government is supposed to be there to support and service the public. I am so sick of these nasty gov workers dictating to us and taking away freedom just because they have passed a bunch of stupid laws saying they can be dictators. Who cares if this little girl has a few chickens? Stop taking our freedom, vote this fool out of office and get people who believe in freedom...who cares if everyone has a few chickens? As long as no one has a problem with it..why should the gov? I bet the guy is a Liberal democrat...vote him out of office..get rid of the commies!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to Sandy's comment
trixfoxx February 25 2014 at 4:48 AM

Sorry to see you didn't hit any smart branches as you fell down your family tree.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
akeymg February 25 2014 at 2:34 AM

Hey, Ho Logan
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. ONE VERY SPECIAL YOUNG MAN DESERVES A GREAT DAY.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
flhrcui01 February 25 2014 at 2:11 AM

Happy Birthday Logan!!!!
I just learned of your special day ,( right now at work) and I wanted to say Happy Birthday to a very special boy and who so deservedly should have his special day. My girlfriends grandson Liam is three years old , and autistic, and he is such a very special and beautiful boy, and he has only a few friends. Every time I'm at her house, and I see him, he gets excited and screams with joy when he sees me. I love him dearly. I hope that your day went great, and you received some very special gifts from your new friends at the Police Dept.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
ptggtp February 25 2014 at 1:06 AM

That's a terrific story. It's truly heart warming when you hear about people going out of their way to help others. I know the stories are out there. I truly believe that. But the press doesn't seem to see them very often.

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
Jean Slavin February 25 2014 at 12:28 AM

Happy Birthday Logan!! It is also my daughter Kathy's birthday. I hope you and your family had a GREAT day!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
hi jamieboy February 25 2014 at 12:05 AM

Happy Birthday Logan.... happy for you. You obviously have a great mom. :) :) :)

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
Trish February 24 2014 at 11:50 PM

Aww...that was just about the nicest thing I read that was done for a kid in quite a while.

Reply Flag as Abusive +5 rate up rate down