nb_cid nb_clickOther -tt-nb this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage('http://www.aol.com/?mtmhp=acm50s247banner041514 network-banner-promo mtmhpBanner
AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

McDonald's might extend breakfast hours

McDonald's Might Extend Breakfast Hours

Breakfast and fast-food enthusiasts might soon be in for a treat.

After hinting about it in the past, McDonald's is reportedly considering extending its breakfast hours to cater to those in their 20s and 30s who are changing the way they eat.

Customers might be able to get their coveted McGriddles and Egg McMuffins later than the current breakfast hours, which end at 10:30 a.m.

Despite calls from the public, the restaurant has been reluctant to do so in the past, citing concerns over the chain's small kitchens that would make it difficult to prepare more food, according to Business Insider.

But the company says its young target audience is more in the "brunch mindset" than its older customers, and according to NBC, the 10:30 a.m. cutoff is just not working, especially on the weekends.

USA Today says McDonald's currently reigns supreme in the breakfast-food world, responsible for about 20 percent of the industry. But some wonder if the fast-food giant will be able to keep that hold with so many other chains offering breakfast at all hours of the day.

McDonald's is, of course, not without its fast-food breakfast competitors. After all, it's about a $50 billion industry.

According to Daily Finance, Burger King, Starbucks, Wendy's and even Subway have all seen success in the breakfast business.

Starting March 27, Taco Bell will get its foot in the door by offering more unconventional breakfast foods such as a Waffle Taco - yes, the Waffle Taco - or the breakfast version of its popular Crunchwrap taco-sandwich, potentially giving Taco Bell a $700 million share in the industry.

If our McDonald's fast food dreams come true, it's currently unclear whether breakfast items will be offered as an all-day addition, or if the breakfast hours will just be extended.

More From You

164 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
slackwarerobert February 26 2014 at 9:44 AM

It's about time, I miss having a big mac and beer for breakfast.
Now if they just start selling the beer in the mcd's around here
I can stop and get breakfast again.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
bertha53151 February 25 2014 at 11:34 PM

Doesn't matter to me, I'm not a fast food person; none of them matter to me. I carry Special K bars with me. If I do stop there in my travels, when I'm with someone who wants to stop, I get their coffee. You can get that anytime. Thanks

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Gregg February 25 2014 at 11:33 PM

Yep, I would really enjoy a "brunch" at almost any time of the day. Bring it on, McD.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to Gregg's comment
drydockx February 26 2014 at 12:07 AM

Didn't McDonalds try hot cates 24 hours a day a few yers ago?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
FoxyFilipino@netzero.net February 25 2014 at 10:49 PM

It's refreshing to see McDonald's is considering moving into the 21st century. Not everyone appreciates eating lunch so "early" in the day. To keep up with the competition, you either
move up of move out.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Trish February 25 2014 at 10:41 PM

I have over SEVERAL years tryed to get a egg Mcmuffin for lunch, a greasy hamburger don't appeal to me for lunch, for dinner it's ok but NOT for lunch. As soon as they do this I'll be there to get my
egg Mcmuffin for my lunch yum.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Barbara February 25 2014 at 10:36 PM

Its PAST about time. I remember vacation ing at Outer Banks years ago, slept late and went to McDonalds 5 min after the cut-off time (10:39 a.m.) for serving breakfast and thought it ridiculous I couldnt get a breakfast sandwich! They were starting to prepare LUNCH!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to Barbara's comment
Trish February 25 2014 at 10:44 PM

Yes that use to get me real angry, I am the kind of person that is never hungry when I get up, I DON'T want to start my day off with a greasy hamberger, a egg Mc muffin is what I always wanted and never got.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
herman February 25 2014 at 10:22 PM

Bring it on.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
itsevan February 25 2014 at 10:14 PM

Chuck Norris can eat breakfast in McDonalds after 11:00am

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Rick February 25 2014 at 10:12 PM

I just moved down to south Florida (South Palm Beach County) from Staten Island, NY at the end of 2013. In Staten Island. most of the McDonalds sold breakfast dishes until 11:00 am. I have yet to go into any fast food place down here for breakfast because there are so many good places to get breakfast. You can get any type of eggs, any breakfast meat, and it comes with home fries or hash browns and a bagel or bialy and cream cheese, sometimes for less than McDonalds but usually more but the price is worth what you get including waitress or waiter service. McDonalds can serve breakfast all day long if they choose but so do many other non fast food establishments so who cares.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
ccwww591 February 25 2014 at 9:55 PM

Thank goodness..... closest McDonald's is in resort area. 10:30AM is too early to cut off breakfast service - I've been several times and just missed the cut off time by less than 5 minutes. So I leave hungry because I don't want hamburger, I want an egg McMuffin. Thank you.

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down