TODAY/AOL 'Ideal to Real' body image survey results

jojowhite320 February 24 2014 at 2:27 PM

Have Your Say...Come on I do not believe the reporters will be make=up free!!! Most people know that to be on TV you should wear makeup and the macho guys who don't look like the very devil. And guys should cut their hair and shave their gray beards, they would look 25 years younger and you know I'm right. Men are just lazy. And since the duck dynasty is so popular the bearded guys have been out in public shopping ,eating etc. I personally hope the duck dynasty guys hang up their beards when the filming is over.

lcraigs February 24 2014 at 2:07 PM

This is just another waste of viewers time. Apparently, adult news and issues don't matter much anymore

summergermann February 24 2014 at 1:14 PM

Funny that they're supposed to be makeup free selfies, but in all the images posted, they are in full makeup on set! Contradictory! If you want to see real women and mothers & daughters makeup free, go to https://www.facebook.com/happydittobysummer where I've been doing the love of mothers & daughters at any age, really makeup free!

angela February 24 2014 at 12:41 PM

never spent a lots of time at my self, now even less, even though i do have a lots of hang ups about my look, but than iam older and alone so i dont give a dang any more! would be nice though to feel different about my self even at my age, at least i can go to the other side with decency! :) never liked how i look, i knonw i have beautiful expressive eyes and a great laugh, but that too got old :)
so how can any one change herself or himself over night?? good luck hahahaha

eatatjojozz February 24 2014 at 3:11 PM

I used to watch the Today show until Matt started dressing like the Drag Queen he is and I no longer watch it because it basicly sucks and Matt should not be allowed on the show, He certainly is not worth being paid 25 million a year to act like the Tranny Queen he is and I still can not get over the way he Dissed Ann by throwing her under the buss. I now watch Good morning America. Get RID of sissy Matt, bring back Ann and I might watch it again. I miss seeing Al and the rest of the crew but Matt just plain SUCKS and is proud of it.

jjudy060 February 24 2014 at 11:19 AM

I can not stand the today show.................. annoying.

sothrnirsh jjudy060 February 24 2014 at 12:09 PM

Then don't watch. NOONE is forcing you, "YET"

bjredmond64 February 24 2014 at 11:43 AM

as old age creeps up on me, i'm learning it is your personality that either makes it or doesnt. a warm, loving, gentle, fun person is always favorable to a sleek looking "i'm into myself type person." spend time on developing a caring way of treating others. the looks become beautiful if the inside is beautiful.

angela bjredmond64 February 24 2014 at 12:45 PM

that is what i always said too bjrdmomd64 but evidently no one else sees it, i been single for over forty years even though the guys find me attractive and "nice lady" but it never seems to be good enough, so now i decide that been alone is not too bad unless i need help with a faucet leak or car problem but with my luck? if i had a man? he would not know how to do that either!! iam just like you described but people fails to see that! oh well.....

NicktheMan February 24 2014 at 11:38 AM

I think these Today Show anchors are the most self-centered, self-engrossed, self-absorbed people on television!! Can they not thank their maker for all He has given them? Can't they for once see beyond body image or makeup or how high they think they are above "ordinary" Americans? I'm glad they brought this "selfie" segment on. It just magnifies what these so-called celebrities think of themselves. I think they should rename it "SELFISH". What buffoons at NBC think people give a rats ass what these people think of themselves? They'd better start worrying about their HEALTH, and how they can BETTER THE WORLD, and do something with their blessings from God than worry about not having makeup on, or why they were skinny as kids, or how much they looked like Yoda.

angela NicktheMan February 24 2014 at 12:49 PM

hahahahaha good post nicktheman hahaha love it!! they should worry more what is going on around them, i know they probably worked their butts off to get to where they are, but now that they are there i wish like you said "the body image stuff" is a killer for us women that cant afford to have surgeries and trainers etc etc, so who cares? but the youth wants to be like them! so they should use what they have to help others and stop been so self center!! amen to you man!

ae12wrangell February 24 2014 at 11:07 AM

And then there is - the Selfie itself. Think about it. How egotistical have we become? Everybody has to get his/her own Selfie. Why? There are these things in your homes called mirrors. The Selfies we waste time with, how long will that 1 Selfie last before the next one deletes it? Sefies are the one thing that should NOT have been created. Dont get me started on Twitter and its use of 140 charachters

sothrnirsh ae12wrangell February 24 2014 at 12:16 PM

Social Media(Facebook, Twitter, ETC.) IS the WORST invention in history. Talk about lack of Privacy, and you idiots do it to yourselves.

buckeye3118 February 24 2014 at 1:19 PM

The National Barack Channel, following the lead of PopStar MESSiah.