AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Erin Andrews to return to 'Dancing With the Stars'

Erin Andrews will be hosting 'Dancing With the Stars' this season.

The Fox News reporter, 35, will be replacing Brooke Burke-Charvet after it was announced Bruke-Charvet would not be returning to the show this season.

Andrews competed for the Mirror Ball back in 2010, but this time she'll be next to Tom Bergeron as co-host. After the news came out today, Andrews reassured fans she would keep her position at Fox News.

In an exclusive interview with PEOPLE, Andrews admitted she has huge shoes to fill and that it will be a big adjustment for all involved. "She was very wonderful toward me in my season. She was so caring and so fantastic. I can only hope I can emulate somebody like that and use her for guidance," she said.

"I feel great," she told PEOPLE. "I was texting with Maksim, my old partner. He was saying, 'Wow, it's coming full circle for you.' "

More From You

349 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
taglsml February 26 2014 at 12:27 AM

She has to work on her voice because if she speaks the way she does on that yogurt commercial then I'm not watching the show this season, her voice is quite annoying! I loved Brooke!! She did an amazing job and had a wonderful voice for the show.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
stiaudio February 25 2014 at 7:34 PM

As a long time broadcaster, I can tell you that Erin did not take someone's job. If ABC was not looking to replace Brooke, it would not have happened. That's just the way things go in this business. As for the need for a co-host, that's another question entirely. It may be too much to ask Bergeron to carry the whole show...but he is more than capable. In fact, he's one of the best.
Erin will do just fine. Give her some time. I liked the girl before Brooke, although I can't remember her name, unfortunately. She was just fine, too.
This is not a brain-surgery job.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
kymfawn February 25 2014 at 6:33 PM

Cat Deely from So you Think you Can Dance would have been a much much better choice.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
kymfawn February 25 2014 at 6:32 PM

OH NO can't stand to listen to her voice, ugh will keep the sound down when she speaks, oh and will only watch if the stars they have are worth the time.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Hello Mattie! February 25 2014 at 5:52 PM

How does it feel Erin to steal someone else's job?

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
j.pr3 February 25 2014 at 5:48 PM

What a disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure was hoping that because she was taking the DWYS gig I could watch sports again, but guess that won't be happening. I can't stand the female "sports casters" they take something away from the game - maybe it is the pitch of their voice or just the fact that they do ask some pretty stupid questions in interviews. Oh, by the way I am a female who thinks there are certain things women just don't belong in and "announcing" football, baseball, hockey are definitely in that area.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
jockey01 February 25 2014 at 5:45 PM

bad, bad choice. brooke is one of the all time MILF's. a classic milf if you will. they will regret this move.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
jjwheelock February 25 2014 at 5:06 PM

Awesome! Go Erin!
Brooke's style of fashion turned me off. She had an attitude problem as well. I felt she needed to be replaced. Happy Tom will stay. He is good, funny and adds to the show.
I would like to see some of the judges replaced and Max back. DWTS's is a favorite.
I look forward to the show weekly and it gives an uplift to those who wish they could dance once in their lives. I have DWTS on my "bucket list" to atttend one of the shows, someday!

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
lucadoo February 25 2014 at 4:18 PM

Keep digging at the bottom of the barrel, I would like Tom to just take over, since he gets most of the laughs. The questions that the co-hosts ask are just plain stupid like "you recieved your first 30 of the season - how does it make you feel" - really? I get that they are looking for unconventional people to dance - but you lost me 2 seasons ago. Now the band is gone - too many changes on set and the judging is a farce. Good luck on your new season - I give you a 3-2-1.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
bjay0421 February 25 2014 at 4:16 PM

I hope this change doesn't mean that we will soon lose DWTS. I dislike 'reality' shows in general, but this show has been very enjoyable, especially toward the end, when celebs get real good.
Sure beats sitting in front of the TV watching people lose weight!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down