Milwaukee mom punishes daughter with Facebook video

Milwaukee Mom Punishes Daughter with Facebook Video

A Milwaukee mother used her daughter's affinity for Facebook against her.

According to WMC-TV, Walls had already prohibited her daughter from using the site. After learning the 12-year-old was suspended from school for a fight originating on the social network, Walls decided to up the ante.

She posted a video to Facebook scolding her daughter for using the social media site to talk with boys and start fights. WDJT's Facebook page erupted with positive and negative responses to the video.

Mom Lorraine Walls says she's already banned her daughter, Latisha, twice from using the social media site. Walls says Latisha lied about her age and was bullying others on the site.

'If you can get a child and expose that child to help that child, not to hurt 'em. I'm not out to hurt Latisha. I want her to live. I want her to be somebody,' Walls said.

The video has already racked up half a million views and plenty of responses on WDJT's Facebook page.

One user posted: 'I just don't agree with parents doing this on social media. ... don't need to put it out there so that they can then be ridiculed. How are you going to tell your daughter not to act a fool on FB - but then you do.'

Walls told WDJT she doesn't regret the video and she's simply preparing her daughter for a cruel world.

Bill February 21 2014 at 3:19 PM

I wonder why they didn't get Lorraine's husband (who is Latisha's father, after all) to comment on the "punishment".

happyec10 Bill February 21 2014 at 4:21 PM

What makes the difference who the father is. This is about discipline not Who's the Baby's Daddy. I think this Mom has every right in the world to do what she feel is right for her child. I punished my children alot differently than my husband. I busted their ass and he would yell. Didn't hurt them a bit. We couldn't be any closer now if we tried. Actually they have thanked me for it.

bullmesht February 21 2014 at 3:16 PM

Maybe she has tried different approaches and they didn't work. I kind of figure she's damn if she does and damn if she doesn't. If the girl gets in trouble everyone will sayd why didn't her parents do something.

Paula February 21 2014 at 3:23 PM

Good for mom!! She was suspended from school for a fight she started on FB so let her see that FB works both ways. I'll bet most of the people complaining about this do NOT have a teenager, walk a mile in her shoes!

vrf19977 Paula February 21 2014 at 3:28 PM

I have a teenager and would never resort to such ridiculous tactics. If you have to act like a junior high student in order to correct your child, something is wrong with your parenting to begin with.

Paula vrf19977 February 21 2014 at 3:40 PM

I know couples who were fantastic parents and had nothing but trouble with their kids and I know couples who practically ignored their kids and they turned out great. Sometimes it's not the parenting it's the child. What may work for you because you have good children my not work for others. This child was a bully and had to be handled more aggressively and the way her mother saw fit.

Flag +1 rate up
David S. vrf19977 February 21 2014 at 3:57 PM

Amen! Who is the adult here? Mom sounded like an idiot......there were other ways to handle this appropriately.

Flag 0 rate up
Laurie Rhodes February 21 2014 at 3:30 PM

I don't think this was harsh at this point in the discipline process... kids put worse... maybe this will teach her a valuable lesson.

iprayon Laurie Rhodes February 21 2014 at 3:37 PM

i agree

jjemder February 21 2014 at 3:30 PM

Good for you mom! You obviously love and care about your daughter.

Judi Klein February 21 2014 at 3:25 PM

Good for this mom who is involved with her child...

MISSY February 21 2014 at 3:06 PM

I don't understand these people who criticize parents for punishing there children for bullying. We all have seen numerous suicides from kids who are bullied. If a parent stood by and did nothing everyone would be screaming but when a parent stands up to their child trying to teach them right from wrong everyone thinks it is terrible. Maybe if it was their child being bullied they wouldn't feel that way. Social Media is a way kids can bully other kids where parents don't know what is going on. I commend her actions.

RavensBack11847 MISSY February 21 2014 at 4:34 PM

Children who bully absolutely need to be disciplined, but they do not need to be bullied by their parent.
This child needs counseling (along with discipline), but she doesn't need to be humiliated by her own mother. I don't understand why people can't see THAT - rather than supporting what is nothing less than a misguided parent being vindictive towards their child in the name of discipline.

danieltx6129 RavensBack11847 February 21 2014 at 6:19 PM

counseling doesn't work on all kids don't you know criminals tend to learn from counselors how to be better criminals.

Flag 0 rate up
danieltx6129 RavensBack11847 February 21 2014 at 6:21 PM

Do you have children Ravens

Flag 0 rate up
thdimples56 February 21 2014 at 2:55 PM

Its kills me how everyone is so oppionated about the way a parent may raise a child, i think she could have handled it better but she is giving her daughter a taste of her own medicine really she bullys people and starts fights and she is trying to be grown on a site with older guys. i know a lot of parents that would've whooped the kids butt but instead she put he in the same place having a feeling of hurt and embarrassment the same thing her child was not only doing to others but also her future. im not justifiying her moms actions im just pointing out what others seem not to understand open the book and read dont just look at the cover and judge we dont know the full story but i do kno at least she cares enough to put i stop to it or at least make a attempt to rather then making excuses to why he daughter did something.. **** she trying to be a good parent and everybodys way of doing it is different that doesnt make it wrong

ethel.yhap February 21 2014 at 2:45 PM

That is what is wrong with kids today. They lack the punishment from back in the days. They are out of hand. I applaud her for being a good mom trying to ready her child for the world.

RavensBack11847 ethel.yhap February 21 2014 at 5:25 PM

Oh, good grief ... there were just as many kids "back in the day" misbehaving as there are now. As a matter of fact, there was by far more gang activity with kids as young as 12 shooting and killing people.

danieltx6129 RavensBack11847 February 21 2014 at 5:58 PM

yeah now they are shooting up schools and malls

Flag 0 rate up
Michelle February 21 2014 at 3:18 PM

That's right I agree with you MOM ..............