AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Lance Armstrong case back in court over bonuses

Lance Armstrong

DALLAS (AP) - Lance Armstrong's attorneys are back in court to try to stop a Dallas-based company from trying to recoup millions in bonuses it paid him for races he won while using performance-enhancing drugs.

Judge Tonya Parker will hear Friday from lawyers for Armstrong, the disgraced cyclist who was stripped of seven Tour de France victories and given a lifetime ban from sports in 2012.

Dallas-based SCA Promotions wants to reopen arbitration about $12 million in bonuses it paid after three of Armstrong's tour victories. But Armstrong's attorneys argue that arbitration settlement was final and cannot be revisited.

Armstrong faces several lawsuits after admitting to doping.

SCA says it's entitled to reopening the settlement because Armstrong lied about taking drugs under oath.

More From You

244 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
skippchris February 22 2014 at 9:31 PM

The question is, did Lance Armstrong sign a contract where he agreed to conditions regarding doping and funding? If he did, he knew the consequences of his actions and he agreed to those consequences. All the other points raised here are not germane to this agreement to which he is bound.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
HANCHO February 22 2014 at 3:29 AM

Leave him the **** alone. Are you serious>> Your favorite baseball star, actor, etc...etc, do worst **** and crimes. He's cool and not a criminal. Can't forget the rubber wrist band ever invented by this man. The style, and it was. Leave him the **** alone. He's a great person. The Lance Armstrong I will always remember from my childhood.

Reply Flag as Abusive -3 rate up rate down
cad4design February 22 2014 at 1:39 AM

There is always the Willie Nelson quote: "I think it is just terrible and disgusting how everyone has treated Lance Armstrong, especially after what he achieved, winning seven Tour de France races while on drugs. When I was on drugs, I couldn't even find my bike." LOL

I do wonder how he would have done without the drugs.

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
3 replies to cad4design's comment
josb866161 February 22 2014 at 1:16 AM

Corporate greed at work again. These people,/companies, have got there use of Lance Armstrong’s name or whatever they wanted, a long time ago. It makes no sense for them to be getting money at this stage of the game. I don't agree with doping, in or out of sports, but this is beating a dead dog.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
xzarterius February 22 2014 at 12:22 AM

You reap what you sow. He was on top of the world and is now a has been. Of course there were other cyclists doping then but none won 7 TDF's in a row. Although he deserves to be stricken from the record books I think trying to take money from him from a dozen years ago is only greed. People made more money from him then he took from them. Let's let it be and move on already.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
mvp3395 February 22 2014 at 12:06 AM

Leave Lance alone the guy put the sport on the world stage regardless of his doping. That's like Red Sox fans demanding their money back for games that Roger Clemons pitched during his ten year stint in Boston! Not going to happen.

Reply Flag as Abusive +5 rate up rate down
a.jackson49 February 21 2014 at 11:49 PM

Say what you want to about Mr. Lance Armstrong. But name anyone who brought more glory to the sport of bicycling then he did !
Who brought it to the forefront and to world wide attention.
Who is a cancer survivor that raised millions for cancer research and by so doing saved countless of lives.
Hat's off to Lance Armstrong

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
2 replies to a.jackson49's comment
josb866161 February 22 2014 at 1:31 AM

I completely agree about the raising of money for cancer research. Overall, I think he did more good than bad. Plus I don't feel sorry for those investing in him. They have used him for their own purposes long ago. They are not being hurt by anything he did. I guess Nike could do the same to a Michael Jordan, if he had ever done anything like doping. He has made Nike a fortune, and visa versa. Anyone who does something wrong, under the premise these people are using, could mean a lot of big companies taking money from people years after they already benefited from the person. Makes no sense.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
TERRY February 22 2014 at 2:16 AM

You are so right. I was so in awe of him than and love hm still now. I don't care what he did. Like others have said what did those other guys go?

Reply Flag as Abusive -2 rate up rate down
1 reply to TERRY's comment
Linda Funderburk February 22 2014 at 3:15 AM

How about his X-wife what did he do to her. It was shameful how he treated her. I hated the day she married him. I am sorry I have never liked him....

Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
Cody February 21 2014 at 11:45 PM

I think the bottom line is, was Lance Armstrong the only racer using performance enhancing drugs? That is a big question. Is it a widespread or semi-wide spread problem in bicycling or is it just Lance who took drugs solely? There is widespread use of enhancers in sports in general, we know this. Baseball, yes, Football uh-huh, Wrestling (television version, WWE), uh yep, I think so. I don't need to mention the particular players. Yes he screwed up, but why all the haters.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down