AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Girl Scouts sell cookies at pot dispensaries

Girl Scouts Sell Cookies At Pot Dispensaries

One San Francisco Girl Scout is proving to be a shrewd businesswoman by making money off the munchies.

The Green Cross, a marijuana dispensary, posted photos to its Facebook page this week of 13-year-old Danielle Lei selling her cookies outside its doors.

According to her mother, after 45 minutes, Danielle had to call for backup cookies, and within two hours she sold about 117 boxes.

Danielle's mom told KPIX that she thought this was a good opportunity to both show her daughter different areas of their city and to have a mature conversation about drugs.

"[The girls] learn that [users are] not drugged out," her mother told the East Bay Express. "Many have serious needs and are just a little different. And they get hungry after."

This might be a lesson about pot, but Danielle's marijuana money move is also getting her praise as brilliant, savvy and even genius.

KPIX spoke with the Girl Scouts of Northern California, and they're fine with where Danielle set up her stand.

More From You

31 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
ltdan1212 February 21 2014 at 6:37 PM

Talk about marketing smarts. They should have put her in charge of BarryCare. She's a lot smarter than anyone in DC.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
aj.valadez February 21 2014 at 6:07 PM

Girl scouts: You want some cookies with your pot?

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Teresa February 21 2014 at 5:43 PM

Selling cookies outside of a pot shop is not part of a mature conversation regarding drugs, it is making light of drug use.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
BarB February 21 2014 at 3:00 PM

the girl scouts are not what they were at one time....now they back abortion and all the stuff they have no right getting into.....guess pot is just another one on their list....now they will look the other way when their counselors start using it, if they buy a box of cookies in their names ?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to BarB's comment
kbaby12345 February 21 2014 at 3:40 PM

Kind of what I was thinking too. ". . . the Girl Scouts of Northern California, and they're fine with where Danielle set up her stand." I guess if your organization supports abortion, why wouldn't it support drug use? I know a lot of people around where I live who are pulling their kids from Scouting because of recent events that have come to light. It sure isn't what it used to be!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
michaelrrileymike February 21 2014 at 2:56 PM

I am appalled. Let’s help her make a little more money for that morally uplifting institution… Why not let her tag-along with the local crack-dealer too and sell her cookies.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
jragga February 21 2014 at 2:44 PM

It's not funny, cute, savvy, or genius because it wasn't the little girl scouts that came up with the idea, it was their pot smoking hippie mothers idea...

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
2 replies to jragga's comment
jragga February 21 2014 at 2:46 PM

I read down the list of some of the comments, people actually believe this idea was all a bunch of 10 year old girl scouts conception? People are so gullible and stupid...

Behind every so called "cute" story is some drunk, weed smoking mom...

Reply Flag as Abusive -3 rate up rate down
rostra February 21 2014 at 2:47 PM

Sales are sales, and considering it goes towards lower income scouts attending camp, it was a great idea. No different that being sold where the parents work, or to friends, many who might be pot smokers.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
brooklynspygirl February 21 2014 at 2:40 PM

.That is too funny!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to brooklynspygirl's comment
kbaby12345 February 21 2014 at 3:41 PM

There really is nothing funny about it.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
beckstein February 21 2014 at 2:33 PM

what a smart girl hah she will be rich

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
d.lindsay3 February 21 2014 at 2:22 PM

The girl scouts turned down the road of evil a long time ago, promoting lesbianism, radical militant feminism, abortion and more. Why not sell cookies outside Planned Parenthood? Or in front of the drug rehabs where many young weed heads wind up? or maybe in front of the jails and prisons where drug abusers wind up. Oh yeah, I forgot, it's strictly 'medicinal'. yeah, right.
I haven't bought girl scout cookies in years.

Reply Flag as Abusive -6 rate up rate down
1 reply to d.lindsay3's comment
I LOVE YOU MOM! February 21 2014 at 4:38 PM

I've never used any drugs, can't tolerate even prescription pain pills (they knocked me out and made me sick/vomit for two days the time I took codeine, drink maybe two glasses of wine per YEAR, but my husband liked to go to the tavern on Fridays and so did most of the guys who worked at the shipyards & on construction sites. One year I told my friends who each had a little girl in G.S. that I'd take them to sell cookies. We stood by the door of the tavern and harassed every guy who wanted in and if I remember right, every guy bought a box or boxes of cookies. If anyone tried to shrug us off, I'd yell to the owner and my husband (friend of the owner) that this guy was a cheap s.o.b. and the guy would get so embarrassed he'd sometimes just hand one of the girls some money without taking cookies. We only did this one Friday evening because someone phoned the G.S. and complained. What could they do, tell us no selling at bars? I already knew this and didn't care and the two girls were only 9 or 10 so it wasn't their fault. I simply didn't tell my friends WHERE I planned to take the girls so they couldn't/wouldn't have to tell me it was against the GS rules. We sold all the cookies we had. I thought it was hilarious and people in our small town joked about this for years.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
cambion7 February 21 2014 at 2:20 PM

I say kudos to the young lady that decided she wanted to sell in front of pot clubs. That's a really smart business choice, realizing that smoking pot gives on the munchies. Way to go!

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down