AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Fun Facebook secrets you need to see

Facebook Secrets You Need to See

Facebook's been around for a decade, but that old dog still has tons of tricks.

Emoji yourself: If you take your username and type it between double brackets, it will send your profile pic like an emoji. That adds a little personal spice to a message! Note: This doesn't work on mobile.

Randos: Search for "randos at _________," and you'll find people who work at your company who aren't your friends.

Putnam: Type ":Putnam:", and you'll get an emoji of Chris Putnam. (He was an engineer at Facebook.)

The Other Folder: In messages you have an "other" folder. It's full of messages from people you aren't friends with. It might have some spam, but it probably also has some important unread messages in it.

Buying Conversation: You can message some people you aren't friends with by paying a variable amount of money.

Pirate English: You can change the language to pirate English. There's also upside down English.

What are your favorite Facebook secrets? Share 'em with us in the comments.

More From You

-191
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
mesager42 February 23 2014 at 11:06 PM

After our youngest son cut off all communications with us due to marrying into a Baptist cult family in Maryland, I tried to communicate with some of his inlaws to pass messages on to him, and their stupid other folders wanted me to pay money. That's when I figured that part of Facebook sucks. It's basically prostitute communication just to try and communicate with others. Those private individuals aren't registered service providers like a cable, Internet, satellite, or phone company. They are private twits who think that communicating with them has added value.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
MAREK February 23 2014 at 10:58 PM

FACEBOOK IS SPYING STAF IN 100%. WATCH IT GUYS !!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
mehagens February 23 2014 at 10:42 PM

I'm a sixty something, and totally self taught on a hp p.c. as you can imagine it took months of frustrations and crashes. but now I can chase down viruses and malware and reverse their damages . NOT A SMALL FEAT but I'm still self taught so I'm ignorant of what even the commonest abreviations mean in computer language like what the **** are double brackets,ect,ect I get so furiouse where the **** can I go to find stupidly simple answers to questions like these ? all I ever get when I try and find out things like that is condesention or endless double talk. if you knew what it took to self teach yourself how to use, configure, and fix it when malware strikes and blackes out and locks out your p.c. you would not laugh. the cyber dictionary for me isn't much help when I don't know how to ask it what I need to know. I only know my own language or the names I gave things while learning how it works so......where is a site for computer lingo dummys? and please no doubletalk just straight answers. MARK.H. mehagens@aol.com

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to mehagens's comment
halosue2009 February 23 2014 at 11:45 PM

You should be able to type in google and ask for a list of the fonts and tags , imoji's and there meanings....that you can print out.....like certain things on your keyboard make certain pictures when you use -2-3 together..like hearts, kiss, phone, etc..

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
propickup February 23 2014 at 8:41 PM

my favorite thing is not being part of it. never have and never will.

Reply Flag as Abusive +7 rate up rate down
1 reply to propickup's comment
dangerdad71 February 23 2014 at 10:03 PM

But you'll make sure you go in to every site that says anything about it and knock it any way you can, huh? Aren't you a special kind of STOOPID......

Reply Flag as Abusive -2 rate up rate down
Steve February 23 2014 at 7:41 PM

Many sites won't let you comment or enter a contest if you don't have a twit or FB account. So I guess that just means less spam for those that don't have an account with them. They're trying to take over everything.

Reply Flag as Abusive +9 rate up rate down
1 reply to Steve's comment
mehagens February 23 2014 at 11:08 PM

ditto: I severed facebook links to all my sites.i hate their ******* big nose. and George orwell is shouting from the other side I TOLD YOU SO,I TOLD YOU SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! m.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
crazy ray February 23 2014 at 7:28 PM

What the hell is a emoji?

Reply Flag as Abusive +13 rate up rate down
1 reply to crazy ray's comment
halosue2009 February 23 2014 at 11:42 PM

emoji is the little picture type fonts...like a phone, flag, chops sticks, PICTURES FONTS..just like what you have next to your name....

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
mizzjan56 February 23 2014 at 6:33 PM

All this FB stuff sounds so incredibly STUPID to me. I've never signed up, and never will. I know...OMG...I'll miss out on "pirate English", whatever the hell that is! Ridiculous non-sense.

Reply Flag as Abusive +12 rate up rate down
1 reply to mizzjan56's comment
dangerdad71 February 23 2014 at 10:04 PM

Then why are you so interested in it that you'll read up on it in here? DURRRRRR>........

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
pdelgado777 February 23 2014 at 6:23 PM

thats crzy

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
just1different February 23 2014 at 5:25 PM

Aol, FB and Huff post ..you guys are really starting to piss me off !!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +7 rate up rate down
Charlee February 23 2014 at 4:39 PM

I am an Admin on a FB group. We are topic specific, so we try to be sure that people who apply are truly interested. Consequently, we send a LOT of mail to "other" folders. FB would like us to pay a dollar apiece to send the messages to their inbox. NOT going to happen, I could be spending close to $100 in a busy week. I REALLY dislike the "other" folder concept, can you tell? LOL

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down