Fun Facebook secrets you need to see

Facebook Secrets You Need to See

Facebook's been around for a decade, but that old dog still has tons of tricks.

Emoji yourself: If you take your username and type it between double brackets, it will send your profile pic like an emoji. That adds a little personal spice to a message! Note: This doesn't work on mobile.

Randos: Search for "randos at _________," and you'll find people who work at your company who aren't your friends.

Putnam: Type ":Putnam:", and you'll get an emoji of Chris Putnam. (He was an engineer at Facebook.)

The Other Folder: In messages you have an "other" folder. It's full of messages from people you aren't friends with. It might have some spam, but it probably also has some important unread messages in it.

Buying Conversation: You can message some people you aren't friends with by paying a variable amount of money.

Pirate English: You can change the language to pirate English. There's also upside down English.

What are your favorite Facebook secrets? Share 'em with us in the comments.

summer fun February 23 2014 at 10:26 AM

I don't do Facebook. To many people see what your writing

Lorrie summer fun February 23 2014 at 10:36 AM

You don't have to type anything; just read what everyone else is doing!

Randy Lorrie February 23 2014 at 11:45 AM

WHY????????????? If they wanted you to know... wouldn't tell you directly!

Flag +2 rate up
lilacbunches summer fun February 23 2014 at 11:54 AM

You can control that......except Obama's spying network that is.

ROBINHOOD February 23 2014 at 11:45 AM

If I knew what a rando's or a enoji is this article might have been worth reading.

lilacbunches ROBINHOOD February 23 2014 at 11:51 AM

If you try it, you might find out. I am going to try it as well.

TERRY ROBINHOOD February 23 2014 at 3:43 PM

Robinhood I don't have the slightest idea what they are either. LOL. So why try something that makes no sense.

wes-n-family February 23 2014 at 12:01 PM

just like most news stories its free advertising

Randy wes-n-family February 23 2014 at 1:16 PM

Free advertising for the "companies" the far left likes.... you won't see too many stories, let alone "free advertising" for companies or organizations the lefties think are evil (but provide the majority of the jobs and pay the majority of the business taxes).

crazy ray February 23 2014 at 7:28 PM

What the hell is a emoji?

halosue2009 crazy ray February 23 2014 at 11:42 PM

emoji is the little picture type fonts...like a phone, flag, chops sticks, PICTURES FONTS..just like what you have next to your name....

Phyllis February 23 2014 at 4:04 PM

Here is some fun facts for you, people can get your ID's from Facebook even if yu are not open to the public. Facebook will do nothing and will not tell you about it. Also, Huffington Post part of AOL will not let you comment now unless you have a FACEBOOK account, so what's up with that AOL, I am a paying customer of AOL and still they are trying to force me to open an account with FACEBOOK , IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AOL. You also need to stop letting these people put web addresses on here, they may be WORMS.

lili Phyllis February 23 2014 at 4:19 PM

yes. re Huffington post. I posed there long before they merged with AOL. Now they will not let me post. Because I am not willing to give fb my cell phone number. First of all, I do not text. So I have no way of confirming it with Facebook. That is part of the process required. So now I am banned from posting on huffington post. It is a small gesture. But I now refuse to read anything that is written by huffington post. They banned me. So I have lowered their readership by one person.

I do not think AOL cares about the people who are posting the links. I too think they likely are worms. Sick people posting this stuff in the guise of ads.

onemadashell Phyllis February 23 2014 at 6:22 PM

huffnpuff and awol have turned to sh!t. they hire pisspoor reporters and blatanlty lie to people. only reason i go to aol is to check my email. occasionally i read the stories. as for posting, i can only post to aol, huffnpuff wants to much info. if they want that why dont they ask the nsa.

lovemyboxerz February 23 2014 at 2:19 PM

Facebook's biggest SECRET is how to reach them to have them remove a page that is using a name that isn't their's. Thanks in advance for the advice to follow the prompts on Facebook to report the account, etc. Been there/done that. Facebook is allowing 2 pages using the name of the rescue that I represent to remain there, using our name. We are a registered charity with the state of NJ and with the IRS so these people are impersonating a charity and could solicit money in our name. But Facebook does not care and has allowed it for over 3 years now.

MAREK February 23 2014 at 10:58 PM

FACEBOOK IS SPYING STAF IN 100%. WATCH IT GUYS !!!

tommy February 23 2014 at 10:31 AM

i would like to know what these ppl do from home not how much they make

bmwrjw tommy February 23 2014 at 1:24 PM

Get idiots to respond and attach financial info to be hacked.

Steve February 23 2014 at 7:41 PM

Many sites won't let you comment or enter a contest if you don't have a twit or FB account. So I guess that just means less spam for those that don't have an account with them. They're trying to take over everything.

mehagens Steve February 23 2014 at 11:08 PM

ditto: I severed facebook links to all my sites.i hate their ******* big nose. and George orwell is shouting from the other side I TOLD YOU SO,I TOLD YOU SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! m.

mizzjan56 February 23 2014 at 6:33 PM

All this FB stuff sounds so incredibly STUPID to me. I've never signed up, and never will. I know...OMG...I'll miss out on "pirate English", whatever the hell that is! Ridiculous non-sense.

dangerdad71 mizzjan56 February 23 2014 at 10:04 PM

Then why are you so interested in it that you'll read up on it in here? DURRRRRR>........