Meet one of the youngest geniuses in the world

Meet One of the Youngest Geniuses in the World

This little girl may only be three years old, but she's probably smarter than pretty much anyone you know.

Alexis Martin is one of the youngest geniuses in the world. She's already a member of Mensa -- the genius society –- and currently stands as the youngest person in the Arizona Mensa chapter.

Tests show her I.Q. is above 160, whereas the average person's I.Q. is 100.

Her parents found out how crazy smart she was at an early age: 'From 12 to 18 months or so, we'd be driving around in the car and she would recite her bedtime story from the night before. We are talking 20 to 25 page books, and she would recite them from the night before. But not just recite them, recite them exactly,' her dad explained.

Alexis did so well on her I.Q. test that the doctors couldn't even calculate it.

And get this: not only does this toddler read at a fifth grade level, but she also taught herself to speak Spanish using an adult app on her parent's iPad.

A look at more Mensa members:

tennisray February 19 2014 at 7:50 AM

WOW!!! sure would like to meet this YOUNG lady!!!!!

d1anaw February 19 2014 at 7:31 AM

The sad thing is that most people don't value intellect in today's society. It will be difficult for her to fit it. It is as difficult to raise a brilliant child as it is to raise one with a learning disability. The "normal" things don't work and don't apply but no one cares about helping intelligent children fit in.

jsinvent February 19 2014 at 7:43 AM

I will take imagination over IQ any day. IQ’s don’t equate to inventions. Einstein

sjude46 jsinvent February 19 2014 at 8:27 AM

When you learn how to spell photography send in a comment also it is not the right word it is a photogenic mind without insulting you get a dictionary I did and was a constant winner in my school spelling bees. It is fun to learn new words try one or two a day oh and try playing anagram games big improvement in my vocabulary. Good luck to you try it you will like it. Sorry if I offended you didn't mean to.

philsun73 February 19 2014 at 7:54 AM

So far as I can read, its only memory. When she develops a creative mind, that is where the genius shines. I wish her well, and I wish us well also, that she channels her genius for the good of all.

Dan philsun73 February 19 2014 at 8:43 AM

True! However she did teach herself a foreign language and that's more than mere memorization! ☺

maryholmes philsun73 February 19 2014 at 11:20 AM

Apparently you didn't read 'so far' enough, as in "she also taught herself to speak Spanish using an adult app on her parent's iPad." Reading comprehension in addition to the capacity to utilize what one comprehends, and learn from it, is one of many ways to evaluate one of many kinds of intelligence. As I read this thread, my heart went out to this girl who will grow up in country that not only does not embrace a gifted mind, but shows immediate contempt and suspicion of it.

JOSEPH February 19 2014 at 6:46 AM

This is news? My daughter has been doing these things since she was 1 y/o. She writes songs, speaks decent, fluent spanish and Italian (spoken in my house), and at age 6 is the only little girl I know that has dove with her dad (me) down to 65' in Jamaican water to search for conch (Shhhh, thats not permitted in Jamaica). She is Nationally ranked in TaeKwonDo and her DRA is a level 40 (which I believe is 4th-5th grade). She has already conquered long division and fractions and she is in 1st grade. With all of this, I would'nt let her within 100 yards of these MENSA elitists. I'd rather ride a bike next to her, or swing on the swingset with her, than push her into academics that her intelligence may be ready for but her maturity level is no way near prepared to deal with. Most of this is gratification for the parents. Just think, my daughter will most likely be just as or more successful than any MENSA kid and all this from Public School. WOW, what an epiphany. Unreal! P.S., my father is a certified genius, First as an Aerospace Engineer at GE Astrospace, then on to be a Research Executive at ETS, the company that creates the SAT tests, and he laughs at these self gratifying idiots of MENSA. Here's a guy that was reading college level at 10, playing concert piano at 11, skipped 2 grades in school and, yet, all of which was accomplished in phildalphia public school system 50 years ago. Bottom line....if you're that smart, you're also smart enough not to tell anyone!

ohger1 JOSEPH February 19 2014 at 7:49 AM

I took a Mensa survey test in high school many years ago, and passed. But I would NEVER associate myself with these people. Mensa is just as repulsive as club for people who consider themselves more physically beautiful than others.

ae12wrangell JOSEPH February 19 2014 at 11:28 AM

BUT, can she name every country, and it's capital?

Beautiful February 19 2014 at 8:53 AM

My child is like this, but intelligence isn't a substitute for ambition, creativity and hard work.
School work and any tests came so easy to him, he never learned how to actually study. Perfect scores on SAT. ...dropped out of college and works in a warehouse..
But I believe he has Asperger's syndrome.

bentbouy1 February 19 2014 at 7:44 AM

I think its sad she will never have a normal and happy childhood She will be known all her life for just being smart

poll100 bentbouy1 February 19 2014 at 9:24 AM

Not if her parents are grounded but already they seem to want to put her on display. Shame on them.

ANGELOCOOL February 19 2014 at 6:25 AM

God bless this beautiful genius ,,, maybe our future president

frozenbull February 19 2014 at 6:22 AM

Hope she's got the right parents and support people around her . Some of these young gifted don't last long emotionally . Still got to let her play with dolls if that makes any sense . You know, what we adults call, "down time".

skjuice February 19 2014 at 8:36 AM

I've been looking for that kid........ that's who had stolen those 60 points from my I.Q. that I've been looking for..............~~~~~~~~~~~~> (wink, wink )