Powerball estimated jackpot surges to $400M

Jackpot Draws Hopeful Lottery Ticket Buyers
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Lottery officials say there was no jackpot winner in Saturday's Powerball drawing, adding the current estimated jackpot has jumped to $400 million or $227.8 million in cash value.

Powerball said the next drawing will be Wednesday, Feb. 19. It added in a statement that the previous estimated jackpot total was an annuitized $330.8 million, or $188.4 million as a cash option.

Powerball is played in 43 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The odds of matching all six numbers in the game are 1 in about 175 million, according to statistics pf the nonprofit Multi-State Lottery Association whose members offer one or more of the association's games.

FISHER February 16 2014 at 11:08 AM

Lot of comments say, spend it on friends, give to charity, give, give give....Hummm , sounds like Oboma...take from the Rich, give to the Handouts...If you win....save it...spend it on YOURSELF...If you want, give a little ...but don't be foolish...you might run out of $$$$

nyhuguenot FISHER February 16 2014 at 12:09 PM

It's practically impossible to run out of money. After you spend a few million to get your wants taken care of you still tave tens of millions to invested. Even at a rate of 6% $150 million yields about $9 million a year. If you donated the interest to charity and spent $3 million a year of the principle it would take you 50 years to spend it down to zero. You'd better get an advisor should you win or you'll be broke before you know it.

TERRY J. ANTON February 16 2014 at 11:06 AM

bought 120 dollars worht of anniversary scratsh off tickets and didnt win one penny

toddisit February 16 2014 at 11:06 AM

Yeah, I'm going to buy a ticket again and make some lucky stiff rich.

rmf774 February 16 2014 at 7:21 PM

I'd like to see 400 people receive $1MM each, than 1 person getting it all. May also be better for the economy.

lakers84 rmf774 February 16 2014 at 8:25 PM

why not have all the states put money into a pot..say 100 million each state...and put it all in the pot.. then do a drawing...which ever state wins....everybody who purchased a ticket in that state..wins a percentage of the total pot. just a thought... :)

YourFtr February 16 2014 at 6:36 PM

Unless you can buy a share of Netflix or Google or Facebook for $2 ;
there's really not anything you can do with $2
to better your financial condition.......

Tom P February 16 2014 at 5:17 PM

If I win it this will be my last comment I'll ever post

chadhorney February 16 2014 at 4:27 PM

My Daughter could spend that much money in a week and have nothing to show for it !!! Bruster Millions lol

adelerivera February 16 2014 at 11:17 AM

I would walk with the bindle, I am not greedy, I am content not rich, this will probably make my life a little easier, I don't owe any body money, so i would be able to enjoy my money between me and my love ones.

thesisters41 February 16 2014 at 3:23 PM

I want to know who is responsible for the hairstyling of Hillary Clinton. She should fire him/her pronto, and get a good stylist. Her hairdos lately make her look so tired. If she plans on running in 2016 she needs to be refreshed. I mean this in the kindest way. She should go back and look at past pictures when she looked really good (i.e.: hair, make-up, clothes, in other words when she had it together), she can well afford it. Call Anna Wintour and ask for suggestions or flat out help!

*Antje D & OMax* thesisters41 February 16 2014 at 4:52 PM

Oh BOY!!--- "What AVUNCULAR Suggestion. Olay!

mcgebr February 16 2014 at 2:45 PM

At least someone will win eventually

Chet mcgebr February 16 2014 at 5:02 PM

Gee climate change at it again., hogwash, tell it 2 the people on the East south and Midwest, that's not really snow and ice in amounts Never , R the dust bow West. My gosh, do some research, the weather has always came and gone in Cycles. sometimes more extreme than other times.the only part of that DS is it made Al Gore FICH.

1414201832650