Report: Julia Roberts' mother hospitalized

Report: Julia Roberts' Mother Hospitalized

According to several reports, the actress' mother, Betty Lou Motes, was hospitalized after Nancy Motes was found dead from an apparent drug overdose Feb. 9.

New York Daily News reports Los Angeles County Coroner officials confirmed the 79-year-old was in the hospital.

It's unclear what she is being treated for or how long she has been there.

But the Daily Mail points out Betty Lou did look "frail and visibly shaken" when she went to visit Roberts Tuesday - just two days after Nancy's death.

According to a statement released by Motes' family, the 37-year-old was found dead in a bathtub at a Los Angeles home where she was pet-sitting.

The Los Angeles County Coroner's office says both prescription and nonprescription drugs were found at the scene, but they haven't said for sure if drugs played a role in Nancy's death.

Also found at the scene - a lengthy suicide note. The coroner's office confirmed to Us Weekly that news to Us Weekly but wouldn't go into detail about the contents.

But a source told the New York Daily News the letter was a rant from Nancy about how Julia Roberts was the driving force behind her possible suicide.

An autopsy was scheduled for the day after her body was found, but it could take as long as 10 weeks for the cause of death to be determined. Roberts has yet to comment on the situation.

minicreampuff February 15 2014 at 7:05 PM

everything can be seen from many sides not just one or two sides, but many

it is so unkind to comment on a tortured soul, be it a living soul or one who is now on the other side

sensitivity is a quality everyone should cultivate while not adding insult to injury by judging

another persons personal private pain

Grammma Peg February 15 2014 at 1:32 PM

It is so sad when families have issues.Julia doesn't need this kind of coverage and her sister had her own troubles. Some people just won't help themselves...

bich February 15 2014 at 1:32 PM

Their is nothing worse then the loss of a child no matter what the age .....I understand this moms pain first hand it is unbearable ...may she find some sort of peace ........

Ronald Tilghman February 15 2014 at 7:41 PM

I'm sorry for this loss;;

barbara February 15 2014 at 7:44 PM

I feel really bad for the family that is left behind after someone decides to take their own life. Pointing fingers to this one or that one is not going to bring that person back. Even though there was a note the contents were apparently written by someone under the influence of drugs or whatever and this should be taken into consideration. Don't believe everything you read.

bigspin7 February 15 2014 at 1:31 PM

trash reporting as usual - why would you hurt someone with gossip - Julie doesn't need this and neither does the world

dutchhollo February 15 2014 at 1:31 PM

I do not know about the rest of you,but when I wake up that is a bonus to me. I know and have experienced Poor,Hunger,Semi Rich and so many other things in my life and I am at a loss as to why so many folks can not handle life.NEVER ever took drugs as I have NO need at all for that crap. No pot and no booze.No smokes of any kind. Just not worth it.I may regret this when I get old but for now at 84 plus I see no reason to regret.

ljhanaway dutchhollo February 15 2014 at 1:49 PM

dutchhollo,
Some are stronger than others and some have been beaten down all their lives. After a time, life is a chore, not a gift. You pat yourself on the back but the things you mention experiencing are all physical things, not the wrenching emotional pain some suffer. Until you experience what another has you are in no position to pass judgment. Right now, my heart goes out to the mother. A parent should never survive their child, there is no worse emotional pain I can think of.

kmommyx4 February 15 2014 at 1:30 PM

Im sorry this woman felt the need to take her own life, It is not Julia's fault. Thats just stupid talk. You were grown and your life was your own. Also all this Half sister talk is annoying also. Doesnt matter if you have a different damn parent~You are sisters and brothers period if you share at least one parent. Drives me nuts! My siblings are my siblings. I do not consider them my half siblings.

Karen February 15 2014 at 7:48 PM

So sorry. It doesn't matter whether you have fame or fortune, sadness is experienced in all families. This poor woman lost her child. I hope she can get some help and that the family can pull together and help each other. Everyone will be praying for the family.

Elaine February 15 2014 at 1:29 PM

Hope Julia doesn't blame herself the person who commits suicide they are responsible for their own actions and their own emotions.

1414196062149