Snow is so much better with dogs

Winter weather getting you down? Incessant snow storms and freezing temperatures have been wreaking havoc, but it's not all bad. These dogs know how to make the most of a snow day and might just cure your winter blues.

noknrc February 13 2014 at 3:24 PM

I do not know if they make snow better but my three love to play in the snow

ksmdaisy February 13 2014 at 6:30 PM

Such cute dogs and the pictures really "tell the story" ! My 3-year old little 9-lb Yorkie, Poodle, and Scottie mix LOVES the snow. She loves to burrow her nose into the snow drifts !! (Or, just the snow that is like 8 or 9 inches deep). She does NOT like it however when it is like below 15 (F) degrees or lower (like 10 or 15 minus zero PLUS wind chill which makes it colder). The pads of little feet get so cold. I have to massage her little feet after taking her outdoors. Boots are out of the question. She won't wear them. I can barely get her to wear her little doggie coat. She looks so ADORABLE in her coat. However, I do let her hair grow out in the winter months so that she has extra layer of hair/fur to keep her warm. And, yes, dogs do provide such unconditional love and acceptance...they (at least my little one) just love to love you ! It's contagious and I feel better myself.

sassy11967 February 13 2014 at 9:07 PM

If these dogs could talk, I'm sure they would say "Woo Hoo!"

marylfly sassy11967 February 14 2014 at 12:40 AM

Ah, but dogs do talk. All we have to do is listen.

kalico500 marylfly February 14 2014 at 3:20 AM

TRU DAT!!!

Flag +2 rate up
wau8374716 February 13 2014 at 10:03 PM

DOGS rule

ugiebugiebum February 13 2014 at 11:47 PM

My 5 pound Yorkie LOVED the snow and HATED the rain ! Me too.

kalico500 February 14 2014 at 3:19 AM

I'm sick to death of snow, but the doggies are having SO MUCH FUN!!! Can't help but smile!!1

brennemanbelkin February 14 2014 at 9:34 AM

"Snow is so much better with dogs"

Everything's better with dogs.

i2stepdou2 February 14 2014 at 10:08 AM

There are some cute pictures for sure, but did the owners of the dogs with long or very thick hair dry them off when they got inside?

I've had several dogs through the years that snow has gotten into the layers of fur and ice pellets would form between their toes and close to their skin on the rest of their bodies...took a lot of towels to get them dried off and remove all of the ice pellets and get them really dry as they would be wet once the snow melted. Thankfully, most of them loved the hair dryer! For those that didn't, I wrapped them in warm towels and kept that up until they were finally dry.

SumBreezeHuh February 14 2014 at 12:07 PM

The little doggy boots crack me up. Gotta get some for my pup.

Mik's $ Toy February 13 2014 at 6:18 PM

our golden retriever loved snow and rain and even with a dog house filled with straw and an old blanket he'd lay on a snow drift or in a puddle of water but our boxer hated both and would only go out to do his duty until he could no longer hold it