New 911 call shows terrifying road rage incident

New 911 Call Shows Terrifying Road Rage Incident

A newly-released 911 call shows the horror a North Carolina father named Christopher Jost experienced after a road rage incident that took place Saturday. His daughter was also in the car. 'Fox & Friends' has a look at the call:

CALLER: 'He just hit me four times now! Look, he just broke my window, broke my car. I'm freaking out. Jesus! He's trying to kill us.'

Authorities suspect the road rage driver was a man named Remy Gagnon.

WTVD reports Gagnon started hitting Jost's car 'for no apparent reason' as Jost and his daughter were heading home from the movies.

After his Saab was hit several times, the father pulled into a nearby Whole Foods parking lot, desperately trying to get to safety while he waited for police to arrive.

After Jost took his daughter into the store, employees reportedly subdued the other driver. According to ABC, police say the man might have been on drugs at the time of the incident.

Gagnon has reportedly been charged with several crimes.

Jost and his daughter don't want to appear on camera. Jost's sister told ABC that she's incredibly proud of her brother. 'He is an absolute hero,' she said.

aaldrew February 13 2014 at 9:25 AM

Hang him. Sicko.

noknrc February 13 2014 at 6:56 PM

The question is how will the police handle this drug head. Twenty to thirty in jail should help

Dean Sutton February 13 2014 at 6:58 PM

I often read about such attitudes of intentional assualt against other people, people who were minding their business. And there are always some who try to excuse, justify, and imply it the other person at fault; simply because the perpetrator was high on drugs, having a bad day, or maybe just decided to play the "knockout game" . That is BULLSH**!!!!!!

I remember well an occassion when a youg man who liked his street candy ( yellows, reds, weed, speed, etc.) would get his high on and go down the street thinking he was "one badass dude" kicking at people and doing his best "Karate/kungfu" on others. His Mama running along behind him telling others "Please don't hurt him, he is just sick". An elderly woman seen him coming down the street, she grabbed up a heavy stick from her garden, went after him, "Badass dude" went down as she comenced to flail his head and backside, he was finally able to get to his feet and ran across the street with her not to far behind. He picked speed and got away! Never did bother people again. He ran like the hounds of Hell were on his as whenever he looked up and seen the "elderly woman" coming. Did not need "Rehab" afterall!!!

For those of you who do not understand what I have just told you, I am telling you that making excuses or reasons to "Justify" bad behavior only encourages more bad behavior!!

neutralslamm Dean Sutton February 13 2014 at 7:08 PM

Practice what BULLSH you preach, your story does not justify the happy ending of shooting your character in the street, and you will go to prison if you do.

tmspitrow February 13 2014 at 7:10 PM

THE STUPID DRIVER IS VERY LUCKY IT WASN'T ME HE TRIED TO RUN OVER.
TO ME,THATS ATTEMPTED MURDER AND YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND YOURSELF.
I HOPE IT NEVER HAPPENS TO ME OR MY FAMILY.

elrod.porkmore tmspitrow February 13 2014 at 7:20 PM

abulet from a .45 will stop anengine very fast, if that doesn't and they continue it will sure stop

neutralslamm elrod.porkmore February 13 2014 at 9:42 PM

Hey dursur don't contradict elrod.porkmore he knows what he's talking about cuz' he once saw it happen in his favorite movie.

Flag 0 rate up
pinokeeo62 February 13 2014 at 10:28 AM

An anger management school will be needed.

copprhead pinokeeo62 February 13 2014 at 10:46 AM

NO good if you don't use what they teach

David S. February 13 2014 at 1:18 PM

You never know when some nut is going to target you......a few years ago, I merged onto an expressway. The guy thought I cut him off, which I did not. He followed me for about a mile until I reached my destination, flashing his lights at me and riding my bumper. Once he saw me with my cell phone to call the cops, he took off.

sachfoxo February 13 2014 at 12:57 PM

Hope all the Inmate's enjoy Dessert .

al12exb February 13 2014 at 8:04 AM

There needs to be a STIFF penalty for road rage individuals!

guitargirl0996 February 13 2014 at 11:00 AM

Somebody needs to tell this Gagnon douchebag that life is not a video game and he is not Vin Diesel.

WHAT A JACKASS!

tscsandite February 13 2014 at 10:25 AM

whole foods workers were able to subdue the guy. Well done!