AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

NBC: Costas out for a 2nd night of Sochi coverage

Bob Costas Out Another Night, Lauer Continues Prime-Time Olympic Coverage

An eye infection will keep Bob Costas off NBC's prime-time Olympic broadcast for a second straight night.

Costas said on a "Today" show phone call Wednesday that his eyes are so sensitive that they are tearing up even in dim light. Matt Lauer will again replace him.

Costas began the Olympics with a viral infection in his left eye, replacing his contact lenses with glasses. By Monday, the infection had spread to his right eye, both so reddened they became a topic of conversation for people watching the telecasts in the United States.

Lauer is doing double duty on the "Today" show, broadcast in mid-afternoon Sochi time and the prime-time broadcast done in the middle of the night local time.

More From You

375 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
edie86 February 13 2014 at 1:01 PM

Miss Bob Costas. Hope he gets better soon. I've had those eye infections and they are difficult to resolve.

Edie

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
edie86 February 13 2014 at 1:00 PM

I will miss Jeter, but I hope he does something baseball related. I have to keep seeing his lovely face and voice.

Edie

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
trlinhart February 13 2014 at 11:52 AM

ya matt not no bob costa!!get well soon
matt needs to retire a rich man is bad for nbc!! an ugly also

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
a214943 February 13 2014 at 11:29 AM

We re getting luckier each day he is missing! Go home Bob, stop ruining our Olympics!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Enrique Garcia February 13 2014 at 10:37 AM

For years I have had cataracts so I came up with some eye drops made from DMSO, silver and Vitamin C, all natural. As long as I have used them, my cataracts are well under control, otherwise I would have been blind by now. In minutes the eye drops get rid of floaters which doctors say isn't possible. I read and write a lot so I often get eye strain and in seconds they are gone. I can leave a bottle with my local NBC station is he wants. I know how to cure Stage IV cancer in 3 weeks so it isn't like I am devoid of understanding.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
JOHNNY February 13 2014 at 10:05 AM

They can take this Libtard off the air. If he want to talk politics not sports then get that kind of a show otherwise keep your mouth shut.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to JOHNNY's comment
Timothy February 13 2014 at 12:25 PM

Hello, "libtard" is not in the dictionary.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
lssrep February 13 2014 at 9:12 AM

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. This lib always spouted out hate with his big mouth. Go wipe your eyes.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
John Jessica February 13 2014 at 8:39 AM

As many others have commented, I used to enjoy Costas when he stuck to sports. But give someone a soap box and eventually they are going to abuse the privilege. I have been watching the "live" showings for most of the Olympics because those commentators stick to sports. This is all about the athletes and their sports activities should be the sole focus. I hope he has no lasting eye damage but honestly can't say I'm sorry that Bob is currently "in the pink".

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
dchodat February 13 2014 at 8:35 AM

He still wears contact lenses? Bob - laser eye surgery has been around for decades.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
frozenbull February 13 2014 at 7:49 AM

Go home Bob your not needed .

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down