nb_cid nb_clickOther -tt-nb this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage('http://www.aol.com/?mtmhp=acm50s247banner041514 network-banner-promo mtmhpBanner
AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Hundreds flock to 'weeping' Mary statue in Israel

JERUSALEM (AP) - Hundreds of people have flocked to a small town in northern Israel to view a statue of the Virgin Mary that residents say "weeps" oil.

Members of a Christian family from Tarshiha, near the Lebanon border, say they have witnessed a miracle in their living room.

Osama Khoury said Tuesday that his wife Amira found the statue "covered with oil" recently. Amira said the statue "spoke to her" and told her not to be afraid. After a neighbor witnessed the oil, word soon spread.

Parts of the statue appear to be slick with moisture, even after it is wiped off.

The family says it is most striking when a "tear" seems to roll down the statue's cheek. It says some 2,000 people have come to see the statue over the last week.

More From You

1208 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
julie.gregg1 February 13 2014 at 6:05 PM

I would like to have some of this oil. It would last in my container or on my skin a long time as compared to regular water based tears. I would like to wash Jesus's feet with this oil... Thank you Lord for giving Mary her plea to do this. Mary's message is always the same, "Peace" She is trying to lead us to her son. I love the Trinity. I honor Mary and the Saints, but Mary is truly the Mother of God....

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
AJSM49 February 13 2014 at 6:32 AM

Does anyone out there KNOW WHY "OIL" IS USED DURING a Cahtolic BAPTISIM, and again during LAST RITES?

NO ONE TAKES THE TIME TO UNDERSTAND > THE SYMBOLISM OF "HOLY OIL"

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to AJSM49's comment
tlkimminau February 14 2014 at 3:32 AM

Oil is symbolic, In olden days oil was put on wounds for healing. in baptism we are healed from the wound of original sin on or soul, (Aden and Eve) and water is symbolic washing and cleaning us from original sin.
But all of this is no good unless Jesus suffered and died and resurrected for our sins, and when we are baptized we become sons and daughters of God Through baptism, then we are to live a Sacramental life.
Baptism, Communion, Confirmation, confession, Anointing of sick, Marriage, Holy Orders (Priest Hood).
I hope this helps

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
AJSM49 February 13 2014 at 6:29 AM

TO DANNAPARK71
YE, of Little Faith< " Blessed are those who have NOT Seen, yet still believe!> "FAITH"
That's what the Bible says! AMEN ! AJSM49

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Jennie February 13 2014 at 5:21 AM

Jesus and Mary were Jewish. We would not know them; were it not for the Jews. There are Messianic Jews in the world. We are all to be united as "one new man" according to Jesus. His last words were Love one another.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
danapark71 February 13 2014 at 4:06 AM

Good grief, another weeping statue of Mother Mary that weeps oil. Why are people flocking to see what is obviously a ruse? I'm very surprised that The Vatican hasn't send one of their officials to check this out? I wonder if it's because the statue is in Israel? This could explain a lot more than most people might think. The Vatican has been ******* up to the Jews since the Simon Weiselthal center accused them of helping the Nazis. Maybe they let this one slide because it's great for Israel's tourism business which sucks in a lot of Christians who are ignorant of the way their own people are treated in Israel and all over the Middle East. Oil? Come on be more original and use salt water!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
lunarstruck February 13 2014 at 4:00 AM

She's crying because she's been seeing too many stupid, brainwashed people lately.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to lunarstruck's comment
tlkimminau February 14 2014 at 3:34 AM

Yah YOU, dip stick. LOL.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
fred February 12 2014 at 9:40 PM

Where's the statue of Jackie O, Elvis and Roy Orbison riding Majestic Prince or Canonaro?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
josevalle4 February 12 2014 at 9:31 PM

the weeping statue is a personal message for this family alone, perhaps they are suffering
hardship at this moment, nothing is impossble for God after all he did make a donkey talk

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to josevalle4's comment
alan_delon February 12 2014 at 10:43 PM

exactly, you are talking!!.........get real.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
1 reply to alan_delon's comment
josevalle4 February 12 2014 at 10:55 PM

No I was typing, may one day our lord will give you a spiritual senses

Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
shulmjs February 12 2014 at 9:09 PM

THOUGHT THAT SHE WOULD BE BLONDE, BUT THE NOSE? RATHER LONG..... NOT A GOOD PITCURE........... TRY AGAIN.........ALSO WOMAN WERE RATHER FATTER.. GIVING THE FOOD THAT THEY HADTO EAT.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to shulmjs's comment
danapark71 February 13 2014 at 4:12 AM

It's a statue shulmjs. Every statue is different. The interpretation of the artist is the only real explanation. No one living today actually knows what Mother Mary really looked like. I suppose she looked like a Jewish woman. Jewish people come in all colors and shapes. I would guess she would be dark haired and dark eyed seeing the Jews had not yet spread out to other parts of the world. What difference does it make anyway? The statue is purely for the family that has it to enjoy. The oil, yes I do question that. But one never knows as all things are possible through the Lord. I just find the location an extreme coincidence.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
jandobridge February 12 2014 at 8:32 PM

I've been playing PCH games for years and complained today because their games weren't working right. Now I've been cut off and can't play any of them. Not only that they took away some more of my tokens that I earned. I guess years of buying magazines from them doesn't mean much.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down