Weekend tech maintenance to affect HealthCare.gov

Poll Health Overhaul

WASHINGTON (AP) - This time, they're giving you notice.

Some consumers won't be able to finish their online health insurance applications this weekend because Social Security's computer system will be undergoing heavy maintenance. It will not be able to verify Social Security numbers and certain other personal details needed for coverage under President Barack Obama's health care law.

The federal Health and Human Services department said Monday the maintenance will start at 3 p.m. Eastern time Saturday, February 15, and end at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, February 18. Other parts of HealthCare.gov will be functioning.

The 15th of the month is the deadline to apply for coverage to start on the 1st of the following month. Consumers affected should contact the federal call center (800-318-2596) on Tuesday to arrange for coverage March 1.

Linda February 11 2014 at 10:57 AM

Obama care is such a farce.

junelee0319 February 10 2014 at 9:32 PM

One Big SNAFU after another

tominssales junelee0319 February 10 2014 at 11:25 PM

This brought to us by the GOPTEA - The 16 day - 26 BILLION dollar costing shutdown is the cause. It's a FACT - look it up people. Oh yeah, sorry Righty morons - Forgot that FACT is a bad 4 letter word and that they don't have THOSE on FOX.

gunnyday February 10 2014 at 9:23 PM

Like many American citizens, I would like nothing better to see this Obama care to just go away, and maybe him with it.

Sal February 10 2014 at 8:59 PM

Planned Maintenance? BS...it goes down this time every week. Check it out yourself. You people are so gullable

littlebuck1106 February 10 2014 at 8:54 PM

Obamacare my ASS!!!! another stupid JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN WE FIND A REPLACEMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grimesclrcbg littlebuck1106 February 10 2014 at 9:38 PM

I did not vote for him, but what bothers me he how did he get in for a 2nd term. When he was re-elected I was floored, who in their right mind would believe all of his crap. I'm blessed I have Medicare and Military Ins for life, thanks to my now deceased husband who put 34 years in the US Navy. The only drawback is that if Medicare does not cover my medical care then the Military won't. I'm in San Diego, we do have a Military hospital available for both military and civilian persons. Then we have the good ole VA hospital. I'd like to wish everyone affected by Obamacare the best of luck. Peace.....

jwm347 February 10 2014 at 8:32 PM

Look, I'm not going to go into obamacares flaws, to which there are many. I'm not going to go into how he changes the rules about who is required to be covered for political posturing. I'm not going to go into a broken website.
I'm just plain and simply going to say "Obama sucks."

zcruzer February 10 2014 at 8:32 PM

Typical Obamaturd tactics...delay and delay. What do you really expect from a guy that has never hired anyone or run anything in his entire life besides community activism and an associate professor position that isn't responsible for anything but grading papers.

ssf1183 zcruzer February 10 2014 at 9:05 PM

Wait now. he scooped ice cream at a Baskin-Robbins in Honolulu .... or so they say!

rickowens1950 February 10 2014 at 8:23 PM

Crash and burn, me thinks a higher power has a hand in this!

ssf1183 rickowens1950 February 10 2014 at 9:06 PM

He thinks he's the higher power and I didn't vote for him!

Al Douvier February 10 2014 at 8:19 PM

This health care should never have b een voted in & supreme court screwed up badly. Evey one was happy with there insurance coverage, why mess that up?
Now just think of the results, many lost their coverage, the new plan is making coverage so mich more costly & the medical care wont near as good, if at all.
We term limits for house & senate members, & also supreme court justices. Our government is failing , member when sworn in place there handle on the bible, but after that they do as they please, which means they all look out for them selves first.
We need change a.s.a.p.

wveternkorea February 10 2014 at 8:19 PM

i think hes got to go hes done as much as he came 2 do to kill our country go someplace please obama

ssf1183 wveternkorea February 10 2014 at 9:08 PM

Back home would be great and I don't mean Hawaii...

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal