AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

U2, Timberlake, Obama to appear on new Fallon show

NEW YORK (AP) - Jimmy Fallon is premiering his new show with a bang.

NBC announced Monday that Will Smith will appear on the Feb. 17 debut of "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon." U2 will perform.

Justin Timberlake will close out the week, which will also include appearances by first lady Michelle Obama, Will Ferrell, Bradley Cooper, Kristen Wiig and Jerry Seinfeld.

Lady Gaga, Arcade Fire and Tim McGraw will perform during the week.

The first four episodes of Fallon's new show will air at midnight following the Sochi Winter Olympics. Its regular time slot is 11:35 p.m. Eastern.

Fallon replaces Jay Leno, who hosted "The Tonight Show" for 22 years. "Saturday Night Live" alum Seth Meyers is Fallon's successor; his "Late Night" show debuts Feb. 24.

More From You

276 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
Hay its Sheldon February 11 2014 at 3:20 PM

FOX network give Jay a time slot on your network, don't restrict Jay on his stance on politics like NBC did. Don't force Jay to 'like" Obama like NBC does.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Laura February 11 2014 at 3:13 PM

Craig Ferguson is the best late night host. He's always funny and so is his quirky entourage....sidekick Geoff, the robot skeleton, Secretariat and his make believe bandleader. He's the only one we always watch.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
precioushrt63 February 11 2014 at 2:42 PM

I'll watch most of them , excelpt for Will Smith , after seeing him roll on the floor laughing after Opra ask him how did he feel about obama being elected.....and you know why he was laughing ...thats ok Will you then lost me as a fan ....I havent watched a movie of his sence....

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to precioushrt63's comment
Hay its Sheldon February 11 2014 at 3:22 PM

I don't like Obama at all and I do not like Will either but he was right about laughing about it.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
AnnieGee February 11 2014 at 2:19 PM

NBC just committed suicide by letting Jay Leno go. It is obvious who ever made the decision to let Leno go is clueless and has loss touch with its viewers. Leno has proven himself for 22 years with the best ratings ever, "What Does That Tell You NBC"? Its obvious who ever is running the show at NBC, You Are In The Dark. I'm very disappointed at how Leno was treated, it was a disgrace the first time they asked him to leave , this second good by was painful, tearful and disrespectful. If that is the way you treat a man who has such talent, wit and maintained #1 ratings for this network You Do Not Deserve Leno. Leno's class act deserves better, so much better, NBC you were sitting on a gold mine and too dumm to know it. Whom ever made the decision to let leno go, should be asked to leave NBC. NBC has surely lost its way. And then to put Fallon in Leno's place, how ridiculas is that. Fallon is silly, laughs at eveything, unble to conduct an interview, does not elicit any useful, humorous entertaining value what so ever. Fallon depends on his guests to carry the show. It is annoying to watch and listen to. NBC just got rid of their golden goose. Get ready for free fall NBC! Its time you pay the price for your ignorance, supreme negligence and callus blinding disregard. How dare you let Leno go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to AnnieGee's comment
Hay its Sheldon February 11 2014 at 3:23 PM

There is a chance, just a chance, a small chance that brain dead people will watch him.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to Hay its Sheldon's comment
userpat7248 February 11 2014 at 9:19 PM

That would have been Conan.

Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Judy Pittman February 11 2014 at 2:15 PM

So...if you don't like politians on late night, tha'ts fine, but if they happen to be black and you don't want them on, then you are racists. Really people...stop!

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
1 reply to Judy Pittman's comment
violetvalerieviolet February 11 2014 at 2:32 PM

flotus may be unpopular in ur circle of friends but overall the country most people like her

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
graygrgg35 February 11 2014 at 1:22 PM

Late night television is just not what it used to be . . . not very entertaining nor as funny as it once was, regardless of the network. I believe that having a political person like the first lADY on the first week is a strategic mistake-- NBC has no clue who Fallon's audience will be but having unpopular White House rtesidents will not attract the demos NBC will need

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
RAZOR-RON February 11 2014 at 1:15 PM

RAZOR-RON 5 hours ago
THE AMERICAM DREAM COME TRUE! : THIS BARBER SHOULD BE HIS FIRST GUEST! GOOD LUCK JIMMY-WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU NO MATTER WHO YOUR GUESTS ARE!
JIMMY FALLON STOLE MY SNICKER BAR!

Once upon a time, 20 years ago(1993): The Jimmy Fallon Story
There once was a young college kid who I met one day and he explained to me that he wasn't very happy going to college. He really wanted to do stand-up comedy. He said his idol was Adam Sandler. He seemed to be a nice clean-cut, drug-free guy and I got a good vibe from him. It just so happed, by chance, I knew of an audition the very next morning for comedy sketch pilot. A friend of mine with a lot of connections was the producer of the pilot. The college kid said that sounded great, however, he wasn't from this area and had no idea where the audition was and that he was on college budget and had no car. Not normally my nature, I offered this stranger a ride to the audition the next morning. He wrote down directions to his dormitory and said he would be ready. The next morning I was in a rush to go to work, but remembered my promise to this kid. So I finally found his place and beeped my horn.Then, I beeped my horn again. No college kid. Maybe this kid forgot? Thought he met a crazy guy? I don't know, but decided to give him one more chance and went and knocked on his door. The door opens and the college kid was still in his boxers and t-shirt, "Oh yeah, the audition!" He rushed to get ready and we hurriedly drove to the audition-VERY LATE.(HE WAS SO NERVOUS, HE STOLE MY SNICKER BAR OFF MY DASHBOARD, BUT IT AT LEAST CALMED HIM DOWN, TO COMPOSE HIMSELF). There were 200 people already signed in on the clip board. Crammed in a small house in Troy, NY I decided to wait with him. Then my friend who was the producer walked in. He looked around, seen me and came over me. He said," hey Ron!, you came to audition?... I said," No, not me, Donald. I bought a friend the that I would like to introduce to you. Mr. Metzner, I would like you to meet Jimmy , he goes to St. Rose College and he wants to be a comedian. "Nice to meet you Jimmy, any friend of Razor Ron is friend of mine." Jimmy was first by-passed, but was re-considered to stay on as writer. My producer friend Donald Metzner, stepped in and asked the director to give Jimmy a second look....and the rest is history for Jimmy Fallon.
That summer of 1994 , Donald Metzner put Razor Ron and Jimmy Fallon in a commercial together, featuring the "7-up Guy": late Jamaican actor Geoffrey Holder. It was Jimmy's first TV appearance. Jimmy quit college and was sent to California by Metzner and Peter Iselin ( founder of Metroland Magazine) to pursue his dreams and bring to our world his magical talent to make us laugh.
He is now best friends with Adam Sandler. Since then, I never seen or heard from Jimmy again.
Sincerely,
Razor Ron LaFalce http://youtu.be/v0XKdBLlXx0

Reply Flag as Abusive -3 rate up rate down
joetee72 February 11 2014 at 1:03 PM

Hate to say it, but they are searching for another Johnny Carson, and it can't be done. Tired of the all politicos on these late night shows. When I want to watch politicians there are other channels to go to.
Cutsie politicians making cutsie comments on late night is not quite entertainment.

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
snowydayscoming February 11 2014 at 1:02 PM

Will find some thing else to watch. Letterman to far left for me, Fallon? questionable. Craig Ferguson is my last show before I go to sleep. Until that time Natl Geo or re-runs will do me fine.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
AP February 11 2014 at 12:48 PM

I won't be watching Fallon other than to catch U2 perform. The rest of the time I will be watching Dave and Craig over on CBS. It has nothing to do with my political views (although i see there are indeed many people who like to post racist comments about the President and his wife). I just don't feel Fallon is right for The Tonight Show, but then I also feel like NBC is trying to cram all the ex-SNL'ers they can down our throats, and really, for me that show isn't what it once was, even in the late 90s I found it funnier than it is now. NBC did not learn from 2009, plain and simple. Jay, you have my support. Fallon has some huge shoes to fill, and I'm really doubtful that he can do it.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down