AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Galavis discusses gay remarks

'GMA': 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Galavis Discusses Gay Remarks

'The Bachelor' star Juan Pablo Galavis appeared on 'Good Morning America' Monday, and he discussed the infamous remarks that landed him in hot water.

He drew major criticism last month for comments he made when asked whether there should be a gay or homosexual 'Bachelor.'

Juan Pablo said he thought it would be a bad example, and used the word 'pervert' in his response to reporters. Now, he's explaining his side of the story.

'It was a misuse of a word in English, that I, like I said, people don't understand it,' he said.
'I've been around gay people all my life, I have a cousin who's gay, his sister's a nun, so they've been around my house all my life. To me it was a misunderstanding.'

Juan Pablo told 'GMA' that sometimes he uses the wrong words and has to type them into Google.

TVLine reports that Juan Pablo did receive backlash from the network for his comments. ABC and the show's producers called his remarks quote 'thoughtless' and 'insensitive.'

In closing, Juan Pablo told ABC's George Stephanopoulos that he respects everyone just as they are.

What do you think? Talk to us in the comments below.

More From You

258 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
Master Mike February 12 2014 at 4:11 AM

Gays I know deny they have the political and social power now, but this is just another example of proof the other way. Duck Dynasty was anotehr example. What "oppressed" group wields such power?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Eric February 11 2014 at 1:25 PM

Get ready for next season "Transexual Bachelor/Bachelorette: You Decide"

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
tomnewhope February 11 2014 at 11:11 AM

the truth is the truth, go and read Romans 9 in the bible and find what Christ says about it.....

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
kariebabi February 11 2014 at 11:10 AM

Juan's English is iffy enough for me to believe he didn't know the exact word he wanted. Anyone who has taken a foreign language knows that learning the nuances of word meanings is important to getting across exactly what one means, and learning enough vocabulary in a new language to be able to do just that takes some years!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
tricia1912 February 11 2014 at 10:51 AM

I never understood all the gushing by so many females over this guy,this season of The Bachelor is the most boring EVER,he only knows three things,kissing,pushing back the girl's hair anf saying "trust me" he is on their for his thirty seconds of fame,he knows nothing about any of the women,I would like to see Chris as the bachelor,at least he can talk,I am sure he can say more than,"this is the final rose ladies...gotta love him.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
d11858 February 11 2014 at 10:44 AM

He is the worst bachelor ever!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
frnkk.mil February 11 2014 at 10:29 AM

This is a must see. Google the term CRAZY RICH CASH and go to the top site. Click on the PENNY STOCK page and get your share of the rich man's cash today.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
KAHUNA717 February 11 2014 at 10:25 AM

Big deal!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
john702 February 11 2014 at 10:25 AM

To be honest I really don't care what he said. I can't beleive that anyone would really care what he has to say. It was thoughtless and cruel and not worth all this attention it is getting. People like him do not deserve all this attention. The only good coming out of it is the young ladies will see what kind of person he really is and really can do so much better then this man.

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
busybee070 February 11 2014 at 10:22 AM

this guy was very poor choice for this program to begin with. He never mentions the mother of his child, is she dead, or living and what is the relationship since they were never married. Any person in their right mind would run from him not to him.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down