Sochi 2014: Olympic medal count by country

Patrick February 10 2014 at 9:58 PM

So proud of my Canadian countrymen...and women!

GO CANADA, GO!!

Also...good luck to the other countries' atheletes!

ae12wrangell February 10 2014 at 11:50 PM

First off AOL might want to update it's chart.
Russia was in the Modern Olympic's before it was taken over as the Soviet Union. 1896, 1900, 1904, 1908, 1912, 1916 were all under the former Russian Government. Then the Bolshevik's came, Czar Nicholas and Family were executed, and Russia ceased to exist as such, and would later become the Union of Soviet Socialist Republic(or as we called it the Soviet Union). So why not keep those medals in the current tally?
Then there is the Czech Republic. Czechoslovalia did win several medals as a country of it's own. So why not include them in the grand total?
Bosnia, Herzegovenia and Croatia were all part of what was Yugoslavia, so why not include Yugoslavia's medals in each?

mldspenser ae12wrangell February 11 2014 at 1:41 AM

good point.

But please stop writing it's for the possessive pronoun. You don't write hi's and her's.

WESLEY mldspenser February 11 2014 at 2:38 AM

How about me"s and Thems

Flag 0 rate up
campbell1221 February 10 2014 at 3:42 PM

I'm surprised Switzerland hasn't done better. With the Swiss alps and their fondness for skiing.

Pllc15 February 10 2014 at 6:13 PM

My observation is: Olympics no longer has the political rivalry that it once did today. I look upon sharing the individual accolades and achievements (even the tragedies) coming from those young athletes who earned their berth to participate in the Olympics. Yes, I'll root for the U.S but not to the overriding extent I once did when they fell short of a medal.

punnster February 10 2014 at 11:16 PM

I'm proud of all the Olympic athletes and appreciate all the effort it took for each of them to get there. I can't help but be impressed with their abilities. I have come to have a respect for curling. When I first saw just the superficial viewing on it, I thought it was kind of silly. But after taking the time at this Olympic to watch it closely I realized it was a combination of physical control, teamwork, chess and billiards.

Newquest February 10 2014 at 1:59 PM

GO AMERICA!!!

campbell1221 Newquest February 10 2014 at 3:43 PM

To bad Norway is winning, yeah.

Marlena February 10 2014 at 2:42 PM

U S A
U S A

Dorth February 11 2014 at 1:37 AM

GO USA GO!!! MILLER FOR THE HOCKEY TEAM IS OUR HOME GOALIE ! OF COURSE BUFFALO, NY NOT A GOOD TEAM, BUT A FANTASTIC GOALIE!! HE WILL STOP THOSE PUCKS. GO USA GO!

jc154139 February 11 2014 at 8:06 AM

GO USA....................

Jay February 10 2014 at 7:16 PM

Why is it America seems to be the only nation on the planet that concerns itself with medal totals? It is not like there is anything to win or that you get another medal for coming in first. It seems that like always we are showng our a**es off to everyone and then we sit there in bewilderment when we cannot understand why America is now so hatedf by most people.