nb_cid nb_clickOther -tt-nb this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage('http://www.aol.com/?mtmhp=acm50s247banner041514 network-banner-promo mtmhpBanner
AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Man travels 1,000 miles to claim fake prize

Man Travels Over 1,000 Miles For Fake Lottery Jackpot

According to the BBC, an unemployed villager traveled more than 1,000 miles for a prize that never existed. Ratan Kumar Malbisoi, 41, got a text message informing him that he had won a jackpot prize of 20-30 million rupees (about $319-$478 thousand dollars). Malbisoi borrowed money to make the journey, only to find out the money never existed.

More From You

120 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
abasidayeami February 10 2014 at 10:16 PM

Its a shame how people can manipulate others when they find th easy to grap. I never knew tht 419 is practiced elsewhere. may God forgive all of them

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
abcstarfox 2013 February 10 2014 at 9:28 PM

Amazing. You worthless political posters have nothing but politicl attacks,
because you are so desperate for attention, you will say anything.

This is a con job....and this man is the victim, but....all it means to you,
is another opportunity for you brainless slime buckets to indulge in your
sick pleasure and attack him......NOT THE VILLIAN.

How worthless can you get?

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Gwen February 10 2014 at 8:37 PM

so glad to have the snow melted in Lane Co wow we are not use to this cold weather we where out of power for a day I hated it I love my T V lol but we Lane Co folks are tough we made it god bless you all hope you all have lights today we are happy & warm love to you all Gwen and Sara kay

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
waelj February 10 2014 at 7:29 PM

thats what happen to me one day i get letter and told me i win 80.000 dollar i call the number show on aletter .they told me go ahead and cash casher check for 2500 dollar after you cashed call us to tell you how you will get the rest of the money which is 77500 dollar i went to my bank and i cashed the check when i came back i call the same number look what happen i have to send 1500 dollar with moneygram to some name in london so i waite 4 days to do that the third day my bank call me and told me the cashir check is fake so i have to give my bank money back if i did what they told me i will lose the 1500 dollar this is anew criminal way every one be carfull

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
TaRAa L0VeSs YoU February 10 2014 at 6:15 PM

How do people think they won a lottery or contest they never entered? also, if somehow money is owed you from a foreign country and they want "fees" to release it, tell them to take it from your lottery. If anyone thinks third world animals "give" anything to anyone you deserve to be duped.they don't feed thier own families.

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
1 reply to TaRAa L0VeSs YoU's comment
hccbillandpat February 10 2014 at 10:10 PM

people are greedy amd always trying to get something for nothing. Serves him right.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
LL February 10 2014 at 6:12 PM

"THESE" are the ultimate "Super Criminals" of society, who under the umbrella of the Christian God, (but never Allah, mind you !!! ) perpetrate all manner of fraud upon the weak, the elderly, and the desperate, and even pirates can be seen coming with their ill intent - but these COWARDS sneak up on society in the most cloak & dagger ways, and this so much so, that I just don't understand why the law enforcement community not sees them as the "Elite Terrorists" of the Human Race ???

May God curse you forever, for having this poor man travel 1,000 miles for your lies !!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
fdllouis February 10 2014 at 5:02 PM

If I were to provide my social security number and a valid bank account, I could bankrupt the financial system in Nigeria in 2 hours. Scammers have "offered" me more money in cash and prizes worth 3 times more than Nigeria's GDP. LOL

Reply Flag as Abusive +5 rate up rate down
parmrh February 10 2014 at 4:54 PM

Can`t wait for the movie.....

" Slumdog Zeronaire "

( I feel the same way every time my wife checks our Lottery Tickets.)

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
msmelo75 February 10 2014 at 4:50 PM

Here, it in the movie is entitled, "Nebraska"...

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
awakenevil February 10 2014 at 4:44 PM

Some people do not deserve to get on the internet

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down