Fox's 'X Factor' ending after 3 seasons

LOS ANGELES (AP) - "The X Factor" is ending after three seasons.

Fox and the show's production companies announced Friday that the U.S. edition of the singing competition won't be coming back this fall.

"X Factor" head judge and creator-executive producer Simon Cowell will instead return to the U.K. version of the show later this year.

"I've had a fantastic time over the last 12 years, both on 'The X Factor' and 'American Idol,'" Cowell said in a statement. "And apart from being lucky enough to find some amazing talent on the shows, I have always had an incredible welcome from the American public - most of the time!"

The acerbic judge initially predicted that "X Factor" would be a major hit before its 2011 debut, but the show never garnered stellar ratings, which continued to dip in last year's third season.

The show's hosts and judging panel was revamped each season with Paul Abdul, Antonio "L.A." Reid, Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Kelly Rowland among those joining Cowell on the panel.

Simon Cowell To Return As Judge On UK's X Factor

aljsoulmates February 08 2014 at 12:29 PM

I am glad it is over because I felt that the couple who won were not the best singers. Simon touted them throughout the entire competition and influenced viewers to vote for them. This was not fair to the other contestants whom did not have Simon as their mentor.

Melda February 08 2014 at 12:30 AM

Man you got my hopes up. I thought American idol was FInally done!

ouw41 February 08 2014 at 10:55 AM

All I have to say is thank you! It was the most put on crap reality show! ...
Watched it a few times and it was terrible...

meemeepit February 08 2014 at 10:52 AM

when was it on? MY BAD….did not watch never ever knew it was a show!!!

and now it is GONE….OH WELL sooo sad and to BAD...

ganrattan February 08 2014 at 10:46 AM

Way to many of these shows. I never watched it but my wife did. Lots of talent out there. Maybe they could try Youtube. Thats where they found Justin Beiber, no wait a minute, he is more trouble than he is worth. lol

clarkkentdlyplnt ganrattan February 08 2014 at 10:49 AM

Did you say "talent" and Justin Beiber in the same paragraph ??????

ganrattan clarkkentdlyplnt February 08 2014 at 10:59 AM

My bad

Flag +2 rate up
trg44 February 08 2014 at 10:36 AM

Who really cares. He's to busy with his new love and bay that his wife or girlfriend told him NO you will be my helper.

Irene February 08 2014 at 12:57 AM

I did not care for any of the judges but I am glad they found Alex and Sierra before canceling the show.

lowbug February 08 2014 at 10:35 AM

How many of these shows do we need? How many ARE there?

Jeannie lowbug February 08 2014 at 10:43 AM

TOO MANY!

rockeroll68 February 08 2014 at 10:34 AM

Finally! Nothing against Simon but these sort of shows are beat to death already. How many of them do we really need? Not to mention all the other types of 'reality' programming where someone gets eliminated every week. Maybe...just maybe people are starting to get it by saying too much is always too much.

rgbysheast rockeroll68 February 08 2014 at 10:47 AM

do we need another reality show like Dynasty NO NO NO what a disservice Si is when talking about his Nam time.....Rich middle class lawyers not rednecks

lpoonturbo February 08 2014 at 10:31 AM

The past season was really boring, all judges are boring! Why Simon created the same kind of show to against American idol ?

joevanvactor lpoonturbo February 08 2014 at 10:34 AM

Because of his supreme ego.