At NYFW, whoever's next to Anna Wintour has the best seat in the house
For celebrities, sitting front row at Fashion Week is pretty much a given - but what happens when you find out that you're sitting alongside the Anna Wintour? The Vogue editrix is famous for her self-assured, slightly intimidating, poker-faced Fashion Week presence, and earning a seat next to her could easily be a dream come true for most fashion-loving celebs. It also sets in motion a longtime industry superstition: does earning a coveted spot next to Anna also nab you a Vogue cover?
- Anna gave the smile seen 'round the world when she sat next to Harper Beckham (and her dad David) at Victoria Beckham's Spring 2014 show in New York.
- Anna and Nicole were just a stone's throw away from each other at Calvin Klein's Spring 2014 show.
- Who else would Anna sit next to in the front row at Gucci's Spring 2014 show but Vogue's two-time cover girl Blake Lively?
- Sofia, Anna, and the Fanning girls made a striking group at Marc Jacobs's final show for Louis Vuitton.
- Alicia, Maria, and Anna sat next to each other in the front row at Jason Wu's Spring 2014 show.
- Anna sat next to the combo guard at Rag & Bone's Spring 2014 show.
- When you're Salma Hayek (wife of Francois-Henri Pinault, the guy who owns Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent), there's really nowhere else to sit but right next to Anna.
- Kate Bosworth sat pretty with Anna at the Thakoon Spring show in 2007. She was subsequently featured on the cover of Vogue's February 2008 issue.
- Zero Dark Thirty star Jessica Chastain sat front row with Anna at the Saint Laurent show in October 2012.
Anna Wintour sat between Donatella Versace and Francois-Henri Pinault, who was with his wife, Salma Hayek, at the Christopher Kane Fall 2013 show in London. Salma has only appeared once on the cover of Vogue, in 2005.
Just in time for the start of Fashion Week, we're taking a look back at some of the stars who have been seated next to Anna during the shows.
More photos of Anna Wintour at Fashion Week.
More from POPSUGAR:
Get to Know the 20 Best Dressed Women at Fashion Week
The Street Style Stars We're Totally Crushing On
The Top 11 Trends For Spring 2014
A Backstage Pass Into Fashion's Most Covetable Homes