AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Researchers find we've all been eating burgers incorrectly

Researchers Find We've All Been Eating Burgers Incorrectly

Apparently we've all been eating our burgers the wrong way. According to 'Fox & Friends,' researchers have found a better way to do it.

'Researchers in Japan say that most of us eat our hamburgers with four fingers on the top and thumbs on the bottom. But instead, they say the best way to do this is to actually put your pinkies and your thumbs on the bottom.'

So why is it better to have your pinkies and thumbs on the bottom of the burger?

Daily Mail points out that it's better for keeping all the good stuff from falling out of your sandwich - and it keeps the bottom secure. It reportedly took researchers four months to determine the best method. Yes. That long.

Apparently that's not the only way to ensure you enjoy your burger. WJXT has a couple other ideas: 'Researchers also suggest not to hold the burger too tightly, and to warm up your mouth muscles before eating.'

We aren't sure how you're supposed to warm up your mouth muscles ... so you're on your own with that one.

More From You

257 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
elrod.porkmore February 06 2014 at 6:59 PM

I figured they were going to say we should just shove them up or bu**s

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
lthrnck68 February 06 2014 at 6:49 PM

Half the fun of eating a burger is everything sliding away from the bite in the first place. The thumb/pinkie method would take away from the fun.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
mcpackerfan February 06 2014 at 3:38 PM

Japanese don't like they way I eat sushi either.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to mcpackerfan's comment
Pinot Man February 06 2014 at 5:51 PM

AMEN

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
MacD3inCBUS February 06 2014 at 3:36 PM

Been doing it this way for years. They should have just asked me. I would have only charged half the cost it took to complete this study.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
dickn2000b February 06 2014 at 2:35 PM

What every one of these "researchers" need are very high colonics.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
vahendren February 06 2014 at 2:25 PM

Doesn't Japan have bigger problems that researchers could research than how to hold a burger? Surely there were government grants involved (and you think the United States is bad about throwing away money). Do they even eat hamburgers in Japan?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
JACK February 06 2014 at 11:55 AM

Oh my bad, didn't have my glases on. I thought it said buggers.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
marceisennj February 06 2014 at 11:52 AM

The top of the bun is usually larger, so also turn the burger over to keep more of the good stuff inside.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
VegCon February 06 2014 at 11:34 AM

Humane burgers are the Conscious food to eat requiring no murdering of animals, veggie burgers are humane, healthy and environmentally friendly

Reply Flag as Abusive -4 rate up rate down
1 reply to VegCon's comment
merlin1156 February 06 2014 at 1:35 PM

ou eat what you want and I will eat what I want, You leave me alone and I will leave you alone to do what each of us want to do and have a RIGHT to do without slamming or trying to tell each other we are wrong. As long as we do this then we do not have a problem and if not so then we have a problem and then you need to move out to that pasture full of bull s*** that seem to want to protect so much from the rest of us.

Reply Flag as Abusive -2 rate up rate down
bbh907 February 06 2014 at 10:59 AM

WOW!! All these years I've been eating hamburgers and now I find out I've been doing it wrong! Thanks to this research team for setting me straight! Seriously,who thinks this stuff up? Isn't there other things to research,like maybe a cure for cancer!?

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down