Did 'Biggest Loser' Rachel Frederickson lose too much weight?

"The Biggest Loser" crowned its latest champion on the season 15 finale -- and it all came down to Rachel Frederickson vs. David Brown.

Yep, 24-year-old Rachel lost an amazing 155 lbs. since starting the show. That's almost 60 percent of her body weight: she went from 260 lbs. to 105. But she gained $250,000 in prize money.

The 'Today' show blog notes Rachel's win was record-breaking -- she lost a higher percentage of weight than any other contestant in the history of the show.

And while fans were excited for her big win -- some bloggers were concerned that Rachel dropped too much weight. EW said she looked "skinny-skinny," even by Hollywood standards.

BuddyTV was concerned, too: "Rachel has been such an inspiration and athlete all season. As soon as she is revealed, I can't help but think she looks way too thin, right? I don't know ... she just seems to have taken her competitive nature way too far."

And E! found that at 5'4", Rachel was underweight. According to Weight Watchers, the healthy weight range for Rachel's height is between 117 lbs. and 146.

'Biggest Loser' Finale's Record-Breaking Win

sell21 February 05 2014 at 7:45 AM

Its always such a big shock to see them after they leave the ranch and then come back for the final !!!! Makes you wonder once they are away from the ranch what they are really doing or taking to loose all that final weight !!!!

scottee sell21 February 05 2014 at 7:49 AM

they are given a trainer and a gym membership. nothing else, I don't think.

Tammy sell21 February 05 2014 at 7:57 AM

Plastic surgery. Absolutely.

scottee February 05 2014 at 7:48 AM

it was about $250,000 in this tough economy. she can gain some back.

kluj1 February 05 2014 at 7:55 AM

ill take slim rachel and worry about the restr later

mkatand2dogs February 05 2014 at 8:04 AM

To me she looked like someone dealing with anorexia but that could be solely due to the shocking amount of weight she dropped. I just hope she's ok medically. She weighed in at 105 and if she's supposed to be between 117 and 146 then she may have a harder time with putting some weight back on and not gaining too much of it back. 1/4 of a million after taxes.....she'll still be able to get lots of new clothes to fit her new body size. As long as her health is not adversely affected then good for her!

mnwishbone mkatand2dogs February 05 2014 at 9:45 PM

146 would be obese for her.

Kevin Caldwell February 05 2014 at 8:04 AM

To much, not enough, to much, not enough, to much, not enough, the sky blue, no it's gray, the water is to hot, the water is to cold. Is this the country we have become, a country of constant agitation just to create a story.

tamiakh1989 February 05 2014 at 8:17 AM

I agree that she should be careful (I'm 5 even and 105 is a skip and hop a way from underweight), but honestly women just cannot catch a break. We're either too fat or too skinny.

Dee February 05 2014 at 8:21 AM

All for money? Not for health? But will she keep any of it off.......or die first?

fancious22 February 05 2014 at 8:50 AM

My comment was not meant to be mean or jealous, rather an explanation of how the loss may have occured. I applaud anyone who loses poundage, especially if it had been there for a long time. I have lost hundreds of pounds myself over the years, but yes, it is hard to "keep it off"
However, if someone put on say a hundred pounds or so, just to get on the show, then the recent weight lost will come off more quickly. Not to healthy for the body, but we do strange things for money.

Raejean February 05 2014 at 8:52 AM

She is lovely but I agree that she might have gone a few pounds too far.

timbmbun February 05 2014 at 9:05 AM

I thought she looked too skinny. I'm not sure if she lost a lot of weight just to win the money, but now that she has $250,000.00 I hope she gains about 10 pounds. In my opinion she would look healthier with a few added pounds.

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal