nb_cid nb_clickOther -tt-nb this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage('http://www.aol.com/?mtmhp=acm50s247banner041514 network-banner-promo mtmhpBanner
AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Study: Romantic comedies can save your marriage

Study: Rom-Coms Can Save Your Marriage

When it comes to Valentine's Day, many look for flashy gifts to impress their significant others -- but a new study found that the secret to a good marriage is actually staying at home and watching a romantic comedy.

The study involved 174 couples. Daily Mail says researchers discovered that just watching romantic comedies and then talking about them reduced the divorce rate from 24 percent to 11 percent in the first three years of marriage.

Turns out the key was to watch movies where love is more of a process, like 'Two for the Road' or 'Yours, Mine and Ours.'

So make sure to break out those romantic movies on the 14th, but don't skimp on the flowers ... just in case your significant other didn't hear about this study.

More From You

30 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
Daniella Terry March 13 2014 at 7:17 AM

I must admit, this caster dr.marnish is real. i called dr.marnish +15036626930 when my boyfriend departed from me. but since my boyfriend came back I definitely believe dr.marnish is real
Daniella Terry

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
alydartwo February 05 2014 at 4:55 PM

Just watch a good p**n movie.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
jaysc219 February 05 2014 at 3:25 PM

It's all about the popcorn.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
corey39184 February 05 2014 at 3:16 PM

Spending quality time together is a must...laughing together breeds intimacy. This movie thing works.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
ragtophemi February 05 2014 at 2:34 PM

My marriage was a comedy. Keyword Was

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Velocity105 February 05 2014 at 1:26 PM

Yeah that dude looked totally romantic, liked the raised eyebrows when the subject of spending time together came up, lol. Bro, you met her, wooed her, proposed to her, loved her and supposedly cherish her, might want to make a stronger effort.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
patrick douglass February 05 2014 at 12:35 PM

THIS IS TOTTALLLYYY TRUE

I SPEAK FROM MY HEART AND EXPERIANCE AND THE MOVIE IS ( 50 YEARS )

MR LUCKY (c. grant&lorane day) and THE DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES & C.GRANT & D. KERR

MOVIE the name of that one slips my pie brain, but its a tear jerker comedy drama flick

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
2 replies to patrick douglass's comment
dickn2000b February 05 2014 at 1:22 PM

Uuuuhhhh...Excuse me but the movie The Days of Wine and Roses was hardly a romantic comedy. It was about alcoholism, and it did not have a happy ending. And it starred Jack Lemmon and Lee Remick, not Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. You know Google would have shown you this had you bothered to look it up.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
bobrang94 February 05 2014 at 2:04 PM

I agree Days of WIne and Roses not comedy. The C Grant-D Kerr she was referring to was An Affair to Remember. It just wasn't clear.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Bandi February 05 2014 at 12:30 PM

I hate Chick Flicks and I have been married to the same woman for 48 years.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Darryl Ehlers February 05 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hi Folks I as an employer who supplies housing for my emploees. I have a rule that you will posess a marrige licence or no one moves in. I don't allow shack up on my nickel. It has been mistaken that you shack up to not be responsible for the opposite sex. It is just a free ride to no where. Find the right person and marry them and live your life as GOD professes. Nothing is easy you must work at it, you are not your parents child any more, you have to creat a new life on your own and grow up.
Have a Good Day Pilgram Darryl Ehlers

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
Sandy Walters February 05 2014 at 11:55 AM

Better yet, watch American Hustle!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down