nb_cid nb_clickOther -tt-nb this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage('http://www.aol.com/?mtmhp=acm50s247banner041514 network-banner-promo mtmhpBanner
AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Artist sculpts enormous 'frozen dinner' out of snow

Artist Sculpts Enormous 'Frozen Dinner' Out of Snow

Hungry? You might want to take a bite of one man's lawn ... though it's likely a little too frozen for your liking.

Yup, artist Todd Lindbergh crafted a 30-foot-by-30-foot frozen dinner made entirely out of snow. It comes complete with two pieces of chicken, peas, carrots and mashed potatoes.

Frozen dinner on man's lawn

Seriously, it's like a replica of something you would find in your frozen food aisle, like a Kid Cuisine.

Lindberg created the masterpiece (or master dinner) in his front yard in Virginia.

He's he same artist who created a mural in honor of Olympic Gabby Douglas in her home town of Virginia Beach. He posted the painting on Facebook, and it showcases Douglas with her medal.

But like any good snow creation, this one isn't sticking around for long.

'The paint dissolved down into the snow. It wasn't that people ate it, it just dissolved.'

That's too bad, because it sure looked appetizing.

Love snow creations? Check out more wild ones below.

More From You

16 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
Judith February 05 2014 at 1:56 PM

What fun! I love snow art, even a well-constructed simple snowman, as long as I can view it from my house or car window. When one of my grandsons (now in his 30s) was about 4 years old my daughter and family came to visit. It was snowing outside - that gentle soft big-flake snow. Anyway - he asked, "Isn't it great, grandma?" I answered that no, it wasn't, it was a blizzard. He said it was not. I asked if there were more than five snowflakes. He said that there are always more than five snowflakes when it snows. I said that as long as there were more than five snowflakes then it was a blizzard, period. He hesitated and thought about that for a moment, then said, "You don't like snow, do you grandma?" Bingo!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
db1219 February 05 2014 at 10:47 AM

He certainly did a very nice job on that display. But what did he use for the yellow butter on the potatoes? Remember----don't eat the yellow snow!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
tsh85 February 05 2014 at 5:36 AM

This is just awesome. If you like snow art, you should Google "China snow and ice festival." It is one of the most beautiful displays of snow and ice sculptures you will ever see. Just amazes me what a person can create from a piece of frozen water.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
tsh85 February 05 2014 at 5:33 AM

Very creative and original. I happen to be a person who loves snow art, in any form. Some people are so amazingly creative and artistic.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
hhillsx5 February 05 2014 at 3:22 AM

Did no one ever learn the phrase "If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all"? This is a human interest story not a debate on what frozen food company did the 'original' art or why the artist didn't give copyright acknowledgement. I think this is really great art and lightens the moment for people living in the horrible snow conditions going on at this time. That is just my opinion and of course everyone else is entitled to theirs so there is no need to bring the First Amendment into debate. Thank you and good night.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
philsun73 February 05 2014 at 2:58 AM

As long as this guy stays in snow country, he'll never have to worry about eating. That dinner is big enough to feed two people.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
leftlaneglen February 05 2014 at 1:47 AM

That would have been cooler if I had never worked at the fried chicken tv dinner plant.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
ht4cycle February 04 2014 at 7:53 PM

He is a great artist and many of his works are on buildings in the resort area of Virgnina Beach. Driving around you see the giant murals showing pride in a nation and a community. Good to see him getting some press.

Reply Flag as Abusive +10 rate up rate down
zoerhenne February 04 2014 at 7:51 PM

The reporter is either too young to have ever heard of Swanson, or just stupid and a bad reporter. The snow sculpture is an exact replica of a Swanson frozen dinner. Every Kid Cuisine has corn or mac and cheese with their chicken. I've NEVER seen peas in any of their meals (probably because kids don't eat them).

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
1 reply to zoerhenne's comment
leftlaneglen February 05 2014 at 1:49 AM

I woked at a factory that made Banquet tv dinners. Looks the same to me.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
theholly February 04 2014 at 7:35 PM

Almost makes me want to move back to Chicago and do some sculpting.....almost... However, love Los Angeles and the weather. ;))

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down