Military couple in tearjerker Super Bowl commercial speaks out

Military Couple in Tearjerker Super Bowl Commercial Speaks Out

Budweiser rolled out quite a few heartwarming ads during Sunday's Super Bowl. Some are saying none meant quite as much as the "A Hero's Welcome" commercial. "Fox & Friends" caught up with the ad's star couple.

Lieutenant Nadd's girlfriend, Shannon Cantwell, greeted him at the airport in his hometown of Winter Park, Florida before surprising him with a parade.

Lieutenant Nadd wasn't the only one surprised. National Review Online says Budweiser didn't tell the couple it would be a Super Bowl commercial until days before the big game.

Budweiser topped it all off with tickets to Sunday's Super Bowl. Now THAT'S a welcome home.

wmcleigh February 03 2014 at 6:28 PM

I'm glad our nation is honoring its warriors these days, unlike the way we were treated back in "the day." But I'll be ready to celebrate returning from VietNam only when our government explains what happened to the 400 or so POWs it knows we left behind back in 1973. My fellow Marine pilots and good friends, Hugh Fanning and Gary Fors, were among those we abandoned. They and the others deserved a better fate than to be sacrificed on the altar of political expediency.

arnoldhoneybrown wmcleigh February 03 2014 at 6:39 PM

More DNC lies

d1anaw arnoldhoneybrown February 03 2014 at 6:50 PM

Bet you were not even around during the Viet Nam war.

Flag 0 rate up
Mary Ann wmcleigh February 03 2014 at 6:50 PM

I was a teenager when the Viet Nam war started and remember the way the soldiers were treated when they returned. I was totally disgusted the way many people treated the soldiers. Those ignorant jerks should have treated the politicians with disgusting behavior rather than our soldiers. The soldiers only followed the orders that they were given and followed through with those orders. God bless you and all those that have been lucky enough to return home, and those who were not so fortunate, and I pray that the day will come when the remains of our fallen soldiers will be found and returned to their homeland.

princess82962 February 03 2014 at 9:22 PM

ALL ARE MILITARY SHOULD BE HONORED EVERYDAY..... I HONOR MY SON AND ALL MILITARY, BECAUSE WE HAVE FREEDOM DUE TO THESE HEROS..... GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE..... COME HOME SOON.......

BarB February 03 2014 at 10:04 PM

heartwarming.....

Michael Fontana February 04 2014 at 10:34 AM

I am glad that corporate America stepped up to the plate to honor our service men and women and their loved ones. I don't think that anyone was paid to be in it. However the government has no problem using movie stars and pro athletes to promote useless obamacare. The military people who were killed at Fort Hood by a terrorist was defined by obama's DOJ that it was just a workplace killing. Guess what these service people receive for that in compensation..zero. I don't drink alcoholic beverages but am glad that we have patriots in industry that we don't have in our politicians. US this Buds for you !!!

Tom Michael Fontana February 04 2014 at 11:06 AM

We're talking military service here, not Obama Care. Please take that to the appropriate forum and discuss to your hearts content.

We're honoring our military and the service our brave men and women gave the USA.

fjmorrisjr February 03 2014 at 10:30 PM

Heartwarming commercial. Kudos to Budweiser. Welcome home, Lt Nadd. Glad you & all other middle east war vets receive the welcome that Vietnam Veterans never received. We should always support our troops, whether we believe in a particular war or not. When your country calls you, you go! That's a real American!

tc123242 fjmorrisjr February 03 2014 at 11:06 PM

Nice job on commercial but if Bud really wanted to do something nice, do same commercial without their name in it, and throw the guy a job.

celina_pittman February 03 2014 at 10:38 PM

Each soldier should recieve the same welcome home, unfortunately our country doesn't honor them as they did like back when they came home from WWII..parade, #tickertape#parade, # bringemhome##

rjohn29601 February 03 2014 at 10:42 PM

I like the Clydesdales, but this was special.

hahudz rjohn29601 February 03 2014 at 11:20 PM

Absolutely love those Clydesdales. I watch the SuperBowl just to see them in the ads.

AKGERRY February 03 2014 at 10:54 PM

Great that they honored an true American hero. More of the same should be done, vets, all vets are under appreciated. There would be no freedom if it was not for our veterans. We can never repay them for what they have done and do for us.

drydockx AKGERRY February 03 2014 at 11:22 PM

I came home from Europe, wounded. Got my discharge, but had to wear my uniform till I got to CA from the east coast. Not one =thanks from anybody. Things have sure change in the good old USA.

tc123242 February 03 2014 at 11:05 PM

Please. Nice concept. All veterans should receive that kind of homecoming. But don't. So basically BUDWEISER, (yes their name was prominently displayed) did a very nice thing for one vet. How about all these major corporations do this for all vets and then, here's an ideas BUD, give them jobs.

threelinedsalamanders tc123242 February 03 2014 at 11:58 PM

I think this is all symbolic flag draping nonsense and I say this as an Army, artillery Vet.

I just wish the GOP would stop trying to slash VA funds every chance they get (FAT war Pentagon spending is NOT the same) while putting on a flag draping show for the clueless and ill informed.

The Dems on the other hand subscribe to keeping some of the laziest , most worthless people on in VA hospitals due to unions and again while putting on a flag draping show.

mikco99 threelinedsalamanders February 04 2014 at 12:18 AM

You had me until the last paragraph. Bull, I say.

Flag 0 rate up