The celebrity Super Bowl ad phenomenon

Celebrities have all but taken over our favorite Super Bowl ads, and more often than not these days, multiple big name stars may be featured in one 30 second spot. It may be hard to fathom, but there was a day when commercials had no, let alone one, celebrity.

Celebrity Super Bowl Ads

Today, we're far past that point. Take a look at some of the most unforgettable celebrity Super Bowl ads through the years.

dungal1 February 02 2014 at 10:11 AM

For me the Super Bowl ads are the only ads I look forward to. The ads on AOL/Huffpost drives me nuts. Are you with me?

Mandoist February 02 2014 at 11:19 AM

Never been the same since I first saw Cindy Crawford in that '92 commercial. For months afterward, every time I heard can pop, so did I.

FRANK February 03 2014 at 1:19 AM

The best of all the Super bowl ads was Mean joe Greene coke commercial nothing will ever top it.

clpirate FRANK February 03 2014 at 3:05 AM

the best super bowl was the light beer 1st annual camping trip,when all the guys were around the camp fire,telling the scarey story about the monster that walked on 2 legs but wasn't human and had big bulgy eyes , and rodney dangerfield walked out of the wood ,and everyone scattered screaming.

ajafullmn February 02 2014 at 11:28 AM

Don't remember if it was Coke or Pepsi, but remember that drop dead gorgeous model walking out of the ocean and up the beach. Now THAT was an ad.

Dale February 02 2014 at 10:48 AM

The Mean Joe Greene coke commercial will always stick in my mind as one that had a great impact on me, and still is my favorite Superbowl commercial.
Who will ever forget a young boy offering Joe Greene a Coke as he limps into the locker room, Joe drinks the whole bottle, and as the boy walks away he says to the boy, "hey kid, catch" then he throws his jersey to him., and he says "Wow, thanks Mean Joe.

bkoster2 Dale February 02 2014 at 10:57 AM

I wonder how many bottles of Coke "Mean Joe" had to guzzle to get the commercial? I heard on another site awhile back that it took over 10 takes to get it right! I'm guessin' Joe had his fill o' Coke for awhile lol.

I love Snickers bkoster2 February 02 2014 at 11:34 AM

Don't know about Mean Joe, but if I downed that many bottles of soda one after another I'd have been belching & farting for the rest of the day!!!!!!!

Flag +1 rate up
bill3fish February 02 2014 at 11:23 PM

The best commercial was the bull and the cows, smart, funny and original.

Estelle February 02 2014 at 10:05 PM

The WORST array of Super Bowl commercials EVER!

Carol February 02 2014 at 10:18 AM

The Budweiser commercial honoring 9/11 when the horses knelt as they gazed across the river at ground zero. The best and most poignant ever.

jandcpratt February 02 2014 at 11:27 AM

where the bud weiser frogs and the bud bowl???

jrp1947 February 02 2014 at 2:58 PM

The classic of all time will be mean Joe Green in his ad. People have over analyized the ad since it came out but the ad is pure and simple. A man can be a warrior and yet be a man who shows compassion and understanding when the battle is over. a lot of unstated class and Mean Joe Green pulled it off to perfection. Others have been chasing him ever since and no matter who much they spend, no matter how fancy they get, the message and the product will get lost year after year because they will be forever trying to class with technology and technology has no class.

iengar jrp1947 February 02 2014 at 3:22 PM

totally agree; i too am a big fan of the Joe Green ad; never again will there be an ad that touching;

Applez64 iengar February 02 2014 at 3:49 PM

More touching than the 911 ad? Come on!

Flag +1 rate up
cinismax iengar February 02 2014 at 9:16 PM

agree

Flag 0 rate up
kwazhome jrp1947 February 02 2014 at 5:54 PM

I agree completely ...best Super Bowl ad ever...and I saw them all.....