AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Super Bowl blackout for some Time Warner Cable customers

Super Bowl Denver
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Time Warner Cable says its investigating a blackout on its standard-definition Fox channel in Southern California that has cut off the Super Bowl telecast for its customers.

The company said in a Twitter message that it's working to resolve the problem, which is not affecting the Fox high-definition channel.

Hundreds of football fans are taking to Twitter to complain about the blackout, which occurred shortly before the halftime show. Two other Time Warner cable channels - KCAL-TV and KTLA-TV - were also blacked out.

It wasn't immediately clear how many customers were affected by the blackout.

Calls and email messages to Time Warner Cable spokesmen were not immediately returned.

The Seattle Seahawks were leading 29-0 over the Denver Broncos at the top of the third quarter.

© 2014 THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED. Learn more about ourPRIVACY POLICY and TERMS OF USE.

More From You

359 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
Jim February 03 2014 at 7:24 PM

Another typical screwup by Time Warner Cable! They can't seen to even broadcast their normal stations right without pixalization or blackouts or no sound or picture freezing. In the last year we have demanded and received credits for numerous times the broadcasts from TWC have gone down the drain! I live in a townhouse complex where all of the units are hooked up to TWC so we are stuck with their crappy service! In my mind, they should be finded by the FCC and not allowed to broadcast anything until they get their **** together. We have had to call their repair service and their local office too many times to demand our credit for the lost broadcasts! This loss of part of the Super Bowl was just about the last straw. Time to push the Board of directors of the townhouse association to dump TWC and get a more dependable service!! TWC just plain stinks and they don't know what they are doing. All they want to do is raise their raites to subscribers and the hell with spending money to get better equiptment and better training of their employees! They should also be forced to give credits to their subscribers every time their service goes out! And not just the ones watching at that time but all of their customers across the country every time there is a broadcast problem. Maybe they will get their act together when the bottom line starts to fall faster than the ratings!!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
wes February 03 2014 at 6:33 PM

It was just a ploy because there is not enough HD suscribers in that area

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
gudtip February 03 2014 at 6:32 PM

I watched it on FOX HD it was perfect, but i do feel for the people that had their heart set on watching it, I think I would upset enopught to tell Time Warner Cable good by and go satelite beter deal

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
kmorgan426 February 03 2014 at 5:51 PM

direct tv not much better, about 100 info mercial channels. direct tv lost the weather channel and is making excuses, there expensive too

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
2 replies to kmorgan426's comment
fmott1954 February 03 2014 at 6:26 PM

they all want more money im going back to 10 foot dish and free programing.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
wes February 03 2014 at 6:32 PM

I have directv and still have the weather channel

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
SimSimAZ February 03 2014 at 5:48 PM

Time Warner SUCKS!!!!! always something up with their service. Will be switching to a different company ASAP. And when I called for some type of compensation, they offered me $1.00 for the one days interruption of TV. Umm its the Superbowl, its live!!!! I cannot watch a re-run of it , if I wanted to. Very disappointing.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to SimSimAZ's comment
crptman101 February 03 2014 at 6:19 PM

Try Dish

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Penny February 03 2014 at 5:23 PM

They sure did not miss anything with that boring game

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Megan February 03 2014 at 5:10 PM

I used to have Time Warner, and had a love-hate relationship with them. they loved my money, and I hated their lousey service, lousey customer service,and poor reception. I have dish now,and couldn't be happier. I do feel that TW's commerical ads are a desperate attempt to bring back customers, but where I live, I see more and more dishes go up each year. This superbowl screw up should be a wake up call to tens of thousands of TW subscribers to seek an alternative. TW has not gotten better..they just slapped a new coat of paint on an old barn.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
george February 03 2014 at 5:04 PM

time warner blows (must be denver fans)

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
house123456james February 03 2014 at 4:58 PM

Paying for HD TV. WOW I get it for free!!!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
ronnie February 03 2014 at 4:48 PM

It's 2014 ......... Its now called Directv !!! Cable SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down