If Peyton beats the Seahawks, will he be considered the greatest QB of all time?

If Manning Wins Super Bowl Is He The Greatest Ever?

Two SportsNation anchors debate what a win for the Denver Broncos will mean for Manning's legacy. Will he become the Michael Jordan of football? Or will some past performances get in his way? Watch.

Glenda and Kenny February 01 2014 at 4:12 PM

if the patriots have not cheated, would they still have superbowl rings?

chefrousseau Glenda and Kenny February 01 2014 at 4:21 PM

Quit your crying. Patriot haters are boring. Talk about this super bowl not the Patriots. I find it interesting why people are so preoccupied with the Pats. Go Seahawks!!!!!!!

goodie2s Glenda and Kenny February 01 2014 at 4:30 PM

You really need to do a little research regarding exactly what happened. The real fact is that all teams were stealing signals. Tony Dungie has stated this over and over. It was common practice for all teams in the league. The reason the Patriots were fined was that after the Commissioner told teams to stop video taping , Bellichek ignored that order and taped for about 10 minutes of the first quarter of the first game of the year the order was issued. The team was fined for that not for anything done in years prior because again, stealing signals was common practice. Actually, it still is but it cannot be done via video taping. I am not even a Pat's fan but I have done my research and read about what really happened rather than chosing to believe those who have not.

rdh32khll February 01 2014 at 8:13 PM

Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana are the only two to appear in 4 super bowls and win all 4 for a 100% rating.

Troy Aikman is the only one to be 3-0 in the super bowl for a 100% rating.

Manning has a way to go.

dvp83 rdh32khll February 01 2014 at 8:47 PM

Bradshaw also called his own plays.

sof858 February 01 2014 at 4:46 PM

terry bradshaw

stevendlogan February 01 2014 at 11:44 AM

I think Joe Montana's record speaks for itself.

thematrixjs stevendlogan February 01 2014 at 11:46 AM

not to mention the Intangibles..

Pat February 01 2014 at 11:46 AM

Even though I love watching Peyton play and think he is a great QB, I think he will be one of the greatest that ever played the game!

cls1955smith February 01 2014 at 11:48 AM

i hope Peyton Manning and the Broncos kick ass over the seahawks!!!

rdh32khll February 01 2014 at 8:05 PM

Statistically,Bret Farve ranks #1, however, it won't be long for Peyton to pass him.

My all-time favorite is Terry Bradshaw.

wstax February 01 2014 at 11:48 AM

Is everybody overlooking Joe Montana ?

renate_lazzaretto February 01 2014 at 11:50 AM

My opinion of any great pro athlete of all time is what I call the Walter Payton example. Payton was not just a superior running back for the Bears but he was humble... didn't exploit his gifts and was probably the most normal for a celebrity in all arenas of fame. Payton could run like no other.. so maybe best running back of all time. However, what makes the best of anything all around... are qualities like Payton had... humble, generous, kind, low key, not greedy, not media hungry, honest. He wasn't looking for fame and fortune... he loved what he did. Payton rarely got severely injured. He couldn't explain the leg up, other leg up while he was running to the TD line. I can say this because I met him and his body guard in an elevator in Lake Forest, Il. I was huge with a 10 pd baby inside my small frame of a body. He was so famous at this point... there was no reason for him to notice me and my not famous self. He looked at me and smiled and patted my stomach and said, 'looks like you are going to have an athlete!' We small talked for about 5 minutes. He let me out of the elevator before him. He was such a gentleman. So, what makes a BEST in anything athlete? The Walter Payton example... if an athlete cannot match The WP all around style... then the athlete doesn't qualify as the best.

J E KOLASH renate_lazzaretto February 01 2014 at 12:25 PM

He was called SWEETNESS for reason..all around great guy!

ajmclau February 01 2014 at 5:06 PM

the talking heads are at it again